“Excellent Hotel, Seemed Brand New, Staff excellent”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Great hotel, we stayed overnight. not sure how old the hotel was, but seemed pretty new. Great staff, good breakfast which is FREE, and was perfect for staying with our young son. Its literaly in the parking lot of the bass pro shops right off of I 40, so very easy to get off and back onto highway.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank gyron

Reviewed January 12, 2011

First of all the hotel is the world, when I came to Tn it was during teh hoilday's and I was down for a week visiting frinds and family as i arrived at the hotel the first thing that I have notice is that the parking lot had trash all over the place so I let it go because someone may have not had the chance to go and clean the parking lot as I walk into the hotel I checked in and went to my room and got settled in and I open the curtins and the windows had fingure prints all over it at this point I went through out the room to see what all was done in the room as far as the dusting they did not get the back board but eveything was dusted.
When I went into the bathroom I notice there was some black hairs in the bath tub, as for the tolet the rim was not cleaned and by now I was mad so I left the room because I was mad and at that point there was no housekeeping insight on the second floor so I went to the lobby and spoke to a nice lady at the desk I did not ask what her name was i told her what my room was like and she said that she would have someone go and take care of it so I left. A few hours later I came back and the room was cleaned and at that point I was ready to turn in or the night I pulled back the sheets on the bed and I notice that there was body hair all over the sheets i called down to the front desk and I told the lady about the sheet and she was very rude to me on the phoen and told me to clean the sheet off with my hand and then she hung up at this point I was so mad that I pulled the covers back up and slept in the chair.
Th next morning I was woken up at nine in the morning with the houseeping in the room next door to me making alot of noise and i over heard two woman bad mouthing other employee's and the things that were coming out of there mouths I decided that I was leaving so I made other arragnments to stay with my family not to far from there and I packed my suite case and I left and headed to my parents home.
I will never ever stay at this hotel or any other Holiday Inn Express this ruined my holiday

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Karl51835
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Brand new & extremely clean/nice! The staff here is some of the BEST I've ever had the pleasure of meeting! From the check-in staff, to the cleaning staff they were all incredible! This hotel is very exceptional and the beds, oh man - how I miss the beds!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JoeyRandolph
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I stay here all the time when I travel through that area. I have found there rates to be more reasonable then those in Pigeon Forge. The hotel is only a couple years old so it is very clean and modern. Staff has always been friendly. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank backpacker8
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Great views, good location and lots of shopping and food in the area. One thing to keep in mind--if you are on the side facing the interstate, it may be loud. We were on the third floor, facing the road and all night I heard traffic and semi trucks. The location was ideal for us because it was about 20-30 minutes in either direction from Gatlinburg and Knoxville. We may not stay here again, simply because we would prefer staying closer to Gatlinburg...but this was good hotel because we had never been to Knoxville and this just worked out :)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daddysgirl29445
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This was the worst experience I have ever had at a Holiday Inn Express. The hotel staff especially the front desk was very unfriendly upon check in and check out. The carpets were very stained and dirty and the "heated" pool was cold. My credit card was charged after being told twice (on check in and check out that it would not be.) Our room was paid for in cash. Also our room faced I-40 and all we heard all night was the noisy traffic. The breakfast was Ok but not great. After my experience at this hotel I will rethink my decision of ever staying at a Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2010

After looking around online for a place to stay for the "circle yer wagen" car show at the Sevierville fairgrounds, I was told that the "Host" hotel for the show would give us a discount. After reading some reviews for that particular hotel, one in particular stood out to me--someone who came to the same car show last year said it was the worst hotel he had stayed at. After reading this i decided to keep looking. I came across this Holiday Inn Express, as well as, another [very close by] hotel with AMAZING reviews. A little more expensive than the other "host" hotel and a little further out from everything, but nevertheless, i was willing to drive a little further for a place i could stay without worrying about the "YUCKS," if you know what i mean. I imagine either [of the two] hotel(s) I was looking at would have been equally good, but i went with Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites. No Regrets. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was not that far away from where we were going to be spending most of our time, the fairgrounds. Upon checking in, albeit at 11pm -BLAH- the lady at the front desk was very pleasant and welcomed us; in fact, every person we came in contact with, in the hallways and at the front desk, was very nice. We had a perfect room on the top floor. Never much noise even though there seemed like A LOT of people staying there.This hotel is in the same parking lot as the Bass Pro Shops, AND, a BIG Plus = a Starbucks inside of it [inside the BPS]!! YAY! ;^)
The fitness room was a definite plus, and we were going to use it, but we were so tired both nights, we only got in to try the machines out for a minute the first night we were there, good machines! I WILL DEFINITELY stay here again in the future!!
ONLY one thing to jmprove on -- i am a vegan, and found the breakfast to be, NOT very vegetarian friendly; offering soymilk should be a requirement for every hotel. Light yogurt, instead of REGULAR, full fat yogurt would be nice too. Also, more fruit options, bananas are not enough, grapes and apples would have been nice, along with a stevia sweetener option [for coffee], instead of ONLY sugar, sweet n low, or splenda.
Be ADVISED though, Sevierville is a dry city, you can buy beer, but not wine or liquor--you have to go to Gatlinburg, or Knoxville.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RaineGa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodak
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sevierville Kodak
Quality Inn Interstate
Clarion Inn Willow River
Clarion Inn Willow River
#4 of 20 in Sevierville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville? Share your experiences!