“Good hotel”

Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I spent two nights at the Crowne Plaza Knoxville for a convention at UT. The best aspect of this hotel is definitely its proximity to everything. Lots of wonderful restaurants and shops nearby, and the university is about a mile away. The property, itself, was nice and employees were very friendly. The rooms are quite small, but clean and nicely decorated. I loved that our room had a Keurig and great coffee/tea options, unlike so many hotels which offer bland coffee to guests. It was an unexpected treat. The solo complaint I have about this hotel is its THIN walls. I could hear everything going on in the rooms on either side of me. It was completely tolerable until 11 p.m., when I had to get some rest for an early morning meeting. Other colleagues also had the same issue in their rooms on other floors. Parking was $8/night. When we were in town there were plenty of spaces, though it was not a game weekend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Well, it's was okay as it was close to everything and the staff was so helpful. However, there are challenges, outdated decor in some rooms,lack luster cleaning( I found the longest brown hair in my bed AFTER I woke up- I have black hair) and most importantly the TV reception was nonexistent. I was given the story about Comcast and them switching over and that basically it wasn't gonna get any better. Period. Wow. Glad I wasn't in room that much due to work.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were pleased with our stay all around. Easy access from the freeway, easy check in . Our room was clean and welcoming. We arrived just in time for Prime rib and seafood buffet. Awesome food. We slept like a baby in the comfy bed and enjoyed our free breakfast buffet. We will be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A nice place to stay and eat. Small rooms, but comfortable. We were staying with a Nascar package and it was a good time. Parking indoor lot kinda was no good if you have a large vehicle. Vending machines on a few floors weren't working, other than that everything was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for a recent football weekend. The best part about his hotel is it's location. We were able to walk to Old City, Gay Street and Market Square, all in less than 5 minutes. Got to the hotel a bit early for check-in but surprisingly they had our rooms ready for us. The rooms were very nice, had a large desk with a big picture window which brighten up the room. The beds were comfy though they seemed to be doubles and not queens which kind of surprised me. The tv's need to be upgraded as they are not HD which I kind of expected from a hotel of this caliber. My favorite feature of the room was the shower, it was risen and made of tile and felt very spacious. The corner sink with 2 mirrors was a bit weird (especially when you're trying to shave). The best part about the room is that it smelled clean and freshing. The one downside to the floor we were on (10th) was that you had to go up or down one flight of stairs to access an ice maker, not a huge deal but worth mentioning. We visited the restaurant on the 2nd floor both day we were there for breakfast. The buffett price you really can't beat when you factor in the ala carte prices. The food was pretty good though I was shocked at how quiet the restaurant was for breakfast on this weekend. One negative I noticed was the amount of younger people (college aged kids) staying at the hotel. The room rate for the weekend we stayed was quite pricey so I'm not sure how college aged kids were staying there. They didn't cause havoc by any means but we did get to see a girl taken away on a stretcher after we got back from the game for what I can only assume was alcohol poisioning. Overall, this was a great hotel and I look forward to staying here again based on the location and cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Very nice hotel in downtown area. Very close to the Old City, Gay Street and Market Square areas. Beautifully decorated. Nice rooms, friendly staff. I always stay here or at The Hilton when I am in Knoxville.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and had a great time. The hotel was very clean, the rooms very comfortable with a spectacular view. The treatment of employees was excellent. I recommend it to anyone visiting Knoxville.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business