“Nothing matches the intimacy and warmth of St Kyrans”

St. Kyran's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Virginia
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just Back from a relaxing day and night in this magnificent country house and restaurant, I normally don't do reviews but so was our experience I was compelled to write this.
On arrival we were greeted by Tommy the manageress, never have we met such a friendly polite and helpful person. Tommy showed us to our room which was spacious luxurious bright and a view of the lake which was spectacular. I rested for a while before dining and I was reluctant to get up as the beds and pillows are divine. The Bathroom was very spacious with bath and separate shower which I prefer.
We booked the restaurant for 7pm, again we were greeted by Tommy who offered us time to have a drink in the comfortable lounge area and then we were shown to our table at our ease .Patricia was our waitress who was both very informative and attentive, and engaged in friendly conversation through out. The meal itself from starters right through to the assiette of desserts was one of the best dining experiences ever, I have dined in some of the top restaurants both here and abroad and could not believe my luck to find such a gem hidden in virginia,
We had breakfast the following morning and again everything was fresh and cooked to order, from the home made granola to the home grown black berries and strawberries, to the divine breads and pastries and the most delicious scrambled eggs ever. We met Patrick and Helena the owners throughout our stay they are amazing hosts. They have great plans for the future and we wish them well.
Overall I cant recommend it enough, the entire staff are wonderful and owners Patrick and Helena deserve all the praise they receive. Its the small things that make you feel special.... Thanks for a truly wonderful stay and dining experience We will be back.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I were invited guests at a funeral party recently. We had also incidentally tried to stay there that particular weekend. As it turned out fortunately for us they were fully booked, so we had a lucky escape. I cannot comment of the food as we did not get any, the kitchen having run out. Not even a plate of sandwiches or a plate of chips could be provided which seemed ridiculous. There was a choice of chicken or fish on the menu – one could imagine running out of one but both stretches the imagination. The Manager was completely out of her depth and was rude, condescending and obnoxious to those of us and there were a number of others, who were not fed leaving us with no alternative but to go elsewhere. What was even worse some were being charged for tea/coffee. The Manager’s attitude on such a sad day for those attending was totally out of order and begs the question, why did they take the booking when they clearly were unable to cope but I guess this is what is happening now in rip off Ireland and St Kieran’s in particular. This establishment ought to be ashamed of itself. A lovely place and setting just such a shame the service leaves a lot to be desired.

12  Thank Kathleenc C
Reviewed August 19, 2013

As always we choose St,. Kyrans's for its food and atmosphere and friendliness of owners and staff. I still find their drink prices too high for a country restaurant. We may have to change our wine preference. Anybody else out there who feels the same?/

2  Thank RetireeOldcastle
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Food was really good but it is the service and the atmosphere that make this place a little bit special & the beautiful lake views don't hurt either. Will definitely be back

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Sometimes planning can go wrong, and despite the best efforts, the end result falls short! Such a day we had at this otherwise fine restaurant. The location is perfect and the rooms are a joy, however our family Sunday lunch fell short, some small portions, desert that was not the ordered item, merely a makeyup to resemble the real thing.
Very much out of character with the norm, hence the rating!

1  Thank 37traveller37