“Charming place”
Review of The Oliver Hotel

The Oliver Hotel
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The staff is friendly and helped us find local places to eat. The room was nice, clean and fresh. It's a beautiful charming hotel no room service, but many options available within walking distance. It's also a great location in the middle of downtown. Not cheap but worth the extra money if you want a restful night in a nice location.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Local residents looking for a weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary...we love coming downtown and spending the evening on Market Square, thought this would be a great mini "staycation" spot. Definitely fulfilled all our expectations - this is a hidden gem of a hotel, very nicely updated and a unique place to stay in downtown Knoxville. Our room overlooked Market Square, we could hear the musicians and actors performing Shakespeare as part of the Square's "First Friday" events. Hotel manager Dann Black was great - even greeted us by name when we came downstairs in the morning. The room was great - very comfortable bed, nice flatscreen TV, loved the giant walk-in shower. Check out Cafe 4 directly across Market Square - great food, great atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was one of the nicest hotels I have seen. The beds were extremely comfortable and the decor was really beautiful. The location was amazing since the Knoxville walking plaza (called "Market Square") is literally 10 steps from the hotel door. The room was super deluxe but the rate ($120/night) was super low! I can't wait to go back to Knoxville and this hotel (my only choice from now on). They were amazing for my 5 year old too...we had originally booked a room with one queen bed but when the people at the front desk noticed that I had my son with me they upgraded us to a room with two queen beds for the same price! (My son also had a great time with the direct TV (a billion channels))

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

very friendly hotel staff, that were very helpful. Rooms are nice with flat screens and actually had a really cool thick sliding door for the bathroom. The accommodations were nice and location was good as it is located right on a square with several restaurants. My only complaint about the hotel as it had no workout facilities, not even one treadmill and some weights, though apparently they have an agreement with the local Y if you want to go there. It was just one thing I would have liked easy access to as I was on the road for business. Also it is priced great, I think i paid right around $100, great value.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I travel every week for business and have visited the University of Tennessee many times for meetings. I have stayed in all the downtown hotels and in my opinion the Oliver Hotel is the best. It is in the best location on market square, walking to all the restaurants is very nice. The staff and Dann are so friendly and remember you by name with a great welcome in the morning and evening. The beds are great and the showers/bathrooms are very modern with great products. The hotel appears to have recently opened or gone through a major renovation, they did a fantastic job of creating a trendy boutique type environment. Take my advice, stay here when traveling to Knoxville.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
theoliverhotel, General Manager at The Oliver Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Thank you! We really enjoyed having you with us! And I am sure we will see you on your next visit! Thank you Mr Orlando bubbie!

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip and really liked it. They have done a great job renovating and i know they still have some things to work out. There was no hot water in the shower and the phone didnt work, but i really enjoyed my stay. It is so much better than a chain hotel and the location is great for dining and people watching on the strip.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The Oliver Hotel is a welcome addition to downtown Knoxville, which has several chain hotels but not -- until now -- a good boutique hotel. The Oliver just opened in June and is still working out a few "kinks," but we enjoyed our 4-night stay. Located in a historic building but with a thoroughly modern interior, the Oliver is on Market Square and just a couple of blocks from Gay Street, so downtown Knoxville's shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions are within easy walking distance. It's a great change from the Hampton Inn, Marriott, and other chains that previously have been the only options in downtown Knoxville.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family