“really disappointing”
Review of Abe & Louie's - CLOSED

Abe & Louie's
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: European Cuisine Restaurant based in Virginia, Co. CavanWe are under new management as of late September, 2012.With our sylish decoration and sophistication served in every dish, your dining experience with us will be one to remember, and with our new menu and special offers on the way, it will make it easily affordable to relive your dining experience with friends and family!!OPENING HOURS Wednesday and Thursday 5-9. Friday and Saturday 5-10. Sunday 4-9. Early Bird Friday and Saturday 5-7, 2 courses 19.95 and 3 courses 22.95
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Front of house person very inhospitable no apologies for not having pate starter that we both wanted .Worst caesar salad that I've ever had loads of lettuce half a cherry tomatoe bits of burnt bacon & grated cheddar not parmesan.Maim courses fine except for burnt chips & watery garlic potatoes ,also a shortage of salt cellars we shared one with three other tables.Stone cold coffee etc etc.will never go back

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for second time in 8 weeks wasn't v impressed first time around but decided to give second chance
V poor
1) beer we ordered not available
2) my main course had to return awful
3) soo cold in restaurant
4) desert we ordered not ready!!!
Overall v disappointed

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Visited here wthout a reservation on a Saturday night prior to Christmas. Place was very busy but waitress said she would try to get us a table asap. Told us to take a seat at waiting area and we were quite happy there. Waitress kept coming over to check we were ok and was most apologetic to keep us waiting , Eventually we got a table and all in all ,were very happy with our meal.All steaks cooked to perfection an had some nice beer. I will be back as service was so good and food very enjoyable.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I had a meal in this restaurant last night. Beautiful place The staff were so welcoming and friendly. Menu was superb. We went for the early bird which runs from 5-7pm. This is excellent value. 3 course meal 22.95 euro. On Thursday night they do a 4 course meal 2 for the price of 1 at 22.95 euro. The service was excellent and we were allowed to enjoy our meal with no rush on the table. The house wine was very reasonably priced at 17.95 euro for an organic Spanish wine. I would definitely recommend this restaurant

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Last night my husband and I arrived here for a meal we were escorted to our table and drinks in front of us in minutes. The staff were friendly even thou they were busy they seemed only too happy to help us. The menu looked amazing i was stuck for choice. We weren't waiting long for our food not only did it look divine it tasted divine. The decor is beautiful. I could not fault a thing. Can't wait for a return visit.