“Regular Customers, we stay here twice a year”
Review of Knoxville Marriott

Knoxville Marriott
Ranked #40 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Montgomery, Alabama
“Regular Customers, we stay here twice a year”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We have family in the Knoxville area, so when we visit twice a year we stay at the Knoxville Marriott. We like it because of the convenient location (you can hop right on the Interstate and go to the Smokeys or Gatlinburg). We also enjoy that it is an upscale type of hotel, with a very fancy lobby and free coffee in the morning. It used to have a lot more free amenities (such as free wireless internet in the lobby, and a Concierge Lounge on the 11th floor for people who were in the Marriott Rewards Club), but they have recently scaled back on all of the nice extras, and sadly it is now just a room to sleep in.

The rooms themselves are nice but nothing special. Although we stay here frequently, and have for years, every time we check in we have to remind them to bring a rollaway bed for our child (even though we reserve one online every time). We frequently get put in the wrong kind of room, near stairwells where it is loud, and have to correct it with the front desk. The rooms are reasonably clean, but it's an older hotel and suffers from just being old. The pool is supposed to be heated and available year round, but it's not. It's only open in the Summer, which is annoying. The staff is friendly, but most of the employees seem quite young, new, and frequently confused.

Despite all this, we chose the Marriott because it is the best choice we have found over the years (and we have tried several other upscale hotels in the area). Also, if you are government or military they have an excellent low rate.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
seattle
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed here for a few nights for business and it was a great hotel. The staff was friendly, the room appeared clean, and I have no complaints about them or the service. After returning home, a week later little bites appeared on my arm and neck and after doing some research and going to the doctor, it was most likely from bed bugs. I then recalled seeing on the second bed in the room a small brown bug crawling on the bedskirt that i didn't think anything of at the time but after doing some research, it was in fact a bed bug. I called the hotel a few weeks later to tell them about this and said it was most likely from their hotel although there was a small chance it was from a hotel I stayed at the night before that in another state - however, after looking at pictures of bed bugs, it definitely was a bed bug I saw crawling on the bed. My coworkers did not have any problems in their rooms, so I would suggest just checking your room before settling in to make sure there are no bugs there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank alohaseattle
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is a great place to have a wedding event. Staff was fantastic! Went over and above whatever was asked...Highly recommend this hotel as well. Even for a get away. Parking is free close to the city. Within walking distance of riverwalk.
I'am going back there again larbor day weekend. Just love this place. Best staff to work with. This is the best Marriott I have ever been too. Great service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Arlene04
Orange, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This is the only hotel that I have stayed at that did not have Free WiFi, there was no mini frig or microwave although they did have a mini coffee pot, coffee, sugar, and cream but no stirer and when I asked she they did not even have any. Also there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom which made the room steamy hot everytime we took a shower. The restaurant is to over priced with no kids menu. I would not stay here again. As I said the Comfort Inn has better rooms at $79 per night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank irisheyes04
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have on week of vacation so I am tagging along with my husband on his buisness trip. His company made arrangements for him to stay at the Marriott in Knoxville. The exterior looks awful. I stepped into the hotel and I can smell a musky scent possibly smoke and old worn carpet. Room #834 looked like it needed to be gutted out and remodeled and updated. Everything in this hotel is an additional expense (internet even if used in the buisness center). I also found a dead bug on the bed and when I advised the front desk the maintenance man came in and said it was sand. I know sand does not have legs. My husband did not want to move for the night so now I have to sleep as best as I can. I cannot wait to leave tomorrow. Downstairs it seems nice especially the bathrooms but the Marriott does no justice for the upkeep in the bedrooms. The lamp has a plug outlet and it is broken. I will need to buy some lysol tomorrow:(((((((

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Stayed 3 nights with a great rate. If you are Marriott Platinum they comp the high speed internet. Food was tasty. I spoke with the front desk staff 3 times and they were extremely friendly and helpful.

Marriott beds and pillows are wonderful as well. Got an outside room based on other reviews. This property is 40 years old, unique architecture.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I just returned from a conference which was held at this hotel. I had absolutely no problems while staying there. The staff could not have been nicer, and the room was lovely. I had a room looking into the Tennessee River, and it was most pleasant. ( I understand some rooms look into the hotel itself, and that might be unpleasant). The last morning of my stay I ate in the restaurant, and had the biggest and best omelet I have ever had in my life!
Anyway, I just need to say that I don't know where the other reviewers are coming from. There is NOTHING wrong with this hotel, and I would stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business