This hotel was remodeled ~1 year before our stay, and overall it is well on its way to be a great hotel.
1. The rooms are comfortable. Simple decorations with wood furniture and a few local prints on the wall. Very modern yet locally-inspired feel.
2. The lobby and lobby bar are very attractive. The decor is similar to the rooms with more vintage Southern flair.
3. The location is awesome.
4. The service is very friendly.
5. The price is very reasonable. We also received a free upgrade from a king room to a king suite.
Not as positive:
1. Our room only had one small window and the A/C didn't seem to cool the room effectively. This seems to be a design issue. In the larger room of our suite, there was only a small vent (about the size of a bathroom vent). The window issue seems to be a function of the hotel's age, but our room had only one small (~3 ft x ~4ft) window that look out onto the roof of the adjacent building. We saw two rooms and both only had this view.
2. No room service yet. They are putting in a restaurant downstairs called Tupelo Honey, but it looks to be a ways away. Not a concern if you're ok with walking around the corner to one of the many restaurants on the block.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Knoxville just steps away from the hustle and bustle of Market Square, The Oliver Hotel is an original expression of the city. Originally built in 1876 as the Peter Kern Bakery, the building had hosted everything from the Kern's candy counter and soda fountain to a drugstore, and dancing hall. In 2011, the property was renovated into what is now Knoxville's best boutique hotel with a style that plays tribute to the buildings history, while offering guests rooms with charm, sophistication, and modern amenities. The property features the Peter Kern Library Bar, a craft cocktail lounge; Tupelo Honey Cafe, an award winning restaurant; and Oliver Royale Restaurant, featuring a chef driven menu and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Oliver Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel St Oliver