“Save Your Money-Stay with a Relative!!”

Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Save Your Money-Stay with a Relative!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Thought we got a great deal on room through bidding ($90 inc. taxes) but were wrong once we checked in.

Pros: *Within walking distance of restaurants & shopping
*Gym was huge & very nice, indoor pool was decent

Cons: *Non-smoking floor smelled heavily of smoke (5th floor)
*Dirty hallways & rooms (beer bottle in hallway for entire stay, garlic dipping sauce cup in our desk drawer)
*Serious lack of housekeeping (only made our bed, never replaced dirty glasses or cleaned bathroom)
*Dirty furnishings (lamps apparently had never been dusted, lipstick on comforter, hair in shower)
*"The Library", their version of a bar-we couldn't have gotten drunk here if we wanted to. The service was very slow!!

I should have listened to what the other reviews said but thought we'd take a chance...Never Again!! We had several other relatives that stayed here & we all agreed. I would rather have slept across the street in market square with the bums...at least the air would have been fresher!

• Liked — Across from market square...good restaurants & shopping
  • Disliked — The dirty hotel rooms & halls
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loritanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Austin
Reviewed July 15, 2008

The hotel is centrally located, though, until I-40 is repaired, sometimes difficult to access. Large clean rooms with free wireless, average ammenities, friendly helpful staff. The backside is prone to more noise from railroad and traffic. The three nights we were there there were a lot of army privates about to ship out, so there was noise until early morning. Slow elevator, some repairs needed in the room. About twelve miles from the airport. Parking under the building and was free on weekends. Overall I was happy with this hotel and recommend it to you.

• Liked — large clean rooms, wireless
  • Disliked — outside noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed June 27, 2008

Looks just like the pitcures. We were down for the Honda Hoot. We spent 3 night here. Underground parking. Food, bar all right there. You can walk across the street to other places. We walked down to old city and had dinner one night. Also to world fair area.
Rooms were comfortabel and clean. Would stay again!

• Liked — location. easy to get to everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Nashville
Reviewed June 10, 2008

I stayed at the Crown Plaza for two nights over Thanksgiving. The staff was friendly and the price was right. There was a nice old bar and plenty of dark wood through out the public spaces. My nest trip to Knoxville will find me at the Crown Plaza.

• Liked — Great room, bar, breakfest
  • Disliked — I disliked nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We traveled to Knoxville this past weekend for a quick weekend trip, We checked in around 2pm and found our room ready which was nice since I'm pretty sure that check in starts at 3pm. Jessica at the front desk was exceptional and by far the best we dealt with during our stay!! She even threw in a couple of drink tickets for us for the hotel bar.
We booked an executive king room and hoped for smoking but the hotel was booked so no big deal.

Great view. If you book this hotel as for a view of market square such a great choice!!

The room was on the 12th floor and required a key card to get access to the floor. When you get off the elevator there is a great work station with everything you can need while in town a must if you are traveling for work (which we weren't but we know where we will stay if we have to be there for business).

Our room 1203 was close to the elevator but no noise problem once in the room.

Good size bathroom with hairdryer and basic shampoos etc. The room itself felt extremely roomy. Great bed...so wonderful to sleep in. Huge plazma on the wall and a full size mirror which is always nice in a hotel. Desk and full reclining chair added to the roomy feel.
For the rest of the hotel:

Nice bar very cozy and small which was nice not your normal bar feel more of a study/bar feel with comfy chairs and tables placed around the room.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant which I recommend. The buffet was good with the normal fruit or cereal, bagels, and hot food consisted of french toast, pancakes, biscuits and gravy (a little thick for hubby's taste), eggs, bacon etc. good food (very slow service so make sure you aren't rushed). Coffee was great (starbucks brand which is also located in the rooms). We also ordered room service for dinner which was prompt and hot (something I rarely find). Prices were in line with other hotels and not over priced at all.

Conceirge was nice enough to call us a cab but there is also a trolley stop in front of the hotel make sure to check schedule/time running as well as the route and you will be fine. A quick walk through the breezeway of TVA gets you to Market Square or Downtown.

All in all we would absolutely stay at this hotel again. Staff was great, room was wonderful and the Executive floor a must.

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Knoxville on a business trip three times in Feb/March. Basically an ok hotel. I'm not sure what other reviewers are talking about there being a charge for internet access. It was free and fast in the room. The beds were very comfortable and you get a sleep package (CD, ear plugs, and linen spray) in the room. On my last stay, the 80's era TV was replaced with a new flat screen, very nice. The room service menu is surprising good and the prices aren't too outragous.

On the negative side, the hotel is dated. The furniture in the rooms is old (except the beds) and the room with two doubles is very cramped. The bathroom is small. I liked that the tub/shower is one piece plastic so there was no mildew issues. The rooms are basically clean, but carpet needs to be replaced. Wear your socks (although I do in any hotel).

Service is good, especially room service and bar/coffee shop staff. I did have an issue where my boss booked our rooms for our second week. He didnt realize that Monday was a bank holiday and I didn't arrive until Tuesday. His credit card was charged a no show fee even though I had stayed the previous week, the hotel was a prefered property for our client, and I am a priority club member. The front warned of the charge when I checked in, but said that they could not remove it, we had to talk to the manager. After repeated messages for the manager (who was never available) my boss was still charged. It was finally resolved after multiple calls, but we were very disappointed that the front desk could not handle a simple matter.

• Liked — Beds, Room Service, 11th Floor "quiet zone"
  • Disliked — Dated rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2008

I recently had family emergency in Knoxville and had to stay overnight on short notice. Found the Crown Plaza thinking I should be able to expect a quality nights rest.
When I checked in, I told them I did not know how long I would be (aprox.1-3 nights), the desk clerk told me they were very full and I could have a room choice of the top floor executive room, or a smoking room with king bed. I opted for the exec. for the additional $35.The room was very nice, and a comfortable bed.however the only computer access was additional money.
First thing the next morning I phoned the front dest to let them know I needed to stay an additional night, and was informed by a different clerk I would have to move to another room, the room I was in had been reserved prior to my checking in, and the only thing available was smoking. I did not want to move to another hotel for only 1-2 more nights so I said ok.Well as soon as the elevator doors opened you could smell it. , stale old cigarettes.When the door to the room itself openedOMG, I could hardly breathe. Since I had been at the hospital all day, I figured all I had to do was fall on the bed and go to sleep. Wrong again, the bed in this room was so diffrent from the other one. It slept like a 15yr old motel six bed. My back ached for a week, woke up could hardly breathe because of the smells. Room next door had dogs(yep, they barked too ). I checked out that morning and checked in to the Hampton Inn 3 blocks away and was blown away. The service, the room and the bed were better than the Crown Plaza executive suite!!! The staff was exceptionaly friendly and free computers with internet, even a free breakfast!!
Yep and $80. cheaper.
Take my advise don't stay at the Knoxville Crown Plaza hotel if you can help it.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business