“Not such a Value. Exceptional service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Sevierville Kodak
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Atlanta
“Not such a Value. Exceptional service”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites, I have stayed at many surrounding properties in the general area and surrounding areas. I was not impressed with the value by any means whatsoever. In comparision with a few of the other hotel ( Hampton Inn/ Comfort Inn) you do not get what you pay for at this hotel. Generally I stay at the Hampton Inn above the smokies stadium. Compared to Hampton the rooms at Fairfield were incredibly small, the walls were paper thin, the beds were hard, the rooms smelled musky, and the breakfast was limited. Even though Fairfield was lacking in quite a few areas they somehow manage to charge more than any other property. The breakfast is not hot! Although there are several things that need changed about the Fairfield Inn, the service on the other hand was great.The breakfast hostess, a tall slender lady, was extreamly curteous! She made small talk with everyone and made me and everyone else feel very welcome. Even the laundry personal was kind, we met her in the elevator. The housekeeper from our floor was very pleasant as well, a blonde headed lady, i believe she may have been in charge. The front desk personel from the morning when i checked in was very professional and had a wonderful smile that lit the room up short young lady, couldn't have been over 20. The evening desk clerk was trying none the less, very professional and was able to assist me in any and everthing i needed. It was a little over the top but they were doing just fine. I would perhaps stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Daniel A, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Sevierville Kodak, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback. I am glad you found our service to be exceptional. We also thank you for letting us know about areas that we can improve. Our breakfast is being updated to include scrambled eggs and sausage. I hope that you will stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
MICHIGAN
Reviewed November 24, 2012

When arriving at his hotel the outside was beaultiful and the inside was equally as nice. When we go to our room the room smelled very musty and and mildewy. I thought maybe that I would be able to tolerate it but it was too foul. so I went to the front desk and ask to be moved and they were nice in accomadating us and moved us to a different room and the same thing musty and mildewy but not as strong so I dealt with it because we had just got off the road from Detroit we were tired. As I looked around the room it had water stains on the ceiling as well as dirty curtains with stains . I they can take the time to clean the room very detailed the way the take pride in the outside and the lobby prescence it would be a very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great location. Away from all the tourist attractions but close enough to drive to. Great restaurant across the street. Hotel was very clean. I get grossed out easily and found no issues at this location!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience. It shows that what some consider to be little things, are much more valuable than often given credit for. I do hope we see you again in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2012

After a horrible divorce I hit the road and decised to do some soul searching. On the way thru I found the Fairfield Inn. It was absolutely a perfect location after driving for two days straight. My eyes were heavy and the friendly lately that's checked me in gave me a great rate for the room.
It was late and I went straight to bed. When I woke I went out and about for the day. I put my do not disturb sign up the night before and forgot all about it. When I returned the maid was getting ready to leave you could tell she was finished for the day. She seen me take my do not disturb sign off and came right over and ask if the room needed service before she left for the day. I let her come in because I spilled some coffee and used towels to clean it up so I needed fresh ones. While she tidied up th room I went to the lobby for the business center. The printer was down though :( anyways I returned to the room and it was so clean I felt like I had just checked in again to a new room. Plenty of towels and coffee and the maid I think she said her name was trish told me to have a great day and that she loved my shirt. My ex husband hated it and it was my fav so it made me feel good. So if you stay here ask what floor she's cleaning on because she's the sweetest little girl and provided incredible service. I will def be staying again on the return trip home!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room where the really nice maid is cleaning I think her name was trish.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Megan C
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our stay at this Fairfield Inn & Suites in Kodak, TN was our second visit on the final leg of our two-week trip up to Ohio and back home to Florida. It is located across from the Bass Pro Shop and the only restaurant nearby is the Chop House in front of the hotel. Our room was a double queen and the view from our window consisted of two or three large A/C unit and a concrete wall. We came in late in the afternoon from Ohio, visited the Bass Pro Shop and Knife World AGAIN, and then to early bed to head on home to Tallahassee the next day. The men always love the knives and fishing shops. I'm sure we'll stop through Kodak again in the future to visit those two stores on our trips up to the mountains. Our room was 112 on the first trip up and 117 on the second stay. Both rooms were the same size and close to the breakfast area. The breakfast consisted of bananas, waffles, Jimmy Dean sausage biscuits, juice, coffee, milk, boiled eggs, toast, bagels, cereal, etc. The breakfast was quite adequate the hostess very nice. The only problem we had at this hotel was insufficient amount of towels & washcloths as there were four of us in the room. Also, had to be careful of hot water handle in bathtub - would get hot easily. So, be careful with sink & tub faucets. The front desk clerk was doing laundry the last evening we were there and called us when the towels were ready; however, my husband had to go to the front desk to get the towels -- the clerk did not bring them to our room. We, too, had our visit during an Alabama-Tennessee football game, so the hotel was full of people there for the game and to see the fall leaves. The hotel was quiet and peaceful. We will stay here again should we visit Sevierville-Pigeon Forge in the fall again.

Room Tip: Room 112 on first floor is very close to breakfast room and front lobby. View from window not good...
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here recently after picking up my wife's parents at the Knoxville Airport. We spent two days here before heading back to our home in NE Tennessee. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was included and was decent. Overall, staying at Fairfield Inn was an enjoyable experience.

Kentucky
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and always loved the friendly service. Upon checking in, we were greeted by a friendly employee at the front desk. I had requested early check-in, but our room was unavailable at the time. Rather than waiting, the employee upgraded our room for free. The room was comfortable, but for the King Size Suite, the bed was way too close to the heater/ac unit on one side. It made it difficult to walk beside the bed without turning or banging your leg against the unit.

The bed was comfortable with ample amount of pillows. There were two tvs in the suite - one in the bedroom area and one in the living room area. The living room area has a couch, chair, coffee table, desk/chair combo. There is a mini-fridge and microwave and coffee maker. In the bathroom, the sink was a tad bit tall for a small person.

Pepsi Pop machines serve bottles for $2 each and are available beside the elavators on each floor. The ice machine is available too. Be sure to have quarters as 2 of the pop machines would not accept dollar bills. In the lobby, they sell drinks/food, but it is a little bit pricey.

Breakfast is served 6-10 during the week and 7-11 on Saturday, Sunday, and holidays. You could warm up a breakfast sandwich (sausage biscuit/bacon, egg, & cheese biscuit), get yogurt, waffles, bagels, muffins, toast, or fruit. We got there about 9AM only to find out they only had 2 apples left in the fruit bowl. Drink selections included coffee, water, apple juice, and orange juice. You can get larger cups by the coffee makers as compared to the tiny cups for juice. There was hot water available with tea packets but no hot chocolate packets.

This location is beside Bass Pro Shops (neat to go in), Shell Gas station, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel, Chop House (pricey restaurant), and a couple of family/kid candy type stores. It is convenient to get on/off the interstate and you do not hear the traffic. It is within minutes of Sevierville and there is a brand new Food City grocery store not far from the hotel in case you need anything.

The quality of service and comfort of the rooms keep us coming back. Upon checkout, we had no issues and it was quick. I would recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodak
Hampton Inn & Suites Sevierville @ Stadium Drive
Clarion Inn Willow River
Clarion Inn Willow River
#4 of 20 in Sevierville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Sevierville Kodak? Share your experiences!