Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
alabama
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We recently spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Kodak, TN. It is located right beside the Bass Pro Shop (Kodak--East Sevierville). We arrived around midnight and were greeted very warmly by Heather at the front desk. We were very impressed with the entire hotel. The room was tastefully decorated and very clean. The hotel appears to be relatively new and well kept. The bed and pillows were also really comfortable. The hotel was definitely nicer than we expected. Especially for around $80 a night. Great hotel at a great price !!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luv2goAlabama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
cincinnati, ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Location: northside of I-40 at the Route 66 interchange (the primary exit to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville) next to every guy's favorite toy store, the Bass Pro Shop, (50 yards walk) about 25 miles east of Knoxville. On the other side of BPS is a small strip mall with several stores and a "The Chop House" restaurant, so that if you're really bushed, you really don't have to leave the area.
The motel opened less than a year ago, is new, and has all the current amenities including a small indoor pool, cold breakfast, etc.
Staff: Friendly, professional and actively helpful.
Cost: Stayed on a Saturday nite on one of the three busiest weekends of the year - Fall Color - coming back from Savannah. $85 plus tax = $96. As the local saying goes, "the further from downtown Gatlinburg, the cheaper the room rent". This was the cheapest room I could find. The Sleep Inn in Pigeon Forge where we usually stay in this area was $40 higher.
Observations: My biggest complaint was the three show cars on trailers in the not that big lot. The three took up 20 parking spaces total and made the lot a mess. The motel needs to require trailers to park in the outer lot instead of up close to mazimize parking.
We were on the fourth floor overlooking the interstate. There isn't any view, which is no big deal, and traffic noise can be a nuisance at times. Solution - ask for a room on the other side - north side - away from I-40. Same reason with the morning sun, even with the curtains drawn.
On a busy night like we had, my wife's complaint was the single elevator is overworked and waiting for it is a distinct nuisance, particularly negotiating a luggage cart around the kids.
All three of these complaints are petty and inconsequential in light of all the other positives.
For the next two years, this unit will probably be as good as it gets for a businessman's hotel. By then we'll know how good management is at keeping up with the competition in terms of maintenance, staff competancy, and market share by return business. In the meantime we'll give this one an A double plus.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bassbum
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 1, 2009

After being on the road for business for three weeks, and staying in a mixed bag of hotels, the Holiday Inn Express in Kodak/Sevierville was a fantastic experience! The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and had my room key ready when I walked in. My room was sparkling clean and smelled fresh. The air conditioning is controlled by a real thermostat on the wall, a pleasant change. If you are planning a trip to Pigeon Forge, avoid the dumps on the main road and stay a few miles away at the Holiday Inn Express, you won't regret it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank groovingarrett
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I chose the site because of its location and expected nothing more than a comfortable bed and a hot breakfast. What I got was that plus an enthusiastic and very friendly staff. My group, 7 of us attending the NASCAR race in Bristol, were all taken aback by the friendliness of the staff. They treated us like family without being overbearing at all. They truly did a good job. I'd return there without hesitation.

I wish I could have stayed for a baseball game at the Double-A facility down the road. It looks like it would have been fun.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sonicramone
Des Plaines IL
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I travel to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area once or twice per year for long weekend getaways. I usually stay at the HIE right in Pigeon Forge but since this new location opened, I thought I'd give it a try. I really like it! I love that it's brand new and everything is clean and neat. I stayed the weekend of 8/20 thru 8/24 and Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg wasn't really as crowded as it usually is (maybe because kids are already returning to school) so there wasn't major traffic on the parkway. I did wonder if it would get annoying driving to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and back each day (it's about a 12 mile drive to Pigeon Forge) but it really wasn't. Usually, once I leave for the day, I'm out for the day and don't return until evening so it isn't like I was driving back a forth a few times a day. I didn't use any of the amenities like the pool but the breakfast was satisfactory, nothing to complain about there. The hotel is right on the interstate. My room was not on the interstate side so I didn't hear any noice but the hotel is set off a bit from the road and it's kinda up high so I think the traffic noise would be low, if any at all. There are places nearby to eat. I definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Brentaholic
south carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My husband and I spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express. We paid $79.99 and were 100% satisfied. The modern room was pretty, spacious and clean. We loved everything about it.
My husband misunderstood what time breakfast was served and we were late getting to the breakfast area. The lady told me they were closed but she would turn on the warming lights so the food would stay warm until my husband got there to eat. We enjoyed biscuits, gravy, bacon, omelets and pastries. They also had other regular motel items such as cereal, toast, bagles, english muffins, jelly, jam, fruit, juice and coffee.
We would definitely stay at this new motel again.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suthengirl
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We are a family of 2 parents and 2 kids and had a room with 2 queen beds. They were comfortable and I enjoyed the option of Firm and Soft pillows on each bed. The rooms were clean and nice except there was dust on top of the room's coffee pot and the bedside lamp. The breakfast was fine...basic buffet. No make your own waffles, but other options like omelets, bacon, yogurt, cereal, sweet rolls, bagels, etc. There is no restaurant, just a small store with snacks. Also there are no restaurants within walking distance. We could hear the noise from the highway at night as we went to sleep, but not too loud.

My biggest problem was the bathroom arrangement. The sink is in the room with the toilet and bath. With a family this means no double tasking like one person bathing while another uses the sink. Earlier in the month on another trip we stayed at a hotel with a separate sink plus a small sink in the bar area. That was much more convenient! The sink and countertop are higher than average and would be too high for younger children to use without help.

Also the shower had very weak water pressure. It was fine coming out of the tub spout but almost too weak to effectively rinse my hair from the showerhead. I had to put my head under the lower tub spout to rinse thoroughly.

This hotel is located next to the Bass Pro Shop. There is some sort of ballpark located opposite the hotel and Pro Shop and one night we encountered heavy traffic leaving the ballpark which made it hard to turn into the street which leads to the hotel....but we made it across after a while!

Pigeon Forge is south about 15 min. away depending on traffic and Gatlinburg is south of Pigeon Forge. If you are visiting primarily for the tourist spots of those cities or the Smoky Mts., I would choose a hotel farther south. We were there to visit Dollywood and the drive was not too bad.

There are so many hotels in the area that I felt overwhelmed when choosing them so I used one of the "make a bid then we tell you the hotel you get" websites. I was OK with the results since we didn't plan to do Gatlinburg, just Dollywood.

I just wished the shower was better!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodak
Hampton Inn & Suites Sevierville @ Stadium Drive
Days Inn Kodak - Sevierville Interstate Smokey Mountains
Clarion Inn Willow River
Clarion Inn Willow River
#4 of 20 in Sevierville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville? Share your experiences!