“Sleepless in Knoxville TN”
Review of Knoxville Marriott

Knoxville Marriott
Ranked #43 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Sleepless in Knoxville TN”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have on week of vacation so I am tagging along with my husband on his buisness trip. His company made arrangements for him to stay at the Marriott in Knoxville. The exterior looks awful. I stepped into the hotel and I can smell a musky scent possibly smoke and old worn carpet. Room #834 looked like it needed to be gutted out and remodeled and updated. Everything in this hotel is an additional expense (internet even if used in the buisness center). I also found a dead bug on the bed and when I advised the front desk the maintenance man came in and said it was sand. I know sand does not have legs. My husband did not want to move for the night so now I have to sleep as best as I can. I cannot wait to leave tomorrow. Downstairs it seems nice especially the bathrooms but the Marriott does no justice for the upkeep in the bedrooms. The lamp has a plug outlet and it is broken. I will need to buy some lysol tomorrow:(((((((

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Turkish first
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Stayed 3 nights with a great rate. If you are Marriott Platinum they comp the high speed internet. Food was tasty. I spoke with the front desk staff 3 times and they were extremely friendly and helpful.

Marriott beds and pillows are wonderful as well. Got an outside room based on other reviews. This property is 40 years old, unique architecture.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I just returned from a conference which was held at this hotel. I had absolutely no problems while staying there. The staff could not have been nicer, and the room was lovely. I had a room looking into the Tennessee River, and it was most pleasant. ( I understand some rooms look into the hotel itself, and that might be unpleasant). The last morning of my stay I ate in the restaurant, and had the biggest and best omelet I have ever had in my life!
Anyway, I just need to say that I don't know where the other reviewers are coming from. There is NOTHING wrong with this hotel, and I would stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
atlanta
Reviewed January 26, 2010

The asking price--> 170/night is not worth it. I travel at least 3-4days a week and this is
by far the worst full service marriott in terms of overall quality and appearance. They've
spent little to no money remodeling.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Stayed at the Marriott Knoxville for a football game at the end of September. Let me first say that the hotel is in a good spot if you are interested in being in fairly easy walking distance from the stadium. Separate from that, I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

First problem is the parking situation is very confusing. Being from out-of-town, we wanted to simply valet our car, unload our overnight bags and enjoy our stay. We pulled into the hotel entrance only to find out that THEY DO NOT HAVE VALET PARKING and we would have to find our own parking spot. While there are parking lots and a parking garage at the hotel for easy access, it is not self-explanatory especially for the out-of-town traveler. I was SHOCKED to find out that a Marriott hotel does not have valet parking!

The hotel is a pyramid-style with the atrium in the middle. If you do choose to stay at this hotel, make sure to request a room facing the outside, or you will not be able to sleep. You can hear everything, down to a spoon being dropped on the floor, and we were all the way on the 8th floor.

The hotel staff was also not very helpful. A wedding party was in the atrium at 1:30 AM shouting and singing songs-- very loud. We called the front desk to tell them to quiet down as it had been going on for over 30 minutes. I'm not sure if they just didn't do anything about it, but the singing and shouting went on for about another 30 minutes before the group finally quieted down. The loudness coupled with the atrium effect did not bode well for the overnight guest who actually wanted to get some sleep.

Overall, this was hands-down the worst Marriott experience I have ever had. Have stayed in many Marriotts nationwide and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Although the location was ideal for attending an event at the Civic Center, our two night stay at the Marriott was less than satisfying. We asked for a quite room and were given a room on the 8th floor overlooking the lobby. You could hear everything from screaming children to the clank of dishes from the restaurant. At our request, they moved us to another room (unfortunately, all the rooms enter onto the lobby, but the rooms without windows that overlook the lobby are much quieter). The bed wasn't as comfy as I've come to expect from Marriott - but the bottom sheet was there for looks, as it certainly didn't cover the mattress. We asked twice for this to be addressed, but it never was. The restaurant had a very limited menu. We went to the bar for an appetizer and a drink. It took us forever to get waited on, and then we were told since we were ordering food, it would be quicker for us to go to the restaurant. We waited several minutes at the restaurant to be seated, and it took a server so long to get to us that we had to leave before ordering to make the show on time. Although my husband and I are frequent travelers to Knoxville, I can assure you, this hotel will not get our business again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Knoxville
Reviewed October 15, 2009

My husband is a Gold Marriott Member and had received a certificate for a free room. So we decided to book a room at the Knoxville Marriott and try to get tickets for the Auburn/TN game. We kind of expected an old room, boy were we surprised ! We had a room on the 9th floor, balcony overlooking the Worlds Fair Site. The room was HUGE ! It including a living room/dining area, walk in closet, couch and chairs, two televisions, very very comfortable bed, and a refrigerator/sink. JUST AMAZING. They had a huge BIG screen tv in the lobby with the game on and a huge buffet. You can walk across the street and for $5 a person ride the bus to the game. Riding back............um WOW, what a line. So, we walked it. It was a beautiful night, so all was good. We felt safe and so very very impressed with the staff ! Thanks so very much Marriott ! Unfortunately, our Vols lost, but how about them VOLS beating the Georgia Bulldogs !

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business