Crowne Plaza Knoxville Downtown University
$87
Country Inn
$144
  • Pool
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$72
$99
$129
$116
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$89
$76
Hotels.com
All reviewsmarket squaregreat locationgay streetnice hotelroom serviceunderground parkingbreakfast buffetper daycovered parkingwithin walking distancethin wallsrestaurants and barsfitness centerwalk in showernight's sleepself parkingwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I came here on a trip while my sister was doing her UT Knoxville stuff. I was surprise by how nice the place is. The room was clean. I like how the housekeeping manager knock on my room asking if the room is great. The staff was great. Frank was helpful and great to talk too. Katie was also helpful. My only real complaint was the TV. Maintenance guy came to my room to twist the wire in, but I had to twist it in every so often the whole night to get a signal. The next day, the other maintenance guy came and loosen the wire to fix it. Same problem occur the next day. Why couldn't they just replace the wire like I wanted. The problem still occur but I didn't mind since I wasn't there to watch TV all day. Overall the hotel was great and I will return. I wont be asking for the same room # again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jlouang
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville Downtown University, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but apologize for the TV cable problem. We are searching for a cable that will rotate with the TV to eliminate the problem.l

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

There was not a site for the restaurant itself. Fridays only is the Prime Rib and Seafood buffet. Where shall I begin...steamed crab legs, oysters on the half shell, oysters rockefeller..these r large not chincy by any means, large shrimp cocktail as well aas fried, smoked salmon, plus other hots dishes, sushi, prime rib, fresh pasta station thy cook to order full salad bar and dessert bar. Too many items to mention. Avg price $30 pp worth every penny! The dining area is formal llike the hotel however you can be dressed up or have on shorts and sandels. The way I see it if you hve $30 bucks for a awesome meal who cares how people dress..they are enjoyiing fine dining in their comfort level. Service was excellent. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank luv2havefuntoo

I'm so happy that you enjoyed our Friday Night Prime Rib and Seafood Buffet. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel and staff was great. Our room was very clean and remodeled. The staff was very courteous. I really appreciated that they allowed pets for a modest fee.There were many restaurants that were nearby, some of which were open very late. The location although in a downtown setting was quiet and no street noise was audible in the guestrooms. They have the best fitness center that I have ever seen - it was two stories.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SassyCat91

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel as well as downtown Knoxville. I hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza the night of June 1st. I previously had been staying at a newly built Hampton Inn Turkey Creek in Farragut. The Crowne Plaza was actually less expensive than the Hampton Inn. Crowne is easy walking distance to many bars and restaurants downtown. The rooms are very clean and nice. Not extremely spacious, but not cramped.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Joe A
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville Downtown University, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for giving the Crowne Plaza a try on your recent stay in Knoxville. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. The room was spacious, clean, and featured much-appreciated amenities for relaxation and a good night's sleep. The staff in the restaurant and room service were friendly and punctual. The hotel features the best gym I've ever seen on my travels. Located in the center of downtown Knoxville, I was close to shopping and entertainment. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Great views of downtown in odd-numbered rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sara S

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them along to the staff. I appreciate that you chose the Crowne Plaza Knoxville.