“The weather helped”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Virginia
Termonbarry
“The weather helped”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Me and the missus stayed for two nights on a Groupon deal end of April when the weather was super. The hotel is situated in a beatuiful spot right beside the lake and there are lovely views from the public areas. I found the furniture and decor quirky for a hotel but certainly to my liking. The food was great as were all the staff. No problems with anything and we will be returning.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fritey56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Had a fabulous 2 nights here , staff are so friendly and welcoming, furniture in the rooms is beautiful and food is tasty and good value. Entertainment both nights which was great . Beautiful views too. Breakfast is from 7 till 11 which means you can have a lie in and everything is so laid back. Thanks a million

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Maurethe N
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Booked on groupon deal... hotel was beautiful, food excellent, staff couldnt do enough for you, very polite, attentive, breakfast was excellent too, nothing was too much trouble for the staff,all staff were very friendly and made you feel welcome. The views were beautiful, cant fault this hotel in any way, will return for another stay, would recommend this for couples, or even a relaxing stay, for all ages, not far from cavan town, if you like shopping, cant wait to return, this was booked for a girls getaway all four of us loved it,,, thanks to all there especially farrell

Room Tip: There is a room with jazzccui, if you would like this would advise to see if its available, the upgr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Iris F
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stay here for 2 nights staff were lovely food was beautiful decor was beautiful I would go back 2 this hotel tomorrow Breda farrel Christine & the owner were just lovely couldn't of asked for better lake view from r room will b back Margaret & James from Belfast

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank margaret k
Omagh, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Great value for money from Groupon. Food was amazing and so reasonable. Manageress lacks a bit of customer service skills. When we asked if we could exchange some sterling for euros her blunt reply of "we're not a buero de change you know! " in an unpleasant sarcastic tone left us feeling like naughty school children!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Susan C
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed here at the weekend and after reading the other reviews I couldn't wait to get here but... First of all the views are first class which was good but upon check in at the Hotel there was a guest infront of me talking to someone I can only assume who was a receptionist ( I think at this hotel everyone is a jack of all trades) when she had finished her conversation with the girl infront of me she grabbed her cigs and disappeared out a door marked private! I had to call 0 on the phone to get someone back to check me in!

The corridors to the rooms run along between the restaurant and toilets so between the smell of food and urine along with the darkness I was afraid to go any further... I upgraded to the Lakeview room which was nice (due to the views) to be fair and reasonably clean although what I thought was a kingsize bed turned out to be 2 singles pushed together.

We had dinner at the hotel and my partner had steak on the stone which was good value and he enjoyed and I had Lasagne which was just okay. The lady who served us never asked once was anything okay or can I get you anything else. I felt like I was troubling her asking for the likes of vinegar etc. Breakfast the next morning food wise was just ok but the young girl who served us was lovely.

Groupon advertised that an upgrade to a Lakeview room was an additional €10 but upon check out I was told €15?? All in all I am glad I only paid the £39 for B&B and a bottle of wine as I honestly don't think it was worth more than that. I was very disappointed that very few members of staff asked was our meal okay and our stay as I feel this should be a standard regardless.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M M
Holywood, Co Down
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The meal was wonderful. Excellent hotel if you want to relax and destress right on the waters edge. Lovely views from the restaurant and hotel rooms at the front you can upgrade to a room with a view if you want the bedrooms are spacious and well equipped the beds are big and comfortable

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Ozmeg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Virginia
Crover House Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 1 in Kells
Cavan Crystal Hotel
Cavan Crystal Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cavan

Been to Lakeside Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!