“Charming and historic hotel with comfortable rooms in the heart of downtown.”
Review of The Oliver Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Oliver Hotel
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Delray Beach, Florida
“Charming and historic hotel with comfortable rooms in the heart of downtown.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I loved The Oliver. Beyond the historic building, it has a lively speakeasy bar, a delicious cafe, and modern rooms that are amazingly quiet considering its downtown location. The beds are comfortable; the staff helpful and accommodating. I would definitely recommend a stay.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the Oliver while on business in May. I wish that I had stayed here during all of my trips to Knoxville. The staff are very helpful & friendly & the rooms are beautiful & spacious. I had a suite that could easily accommodate two adults/two children if needed. The bed was very comfortable & the room was clean. The room service is provided by Tupelo Honey Café which is fabulous! If you are going to Knoxville, book early as this is a smaller boutique hotel & so worth adding into your trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, KY
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Knoxville was a halfway point for a weekend visit with an old friend so we booked The Oliver and hoped for the best. Wow! we were delighted, even more so because we were able to park our cars on Friday afternoon and leave them until Sunday. The room was great, the staff friendly and the location perfect! Friday night we enjoyed fun and music on Market Square and Saturday it was filled with a fabulous farmer's market until 2:00 PM. The square is ringed with small shops, restaurants and bars and one street away is a movie theater. The hotel staff gave us a great restaurant suggestion. We're planning to make this an annual event, thanks to the Oliver!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at the Oliver on two separate occasions as a solo traveler. It's located in a charming, old part of Knoxville with plenty of restaurants, shops and bars around. The decor is tasteful and both my rooms were spacious. Staff was attentive. I had trouble with the AC in my room during my second visit and someone came up right away to help. He quickly transferred me to another room when the problem couldn't be fixed. The hotel's bar is a trendy hangout with terrific cocktails. If you like boutique hotels this is the place to stay in Knoxville.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that overlook the neighboring roof. Ugly view and noisy, too.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back! The location is very convenient to restaurants and shopping. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautifully decorated and quite spacious. I love that the shutters open and close for more or less privacy and security.

• Stayed July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the Oliver with my girlfriends for my 30 year high school reunion. We had an amazing time at the Oliver. Very comfortable and quiet rooms. The staff was a delight and the location was amazing right on Market square. The hotel has a speak easy and adjoins one of the best breakfast/lunch spots I have been to. Saturday morning was the Farmer's Market on the square which was wonderful. I have not had such an enjoyable stay at such a quaint hotel in years. You guys have gotten it right!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Knoxville
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I came here for our anniversary trip. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The hotel lobby is steps away from several restaurants and shops on Market Square. The room was clean and much larger than we thought it would be because we got an upgrade. Bathrooms were updated and very nice. The view from our window was the air conditioning unit on the roof which was not great to look at but I can't really complain because it is a smaller hotel in the middle of a city. The "speakeasy" bar downstairs was very unique and fun too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple