“A Home Away from Home”
Review of Hotel Casa Robleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Masaya
Hotel Casa Robleto
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Masaya
Los Angeles, California
“A Home Away from Home”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in Casa Robleto, a colonial paradise located in the center of Masaya in the first week of January 2013. Our stay was
simply amazing! The house is very beautiful and very homely. The room we stayed is equally beautiful and very clean. The bed is very comfy, The bathroom is huge with great hot shower with loads of fluffy bath, hand, and facial towels.
Of course, the sumptuous breakfast is served in the formal dining area with nice china and silverware. We were attended by Senora Francesca
and Marbella - like having your breakfast served by your grandma. It was wonderful. We felt like we didn't want to step out of the house
to explore Masaya.Although the casa is in the center of Masaya, the place is very quiet - we slept well.
The host Don Frank is very accomodating and helpful in arranging our tours and transportation. He organized a night tour to Masaya
Volcano for us with the National Park (inexpensive and guides were excellent compare to the more expensive tours operated by commercial
agencies). We ended up hiring his trusted taxi driver, Sr Loyola, to drive us around Masaya and visit the surrounding Puebla Blancas, Catarina view point
and other less touristy veiwpoints, Lake Apoyo, and Masaya Volcano, back to Granada and transfer from Granada to the
airport in Managua. Don Frank also arranged a horsedrawn carriage tour of Masaya for us.
It may sound a lot for $50/night for the two us but it was WORTH (all upper case) every penny of it plus we saved a lot of money on tours arranged
by Don Frank compare to
tours ran by commercial agencies. We covered almost everything in Masaya in two days at a very relaxing but exciting phase. Casa Robleto is a short walk
to the Masaya's main square and we felt safe walking around the area at night. To make a long story short, we highly recommend Casa Robleto.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I loved everything about it. My room was fab with great bedding and pillows; the bathroom had hot water AND water pressure, the A/C was cool.... I can honestly say it was perfect. The breakfast was excellent--nacatamale or omelette, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, toast, milk...... The whole experience was just so lovely. The ladies that cared for the home and attended to us were so special. I ordered coffee one afternoon and they served me on a silver platter with a smile. Absolutely lovely. The owner (Frank) arranged for the volcano tour. The tour from Masaya is so much cheaper than taking it from Granada, it paid for the room. A bargain. And again, there was that unbelievably fantastic hot shower.......

Room Tip: We had what appeared to be a King size bed. The bedding was so great, I dozed off after about a min...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KYMary
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Originally I was reluctant to make a reservation with Casa Robleto as they have no website. However, I emailed Frank who promptly emailed me back and made me confident that everything worked out. The driver for Casa Robleto, Freddy, picked me up at the airport at 2 am and quickly delivered me to the hotel where Frank met me and ushered me into my room.

I stayed at Casa Robleto for 2 nights and it was absolutely phenomenal. This beautiful old home has always been in Frank's family and it has family photos spread throughout the common areas.Frank showed me them with pride, and told me about his family. Everything about this home is beautiful. There are many chairs and tables spread throughout the open air rooms which are all very inviting and the perfect places to sit and read a book or have a chat with other guests. Frank was extremely helpful, friendly, and generous. He has a very carefree attitude which makes it seem as though you are in a friends' home instead of a 'hotel'. Unfortunately I do not speak Spanish, so I was not able to communicate with the ladies that worked here, however they were also very kind and helpful. My room and bathroom were both very clean and cozy. I am kind of a bed snob and fortunately the bed was very comfortable. The rooms are immune to any surrounding neighborhood or city noise.

There was not as much to do in Masaya as I had thought there would be, but there are many attractions a short car ride away.

A few tips.... When you exit the hotel, make a right and the main parque central is just a five minute walk. There is an little cafe here that makes amazing veggie and fruit smoothies. They also have the funkiest tables and chairs that I've ever seen. I took a day trip to Volcan Masaya which was beautiful as well as to Fortaleza el Coyotepe. Coyotepe was a very interesting place where I got some gorgeous photos of the surrounding country. The underground prison was very creepy, bring a flashlight!

Room Tip: There are 4 rooms here. There is a slight bit of noise from the dining area during breakfast, for th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed January 3, 2013

All aspects of Casa Robleto in Masaya was wonderful. A beautiful colonial home w/ 4 rooms with comfortable beds for traveling guest. Nice interior courtyard with outdoor dining made for a relaxing breakfast. Delicious Nicaraguan breakfast prepared by Francisca and her granddaughter. Frank the owner was more like a favorite uncle. A wonderful person to talk with and always willing to help with what ever you needed. I highly recommend Freddie as your taxi driver while in Masaya or if you need a ride to Granada or anywhere in the vicinity. As far as I am concerned, this is the only place to stay if in Masaya. Thanks again Frank.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Venlo, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 28, 2012

If I have to describe Casa Robleto in one word it would be “perfect”.
Manager Frank runs this old family home, which is owned by his sister.
Frank is a very charming and friendly man who will go out of his way to make you feel at home.
The house is absolutely gorgeous and more than you could possibly expect.
It's located a few blocks from the city center and the rooms are very quiet.
Our room was very spacious and the large bed could easily fit 3 people!
There’s a/c which we didn’t use, only the ceiling fan a few times.
The bathroom looks very luxurious and there’s even hot water, which seems to be rare in Nicaragua.
The breakfast made by 2 lovely ladies was huge and so much variety! We didn’t have to eat for the rest of the day, since we tried everything and it tasted so good.
Casa Robleto is a true gem and you will not be disappointed when staying here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Even though I have travelled quite a bit this is my first tripadvisor review. Why? Because my experience at Hotel Casa Robleto was such an outstanding experience I would like to spread the word about this beautiful home away from home. Frank runs the hotel superbly,along with the 2 ladies that work for him, nothing is too much trouble for them. We were made to feel very welcome from the minute we stepped in the door. The room we had was fantastic, great bed, excellent shower and bathroom, ceiling fan plus air conditioning. There is a pool table and plenty of sitting areas for reading if you want some quiet time. Masaya is ideally situated for a lot of the tourist attractions and great if you want to avoid the more touristy towns. There is nothing negative to say about Casa Robleto, you can contact them on 2522 2617 or 83968514. Email is casarobleto@gmail.com
I've added these contact details because I found it difficult to find them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Managua
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Everything about Hotel Casa Robleto is just perfect. It feels like coming to the home that you dream of having! The design of the house is stunning, the rooms are beautiful and the beds so comfortable...it's hard to get out of them! For breakfast we had so much, including Nicaraguan specialities that you would otherwise only be able to find if you were to stay in a Nicaraguan person's home, and the coffee was fresh (something me and my mum always pay attention to) and really good. And the price was so reasonable. We were looked after by everyone so well, and the owner Frank is a very interesting and helpful man who we learnt a lot about the country from sitting and talking with him. I came with my mum and friend and when I go back to Masaya I am definitely going back there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masaya
Madera's Inn
#4 of 9 in La Laguna de Apoyo
Laguna Beach Club
Laguna Beach Club
#3 of 9 in La Laguna de Apoyo

Been to Hotel Casa Robleto? Share your experiences!