“Ok for quick overnight stay”

Super 8 Knoxville Downtown Area
Ranked #71 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I was looking for a lower cost motel for an overnight stay in Knoxville and decided to go for something a lot cheaper than I normally stay in. It's very plain, which you expect for the low price, but it was clean and it had good wifi which I really need. Overall I would say that it works for this purpose.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sputnik54

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I had stayed previously in a Super 8 motel in Kalamazoo, Michigan and vowed to never stay in one again because it was so horrible....but I stayed in the Knoxville Super 8 and was pleasantly surprise. It was very clean. The clerk was very nice. The room was very comfortable. I must say that the bed was very hard and the towels in the bathroom were damp... but otherwise it was a great passing through hotel as I was traveling back to Michigan from Disney World.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We booked online and the online travel sites list the address as 503, which is incorrect! We eventually found the place but for someone traveling from out of state you would like to have the right address. Overall the room were musty inside and it came with breakfast which was good. Price online we got was great. :P

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was in Knoxville for a friend's frisbee tournament. I did not choose this hotel - this was the one chosen by the team in order to save money. At $39 a night, it was a good deal since we weren't looking for anything fancy.
I booked a room online for my friend and I. Booking online was quick and easy. Everything went smoothly when I checked in. The room was probably the smallest hotel room I have ever been in, and the beds were not very comfortable. However, I knew that this was about what I could expect for the price I paid. The TV worked fine and there was free internet which worked fine also.
My friend and I did have a problem with the tub backing up when the shower was running. I went to the front desk and told them about the problem. The girl at the front immediately came to the room to help. She was friendly and resolved the problem quickly.
I wouldn't stay in this hotel long term or if I was on a vacation, but it was fine for a two night stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2010

It was a cheap hotel. The room was tolerably clean. It did have a damp musty smell to it. They appeared to be remodelling but it looks as if it is being done very cheaply. It is right off the exit though and was fine for the night. I know that it is really hard to complain about a free breakfast but, we have stayed at a few other super 8s and this one was VERY minimal so don't get too excited about the breakfast in the morning. I wouldn't want to stay there more than a night unless I was really in a bind.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My wife and I had to go to Knoxville for a doctor's visit so we took a chance and reserved this hotel. The most recent review was many years back and the hotel has been renovated since then so I thought we would check it out and cancel if it was a true dump. The rate was very good and when we got there it seemed to be okay so we decided to stay.

Check in was fast with no problems. We got there around 12:30 that day and was able to go ahead and get our room. The room we had was okay. It had ample space. The bathroom was a little small but for the price we could live with it. There was only one small sink with hardly no counter space. The shower was a narrow walk-in shower and had only one small soap tray so there was no room for your other shower items (like shampoo, etc.). We ended up having to sit those at the bottom of the shower. Probably my biggest complaint but again for the price we could live with it.

The water pressure was great and the hot water was "scalding" at times so had to be careful to not turn it up too high. We never had a problem getting hot water at any time.

Room was clean...it's nothing fancy but we didn't feel "icky" like some places we have been before. We had a king-size bed that slept okay. We also had a sofa in the room, desk, large TV and a nice size micro-fridge. There was not a microwave (which I missed) and the bathroom did not have a hair-dryer so be sure to carry one if you stay here.

The AC unit worked fine and we ended up cutting it off at times because it cooled so well. The temperature was running near 90 so having a good working AC was a plus.

The Wireless Internet did not work well but I think after all was said and done it was my computer. I would connect to the router fine but the internet was very spotty. I ended up using my cell phone internet because it was better. On the last day I rebooted my computer and the hotel's wireless internet worked fine and fast. So that leads me to believe it was my work computer causing the problems and if I had rebooted sooner it would have been fine.

This hotel does not have a pool. They did having a working ice machine. They have a continental breakfast that consisted of cereal, milk, coffee, juice, danishes, bagels, and toast. It was not as much as some hotels but again for the price it was decent enough.

TV had most of your regular cable channels as well as several local channels.

The eating area was a nice size even though I did not eat there but brought breakfast back to our room.

We needed to extend our stay to two nights and the lady at the front-desk did this quickly with no problems. She was quite nice.

There was limited vending. They had sodas and some snacks but not that many choices and there was no bottled water. The good thing was this hotel was right near many convenience stores and restaurants (all within walking distance). Across the street was a Baskin Robins, Outback, McDonalds, and there were others within a block. It was a good location and right off the interstate so getting to and from places was easy.

It was not crowded during our stay. There was ample parking and we had no major disturbances. It worked well for us and we were able to get ample rest. We have to go back to Knoxville for future doctor visits so we plan on staying here again as long as the price stays low.

If you need something cheap and decent then I would recommend this Super 8. If you are looking for longer-term stay or need a pool then probably go with something else.

Check out was fast and everything worked to our satisfaction.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

A stopover on our way to South Carolina, we booked this hotel for $35 on Priceline.
Definitely an economy hotel but had all the basics ..even a refrig and micro.
Not bad for Memorial day weekend .. beds were not real comfortable but did the job.
Not much on breakfast items but really did not expect much so not really disappointed.
Good location right off Interstate 75. Host was very friendly and after we remembered we had left cell phone and glasses in room . they retrieved them and held for us.
Would stay again but only if a good price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple