“Pretty all right, really.”
Review of Madera's Inn

Madera's Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Masaya
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was a little nervous about this place after reading other reviews about it, but they must have been written by a pickier set. The rooms are big and have plenty of hanging space for clothes, the bathrooms are okay, and there's enough communal space upstairs. The rooms don't have much in the way of windows for views, some being interior rooms, but we weren't there to hang out in the room for the view anyway. The service is friendly. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank astrokate

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stayed one night at Madera's Inn. The people were very nice and accommodating. The breakfast was very good. I left behind an item of particular sentimental value and realized this a few hours after leaving the hotel. I called and, in very broken Spanish, tried to explain this to them. They don't speak English but we were able to establish that they did find my item and that they had set it aside in case I called. We went back and got it (luckily we were staying in Granada that night so it wasn't a big deal) - we really appreciated their accommodating this as I would have been devastated to see it go.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This place has basic rooms/bathrooms, but the price is right and the family who runs this place (Ana and her husband, son and daughter) is delightful. We had a basic room just off the kitchen area that had it's own bathroom and included bread/delicious coffee for breakfast. They can even pick you up at the airport in Managua if you'd like. They helped us get around town, took us to the Masaya volcano, advised us on the market and the Thursday night folkloric ballet there, to watch the sunset over Laguna Masaya from the Malecon, etc. If you need a place to stay in Masaya I'd definitely stay here!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sonhomeu
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have stayed here twice: once with a friend and then once with my parents. The place is set up in a large house surrounding the dining room. It is a simple place, but clean and the people are very nice. The first time I stayed here I paid $25 for a double bed and a single with a fan (didn't need AC in January) and bathroom inside the room. The second time I stayed here I paid $35 for a room with 2 double beds, AC, cable TV, and a bathroom inside the room. There aren't very many options in Masaya, so this is a pretty good deal if you want something other than sharing a dorm. Also, in the morning there was coffee and a small assortment of breads. It wasn't enough for breakfast, but something small to get you going.

There are some problems with the internet because of all the concrete walls, but it works fine in the common areas. The water was cold, but it is in most places of Nicaragua.

Overall, compared to other options here, this is the best price for what you get.
Website: http://www.hotelmaderasinn.com/en/bienvenidos.php
Call about prices because both times I stayed here, the prices they quoted me at (and I paid) were cheaper than what was listed online.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank seetheworld032
Reviewed September 18, 2010

$35 a night with air con and cable tv. A positive was the wireless internet, but it doesn't reach the bedrooms.

Bathroom extra small with no light, it wasn’t really a bathroom, it was just cornered off in the bedroom. Water was freezing! Sink was in the room rather than bathroom.

They completely overcharge with their taxi services, look elsewhere if possible.

Breakfast is pretty disappointing, bread and coffee.

Kind of awkward place to stay as everytime you leave your room to go out you must walk past their dining area and lounge.

Good/cheap restaurant 2 minute walk away called “Monchi’s” (or something like that!)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank malibu23
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We stayed one night in Masaya. Masaya has very few options in hotels for the traveler so with that in mind Maderas was an adequate choice among poor options. We paid $25 a night because we did not need AC, with AC the room would have been $45. The room was typical to low budget options in most of Central America, no decor, no maintenance and a bathroom that was jerryrigged together with no hot water. We did have cable TV which worked and the room was clean. You are staying in the house where the family lives so you will be walking through their personal lives as you come and go. There were no breakfast options offered.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Vivica
Reviewed December 29, 2008

When the owner first escorted us to the room and opened the door, we didn't actually think that was where he expected us to stay. The beds were ancient steel frames with lumpy, thin mattresses. We were glad that there were 2 beds because we used 1 bed in lieu of a closet -- our room was closet-less. The a/c was extremely noisy, which ended up being a blessing because our room was next to the noisy lounge and the kitchen and the owners' kids were screaming outside the window. The bathroom, which was really just the corner of the bedroom sectioned off with a couple pieces of rickety plywood, was a real gem: (1) No light; (2) Ice cold water; (3) I couldn't close the door when I sat down on the toilet because there was too little space from my legs. The lone bulb buzzing in the ceiling came right out of a film noir. The best part of the room was the cable TV. No breakfast included, although there was complimentary instant coffee and day-old bread. All this for $46 per night cash for 2 people; they wanted a whopping 15% premium for a credit card payment.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masaya
Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa
#46 of 50 in Managua
Hotel Central Masaya
Hotel Central Masaya
#12 of 20 in Masaya

Been to Madera's Inn? Share your experiences!