“Just a redneck shopping mall.”

Great Smokies Flea Market
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Kodak
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just a redneck shopping mall.”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I expects more vintage antique finds but was quickly dissapointed. I would describe this place: Mexico meets Canton, Tx. The only thing I enjoyed was the outside vendors who actually had cool stuff to dig through. Wish there were more vendors outside too.

1 Thank LauraGaspard

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome flea market!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I've been to this flea market several times. I love it! I always go on Saturday or Sunday because a lot of vendors are not open on Friday. The indoor area is full of new commercial items. The out door has yard sale items, antiques, and some commercial items. I'm a local, this is by far the best flea market around!

1 Thank Hensemon
Bryson City, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“love it!!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

we visit everytime we go over the mountain......sometimes we just drive over for the day to go to the flea market......lots of vendors......be careful if buying a pet from there though.....we bought a dog and it ended up having parvo....the people that we bought it from are not there anymore i dont think or they have just changed there name.....

Visited October 2012
1 Thank kellyfelly20
newton nc usa
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“wonderful”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

wonderful place to find all kinds of treasures. people were very nice & helpful. Excellent place to find all kinds of interesting things.Prices very good. only wish they had more variety of food available for sale.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank cynthia a
South Carolina
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This covered and outdoor market is located right off of I-40 near Sevierville. We went on a Saturday afternoon in mid-late-August from our cabin in Gatlinburg. Says it is 15 miles from Pigeon Forge. We had been 5-6 years ago and recalled it as being a great place and staying several hours.
Perhaps it was just too late in the year or was too late in the afternoon (they close at 5pm) but it seemed that there was a lot less to see than what we remembered from the past. One building we went in was practically empty and was mostly junk. Many other outbulidings appeared to be unused or closed.
Lots of the same thing you can find anywhere else. Best thing was the free sample of hand scrub in the bathroom! (And the bathrooms were clean which is appreciated). There was also a lot of local produce for sale if you're looking for a farmer's market. My husband loves flea markets and even he was disappointed --I was hovering betwen poor-average rating, but he said it wasn't that good, thus the poor rating.
If you are staying in Sevierville or close by and its on your way, it's probably worth a look but I wouldn't go out of my way for it ..particularly with the weekend traffic. Could have better spent those hours stopping at the little shops along the way.

Visited August 2012