“Terrific weekend!”

Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is excellent. We were in Knoxville for a weekend conference in late April. The rooms were clean and well-appointed. The breakfast buffet is good. The exercise facility is outstanding. I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice comments. I'm pleased you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Knoxville and hope you will return.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Knoxville

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The staff is very friendly and the area around the hotel is beautiful. The lobby is very nice with nice dark wood. The rooms are spacious and the tile work in the bathrooms are a bonus. The beds are very comfortable. Drawbacks are dated carpet and wall coverings, closets, air conditioners, slow elevators, and a horribly small parking garage. The meeting spaces were very nice but the rooms need some updating.

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your business.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Upon arrival they only offered us a double bed or a smoking king room (who still offers double beds and smoking rooms anymore?). The room felt like a room in my grandmothers home - in fact, the entire hotel is beyond outdated. We checked out 10 minutes after checking in and not only did they not even bother trying to keep my business, they also charged a $10 early checkout fee (for what, I am not sure). I will NOT be back here and would recommend Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn as low spend alternates or The Oliver, where we ended up staying as the best all around option.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank liz p

I am sorry you were dissapointed.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 days in April. From the moment we got out of the car to the time we left, there was always someone to greet us or help in any way. The valet was prompt and courteous. Brennan, the front desk representative was pleasant and knowledgeable about the area. He gave us map which he marked up for us and answered all our questions. The room was very clean- thank you, Ta keela (I am soooo sorry if I got name wrong- did not write it down). Lovelle, the night shift front desk person was also very helpful. When it came time to leave, Robert - with a smile- helped us with luggage and brought our car to us. The whole experience was great, and we look forward to staying at your hotel again. I am sorry if I spelled names wrong and missed anyone. Thanks again!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level that faces the Market Square.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I'm pleased that you enjoued your stay and look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great location, easy walk to nearby restaurants, bars and shopping. Ate lunch here once and it was good and not over priced for a hotel. Room was clean and comfortable, bathroom small but nicely done for the size. Staff very nice and welcoming. Was a little disappointed that the breakfast buffet only went until 10:00 a.m. and fresh coffee was hard to come by at certain times of the day, but would certainly stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I appreciate your thoughts as well and will discuss them with the staff.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I usually look for hotels in the Hilton family when I travel so that I can earn Hilton Honors points. On this particular business trip, there were no rooms to be found at the state rate in or around Knoxville, so a co-worker recommended the Crowne Plaza. Overall, I was very impressed with this property. The hotel is easy to access off of I-40, and is within walking distance of Market Square and several restaurants.

My room was clean and comfortable, and the staff members I encountered were friendly and accommodating. Unlike the downtown Hilton where I usually stay on business trips to Knoxville, the garage at the Crowne Plaza has a direct direction to the guest lobby and is easy to navigate.

I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant. A buffet is offered but I ordered an omelet off the menu. The food was excellent and my server was very attentive.

I would not hesitate to book this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I,m glad you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your business and hope you will choose us again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, classy, underground parking for $8 per day, free WiFi, nice view, close to TVA, Univ of Tennessee, and many good restaurants in the plaza. Be aware that the 6th floor is a smoking floor that stinks very bad. When the hotel is full, this might be your only choice. They said it was not bad, but it is very bad. Fire engine sirens and train whistles can be loud.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. You will be pleased to know that effective June 1st the Crowne Plaza will be completely smoke free.