“You get what you pay for”
Review of Inn of Knoxville

Inn of Knoxville
Inn of Knoxville
Ranked #83 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Tennesse
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed December 27, 2006

This hotel is immediately off the exit and is under $40 a night. I booked it using the Red Carpet Inn website 1-800# and was given a king on the ground floor and the girl that made my reservation boasted about there being a restaurant on-site. When I got there the guy behind the counter did not have my reservation and had no idea what I was talking about. I did get a king, it had a tv with cable, and even had a refrigerator. Because I needed to stay as close to this area as I could I did not leave the minute I walked in the door; that was my fault. I would just like to make sure no one else makes my mistake. The room smelled moldy. The pillows and bed sheets had dark stains on them. The sink and toilet had not been cleaned--or so they appeared since they had hairs on and in them. There was a dirty boot mark on the floor in the bathroom. The towels and wash clothes were stained as well. The greatest thing about it was the shower curtain had obviously been used as a drop cloth and then re-hung after the paint had dried. And it was very obvious that the painting had not been done in that room. I stayed out of necessity, next time I will pay the extra money and drive the extra miles. The least of my concerns may be an issue with someone else though; the on-site restaurant was not open and I actually believe that they were working on it, so who knows when it would be open.

• Liked — Before I walked in: price and location
  • Disliked — After I walked in: EVERYTHING
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't Stay Here!!!!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank rdnamoose

Business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed November 8, 2005

This is the most disgusting, sorry excuse for a hotel I have ever been to. If you are thinking about staying here, run away and don't look back!! There was blood splattered all over the bed (see attached picture!), cobwebs everywhere, the towels were completely stained, grime in the tub.... I could go on and on. Just say no.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank fittoac
Martin, GA
Reviewed October 8, 2005

It was horrible. The motel is run down. When I asked the obnoxious guy at the front desk -if the property was safe he told me if I didn't feel safe to leave and if I didn't like it there I should go somewhere else! I was exhausted and it was late but in retrospect I should have taken his advise and RAN! The rooms were dirty and smelled nasty - gum was ground into the carpet, holes in the wall, gross sink and bathroom, dirty towels and a TV with no sound control! All in all it is NOT a bargain - don't stay there.

• Stayed October 2004