“The place to stay in Knoxville!”
Review of The Oliver Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Oliver Hotel
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Location, service, rooms, lobby...this is the place to stay in Knoxville! Came for the location (one block off Market square). Will be back for the service. Cool decor (check out the library/lounge), also, and good sized rooms. Didn't get to check out the restaurant, although I did look at the cookbook (award winning).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Oliver made my wedding weekend! It was a great way to show off Knoxville to out of town guests. It couldn't have been better!! Will definitely stay again!! Such a unique hotel and the atmosphere of Market Square is great. We were able to walk to local resturants and bars, and the hotel staff was extrememly accomodating!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We felt like we were the priority guests in the entire hotel. VIP service all the way and the rooms were spot on. We were part of a wedding party, all from out of town and there was no better way for us to feel special then to get the first class service we did at the Oliver. If you want to show your out of town guest how much you appriciate them traveling all that way to see you, have them stay at the Oliver.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face Market Square IF you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Why can't all hotels be like this one? Everything about this hotel was lovely - the service, the rooms, the location, the attached restaurant. I especially appreciated the lovely bathrooms. I didn't try the bar, but it looked fabulous - if you are in Knoxville, you simply must stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank luellemelb
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Oliver multiple times for work and it is always a great place. The location is fantastic and the overall feeling of the space is just what I need after a long-day @ work. The last time I stayed, I left something in my room. Not only did the hotel find it, they shipped it back to me without any hassle or charge. They didn't need to go out of their way to do this and it highlights why I believe that the Oliver is the best hotel in Knoxville hands-down. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking market square.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Too bad I only got to stay for one night. Great location, nice, quiet and clean hotel with great non-chain vibe. Library-bar is a gem. You have to try their special bourbon-based cocktails.
Clean rooms, attentive personnel and convenient location in addition to reasonable rates makes it truly excellent value

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Oliver over Labor Day Weekend and found it very pleasant. We went for 1 night as a get-away.

Pros-
Excellent Location. The farmer's market on Saturday is top-notch. I couldn't get over how nice it was. Market Square has some really cute shops and a lot of options for food. We got there, parked, and didn't need our car until we left.

Nice staff. Really, everyone was so friendly and helpful. From the phone call from the car to help us get there to check-out. They were great.

Clean and Cute. The bed was comfy, the sheets were clean, there were no stray hairs in the bathtub. I can't say enough.

Con-
Well, I almost took a star off of the rating for the extremely thin walls. One of our reasons for getting away for the night was just to sleep. We have a one-year-old and a 4-year-old. It was the first time we had been away from both of them together in over a year. The toddler doesn't sleep well, so this was our big chance to re-fuel.

That was not to be, however, because the couple next to us didn't care if the whole floor was disturbed all night long. I can't fault the hotel for this, necessarily, but I do think hotels should do more with insulation of walls. I mean, it was just obnoxious and rude. For them to be so loud to keep us up well past 3am was just ridiculous. It almost ruined the whole trip. We were getting dressed at 2:30am debating whether to just go on home at that point. We decided that it would be dangerous to drive so sleep, so we stayed.

So the hotel can't control the rude behavior of guests, but it would be nice if walls between rooms weren't paper thin with no hope of blocking this kind of noise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple