“Can't wait to return to Knoxville and stay here”
Review of Knoxville Marriott

Knoxville Marriott
Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Fairmont, WV
“Can't wait to return to Knoxville and stay here”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel is awe-inspiring as one drives up--what a building! The staff members were very helpful, friendly and professional. The hotel is very clean and well-maintained--inside and out.
Our room was inviting, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zebra71

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Russellville, AR
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I liked the set up and enjoyed the restaurant. Room was quite and very clean. Glad I had reservations on hand for they were quite booked due to an event at the University of Tenn. I was there to visit a daughter,

Room Tip: Make your reservations ahead of arrival.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed a week at the Marriott Knoxville as part of a huge event at the University of Tennessee. I was part of a big group and I have to say that as a whole, the hotel met our needs and was a nice and comfortable place to stay. Nice grounds, beautiful hotel, no complaints.

The only inconvenience was that they advertise free wifi in the lobby (I won't dwell on the fact that I feel internet should be free for all guests anywhere in the hotel), but I was never able to connect there. I was told that sometimes with an ipad you have to dim the brightness to make the connection easier, but I did that and no avail, and I brought my laptop downstairs and still had no luck. I was not expecting to be without wifi for the week. Of course I survived, but having that convenience would have gone a long way.

Staff was always pleasant and helpful, and I definitely would not let my wifi complaints keep me from staying again. I just thought it worth mentioning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This is an old atrium style hotel. I usually hate these types of hotels cause the noise from the lobby just infiltrates your room. But some of the rooms were actually above the atrium and away from the noise! What a neat setup! Big, wide open, inviting lobby and I love that! The hotel lounge was a standard lounge and the service was good. I do however think all hotels should carry an assortment of local beers. I love to try new stuff. So this was disappointing but not unusual. The room was very clean and mostly updated. The wallpaper was def. interesting to see but was in good shape and no complaints!

We ate in The restaurant for breakfast, was greeted but a very nice host with a "fun" accent and taken to a table. The server was polite and prompt. One downfall for platinum members, they do charge you $3 per person to have the full buffet or you can choose to just have the continental breakfast for free. Marriott PLEASE PLEASE change your breakfast policy for platinum members! Hilton really is 3 steps ahead of you in the department for their diamond members. Anyway, Marriott always finds the happiest people to man the omelet station and this was not exception. They also make some pretty good omelets!

Very nice stay are would stay here again in a heartbeat. One and only downfall, the location. Not really an ideal location but just a 15-20 min walk to downtown or a short cab ride.

if your going to Knoxville and stay here, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room above the atrium!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I am a constant user of the Marriott chain of great places to . I also have a 1942 Ford Pick Up Truck that was a U.S. Navy truck in World War 2 that I have taken 6 years to restore into a Street Rod that I take to car and truck shows all over the U.S. I drove from the west coast of Florida to Knoxville,Tenn to show my 1942 Street Rod at the National Street Rod Show in Knoxville and I stayed at the Marriott in Knoxville on to see that all the staff that I met was there just to make sure that my stay was great!!! The food and nite time bar was excellent and they gave the NSRA members a discounted rate. The area was beautiful and the restaurants and local clubs were outstanding as are the local golf courses

Room Tip: When you check into a great hotel always think positive and ask for what you want with a smile and y...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mortyy
Georgia
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were there for a hotrod show and nothing goes better than hotrods, good hotel, and good people running it.Good people like Janey Sanders. When I checked in I asked for a different room the the one she had for me. She said hold on. She came back and said here is your room. Janey Is there to make your stay good and it shows. The rooms are big and clean. The beds arecomfortable. You can eat, drink, and be merry in a big open lobby. With a parking lot full of hotrod, you need good people out side, looking out for your cars. The gards were the best. They are all ways letting you know that they want you there and that they want you to come back.We are there every year, and i will be back.

Room Tip: Talk to Janey Sanders
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband is a platinum member at Marriott, and we have stayed at their properties all over the world. This one was average for the brand, but better than many other hotels at which we've stayed. This hotel is within view and walking distance of two small strip shopping centers, which include a couple of restaurants.
I was surprised that there was no one at the desk when we arrived and no one when we were ready to check out. There was no bell to ring or any way to summon or notify the front desk attendant that we were there, so we just had to wait for someone to show up.

Room Tip: Hotel is not right on the main street so noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple