“Good value for a quick lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lisgrey House

Lisgrey House
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Virginia
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Excellent pub/restaurant on N3 main Dublin to Cavan road serving excellent lunches at reasonable prices and excellent evening meals. Plenty of parking also!
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Good value for a quick lunch”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We called in for a light lunch en-route. The place was quite busy with what appeared to be locals enjoying the free orange squash with their lunches.
We ignored the roast dinner that most people were having and had a light lunch of soup and a sandwich which were both unremarkable but satisfactory.
The dining room was reasonable but the toilets were a little tired and quite dirty.

• Visited April 2013

Perth, Australia
“A run down farmers pad!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Dirty glasses for drinks,unfriendly staff,the worst steak i had in my life,potatoes watery,no real taste from food,smell of dirty farmers on a sunday wil make u want to never go back!!!

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Cute-cavan-heur
“The worst meal I have ever had”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Brought my mother here on recommendation from friends as an early Mother's Day present. When seated we were giving two dirty glasses for water tat we didn't use, asked what soup was available and told it was veg only to be given oxtail which tasted like out of a packet. Thinking things might get better they didn't. I even gave the waitress back an item which was not dealt with in a professional manner and was included in my bill. Mains was a disaster and desert was (I have no words to describe what was put in front of me). It was suppose to be apple pie but my god I even took a photo of it to show my friends because they wouldn't have believed me otherwise. There is so much more I could say but I don't wont to waste any more time on this bad experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Fiftyshadesbetter
“Terrible Meal”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my family visited this restaurant recently, and it was one of the worst meals we ever had. We were a party of five and when we arrived we were met by very friendly staff who seated us very quickly. The restaurant was quite busy so we were seated next to the kitchen door. Our order was taken quite quickly but after that everything went down hill. We ordered a varity of starters and mains. The starters were adequate but just about warm. My T bone steak which was ordered medium rare came out like charcoal. It was accompanied by tinned mushrooms and grease laden onions. Our sides of chips (the cheapest frozen type) and garlic potatoes which came out cold were terrible. The best part of this meal was the jelly and ice cream I had for dessert. We were totally disappointed with our dishes and will not be recommending this place to anybody. Terrible terrible terrible. We had the privilege of leaving this restaurant with our pockets €150 lighter and our clothes ready for the dry cleaners due to the smell of grease that was coming out of the kitchen while we tried to eat this substandard meal.

2 Thank ShayFit
Killala, Ireland
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great quality food and plenty of it, friendly staff and very professional. Comfortable and nice atmosphere.

• Visited February 2013