“I Keep Coming Back; They Don't Disappoint”

Quality Inn Interstate
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I try and see the Tennessee Smokies baseball team at least a couple of times a year, with one of those involving an overnight stay. I've stayed here since I first started coming to Smokies games, annually, in 2009.

It is about a three-minute trip from the stadium, if that. The rooms always seem to be rather spacious, and my most recent stay was no exception. The TV was older, but still worked fine. Internet was good.

No problems with noise here, for me. It runs close to I-40, but it's not like on a service road right next to the interstate, if that makes sense. It's the first right you take after getting off at the exit (if you're coming from the east).

Breakfast consisted of sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, toast, cereal, muffins, etc. Everything seemed fairly well-stocked in spite of being close to the end of breakfast (it runs 7-10 on Saturdays).

When I checked in, there was a nice younger man who I talked to for a while, and seemed to know a bit about the baseball team, too. The lady overseeing breakfast was nice, as was the lady who handled my checkout.

The price is good (maybe a trade-off for having to travel a bit to get to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?)

The only real issue for me isn't something that Quality Inn can control. When you go to leave and head to the Parkway, you have to head south (or right, when you get to it), due to its proximity to the traffic lights at I-40, I suppose. Even if you want to go back across the bridge to the ballpark, you have to turn right, then make a u-turn on up the road. It's curious that whoever is in charge of road construction/traffic engineering has yet to address this, yet they've expanded the Parkway to six lanes.

I haven't experienced a bad stay here. As long as they keep up the good work, I'll keep coming back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside (maybe numbered in the 120s/220s+) face away from I-40.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 31, 2013

What a gem ! and a great value, that is only 15 miles from Pigeon Forge ..Nice rooms, BEDS ARE SO COMFORTABLE !!! very clean , well kept grounds and an EXCELLENT STAFF ! Maids were Super nice! Breakfast was Awesome ! easy check in and out , TV was great with a lot of channels, Pool was well kept and heated , Only thing I seen that could be improved, was the concrete on the patio was chipping in places , which was no big deal for us.. We will be going back in October and plan to make this our regular hotel while visiting Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Charley B
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the this hotel one night on our way home from Gatlinburg. It is a very well kelp place with a nice pool and good location . The price was the very , very reasonable. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and made our stay very enjoyable.. The room was very clean, we did request a smoking room so there is always a smell that goes along with that, nothing that is any different than any other place. They have a great breakfast in the mornings. Will sure stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David T
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I enjoyed staying here, stayed just one night, I checked in around 7pm. The staff was great, the young man working the front offered a discount without me even asking. I called the front to ask about local pizza delivery places and he recommended one and gave me the number, it was good stuff. Checkout was easy, the breakfast was fine, and the staff working in the breakfast room was very polite, will stay again if the opportunity comes my way.

Room Tip: Be quick on turning at that first right as soon as you exit the interstate. I missed it and had to d...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank blmanteufel
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Kodak for 2 nights while visiting the area. It is right off the interstate. This is obviously an older building but the staff is very nice and the rooms are clean enough (specifically the beds and bathrooms are very clean.).

Older style TV, but a good selection of channels. Refrigerator in the room. Older building with outdoor entrances but hotel felt very safe.

If you want something newer, the Comfort Suites next door looks much nicer, and across the Interstate is a Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn.

For the price however, the Quality Inn is just fine. I would stay here again... but if money were no concern I'd go with the Comfort Suites next door.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TN-610
Reviewed May 28, 2013

stayed from Fri, May 24 till Tues, May 28. The room was SPOTLESS! The front desk staff WONDERFUL & KIND! The Housekeeper Named Penny that cleaned our room was kind beyond belief. Reasonable priced as we booked early for the holiday weekend. The outdoor pool was open & quite nice. The grounds were immaculate. Being older couple we felt very safe & comfortable. Breakfast was just what we needed. So convenient to where we wanted to go. Even though older it was Superior to some of the newer hotels, motels we have stayed in. Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone who is traveling to stay. Our highest recommendation to all at the Quality Inn Interstate Kodak Tn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cynthia a
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Midway stop from Michigan to Charleston SC. Reasonable price, clean and takes pets under 40 lbs. Feeling its age but very friendly and clean. Morning breakfast was okay. Big wooden bear out front and an out door space to relax. No pool if that's important to you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family