“A very nice hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sevierville Kodak
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My wife and I like to stop here for the night as we head for or return from our vactaion at the beach. We’ve stayed at this location 3-4 times. The hotel is very clean, nicely furnished and looks to be new. The staff are very courteous and accommodating. The room are very nice with new furniture and comfortable beds. My wife is very picky about cleanliness and gave the room high marks for how clean it was. As far as clean and comfortable rooms, this is one of my wife’s favorites hotels. The hotel's location is walking distance to a large Bass Pro Shop; and convenient to I-40, as well as the road that takes you into Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElCid83

Reviewed June 3, 2011

We were impressed. The hotel was very clean, comfortable and fresh smelling. Bill checked us in and he was friendly, professional and helpful. Didn't catch the name of the lady who checked us out, but she was also friendly and professional. The room was standard Fairfield Inn decor, bedding, but had a flat screen TV. No microwave or refrigerator (apparently they are only in suites). Breakfast was also standard Fairfield Inn fare, with Jimmy Dean bacon/egg/cheese sandwiches, ham/egg/cheese quiches, grapefruit cups, waffle maker, breads and fruit. What sets this property apart is that it is clean and has a comfortable, upgraded appearance.

The hotel is located right off I-40. We needed a place right by the freeway, so this place served us well. However, despite being listed as Sevierville, the hotel is still 10 miles from downtown Sevierville and even further to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. So, if your primary destination is the resort areas of Sevierville/Pigeon forge, you still have a little drive to go. Shuttle/public transportation may be an option as we saw a Dollywood shuttle parked in front of the hotel on the morning of check out.

Didn't use the pool, but the hot tub is open 24 hrs a day. Parking is plentiful in front of the hotel and there are high quality restaurant choices within walking distance. We ate dinner at the Chop House (see separate review) and it was delicious.

BTW, its pronounced "SEVERE-vul" not "SEE-VER-ville"

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adventuretravelernc
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Just stayed here for two nights while in the area. Although Sevierville/Kodak was not my destination, I chose this hotel because it was the closest option for me to stay and earn Marriott Rewards Points.

Arrived and was quickly checked in by a very friendly desk agent. She told me that I had been upgraded to an "Executive Suite" from a regular king room. She asked if I needed any information on the local area, and then I went to the room. Room was spacious with two flat screen tvs, sofa with pull out bed, small desk, as well as king size bed in sleeping area. Very nicely decorated...felt new, clean, and modern. Definitely one of the "newer" Fairfield Inns. Bathroom was large and clean also.

Hotel had an indoor pool, fitness center, and whirlpool/hot tub. The pool appeared to be a little on the small side, and was normally full in the evenings when I would walk by. I think a lot of families were here when I was...this definitely seems to be more of a leisure destination than a business destination. The pool closed each night at 11, but the gym and whirlpool were open 24 hours. The gym was just about what you would expect...small, but very adequate for this hotel. Did not have a chance to check out the whirlpool.

Hotel had complimentary wireless internet...and it was one of the fastest connections I've had at any hotel...nice touch. The location was convenient...right next to I-40...Knoxville, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Morristown, and Gatlinburg are all within a quick drive. Right across from the hotel is a Bass Pro Shop and numerous other shops/restaurants. So the local dining options were much better here than you'd expect at the standard Fairfield Inn just off the interstate.

If I ever need to come back to this area of Tennessee, this will absolutely be my choice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BlueDart404
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Clean hotel, very accomodating staff, good location, terrible beds, and freezing pool. Told manager about pool temp and she said that was the way it was supposed to be. Next day pool closed for repairs, but was allowed to go to Holiday Inn next door (same owner) to swim. We particularly stayed for the pool, so we were very disappointed. Every time I saw the night manager she was either eating or smoking outdoors.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank fshwmn
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel was nice and the staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel is nice enough. New, clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Had the fitness center to myself each morning.

Our King Room wasn't real big. Shower pipe had been ripped out of the wall.

No real problems, but I can't give 5 stars.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WanderingYank
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Best Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed in. Modern decor, very nice rooms with separate, large upscale bathroom. Flat screen TVs. Beds clean and comfortable. Modern AC controlled with thermostat on wall.

Great location just off I40, Bass Pro Shop next door.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodak
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville
Hampton Inn & Suites Sevierville @ Stadium Drive
Comfort Suites Kodak
Comfort Suites Kodak
#6 of 10 in Kodak
Best Western Sevierville/Kodak Inn
Quality Inn Interstate
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Sevierville Kodak? Share your experiences!