“Good food, poor service.”
Review of The Estoria - CLOSED

The Estoria
Cuisines: International
“Good food, poor service.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here on a regular basis up until I took ill. However I have since built myself back up and returned, only to find a complete different atmosphere compared to what it used to be when the previous owner was managing it. The food was top notch as I had expected especially the SFC Fillet Burger, juicy and tender chicken coated in a SF spicy crumb, however there is a lot to be said for some manners and personal effectiveness when it comes to managing a business such as this. The manageress was as fake and as sneery as they come, if she was to smile I'd safely say the drinks glasses would crack. Upon my opinion I will not be returning where I don't feel welcome and almost feel that she was looking down her nose on me .

• Visited April 2013

London, England, United Kingdom
“great tasting food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

fantastic food at great prices £15.95 for a three course meal.
great tasting homemade vegetable soup

• Visited March 2013
Nurney, Co. Carlow
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch at the Estoria, Bagenalstown”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a good basic family restaurant with cheerful and friendly service and is also good value. As it is on a street corner you can watch the townsfolk go by as you eat.

Visited October 2012
Carlow
“Friday afternoon Chicken vol-au-vent - we go nearly every Friday”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Beautiful sauce, excellent staff, I had the chicken vol-au-vent which was tasty in a creamy mushroom sauce.

Visited June 2012
Carlow
“Sunday lunch - we go often”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Staff are fantastic, warm and friendly, food was lovely, I had the beef.

Visited July 2012