“Friendly staff, clean and comfortable beds”
Review of Knoxville Marriott

Knoxville Marriott
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Florence, Alabama
“Friendly staff, clean and comfortable beds”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have stayed here several times, most recently for several days in April. The rooms are always very clean and the staff is always very friendly. The atrium rooms are a little strangle with a front and a back door and the only window opens where people walking by can see in. Not a problem for me but some might not like it. The food was great and the breakfast room service was always right on time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Check in was quick and easy, and staff was very polite and friendly yet efficient. Waitstaff in the lounge and restaurant were also very attentive. I had to lecture in one of the rooms, and the AV person was great! The workout rooms had great views, too. The only things keeping it from 5 stars for me were: limited lunch selections with no where else nearby, nowhere to plug your phone in near the bedside tables, and no free WIFI. I don't know why Marriott's persist in trying to charge guests for WiFi, it's annoying!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine A
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Well Marriott is Marriott, the hotel's good, service is good, stuff is friendly. But there's one weird thing - they have rooms with windows looking to the inside hall of the hotel! Like on a cruise liner if you have ever been on it. And that's a big mistake - I couldn't open the window the whole week.
One more thing - terribly law speed of Internet connection. Cable is very slow, wi-fi doesn't work at all ("inside view" room on the 6th floor).
That's the problems I've noticed, all other amenities and services are perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KMarriott, Manager at Knoxville Marriott, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback! I apologize you didn't like the view from your room and that you had trouble with the internet. It has been addressed with our Engineering team. Please feel free to contact us directly if you'll be in Knoxville again, and we'll be sure to place you in a room with an outside view. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Was in town for a training so I decided to stay at the Marriott because I like the brand. The service is 5 stars and everyone me met at the hotel was great. It's really time to update this hotel. You can tell it is really old and it shows. At least update the furniture on the rooms if you can't afford a really make over. The lobby looked great but that was about all for the make over and the flat screens in the room.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KMarriott, Manager at Knoxville Marriott, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. We really appreciate your positive comments about the service! We apologize that you weren't satisfied with the condition of the hotel. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and are looking forward to some updates. Guest satisfaction is our top priority here in Knoxville, and thank you again for your feedback. Best wishes to you, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came to town from NY to visit our dear friend and had to change flights and with delays we arrived at hotel around 3am. So as you can imagine what could have been an easy 4hr trip turned into almost 10 hours and we were extremely tired upon arrival.

When checking in I noticed they had the atrium set up for a convention/breakfast so I requested a quite floor. We ended up with a room facing the atrium and just as predicted, the minute my head hit the pillow heard carts up and down the atrium. The worse part is I go the bathroom to take a shower and the towels had red stains in them.

My husband and I are very travelled and have stayed at many hotels, you will think after going over our frustration with our flights and requesting a quite floor this will be honored. We even asked their room occupancy and they were about 80% full...its now 7:30am and I'm ready to check out!!

Hotel has potential but front desk staff need to listen to their guest request especially something so simple.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KMarriott, Front Office Manager at Knoxville Marriott, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. We apologize that we did not live up to your standards---or ours---, and the issues you experienced have been addressed with the appropriate departments. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and we truly value your loyalty to Marriott. We strive to honor room requests whenever possible and hope you'll give us another chance in the future. Thank you again for staying with us!

Travelers are raving about these Knoxville hotels

Atlanta
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This hotel has so many really good things going for it. With a little effort, it could be great. Despite this, I can recommend staying here wholeheartedly.

Let's start with the good: The staff is awesome. Checking in late at night couldn't have been easier. The clerk was so warm, but still very efficient. In no time, I was to the room. In the morning, the concierge lounge attendants were incredible. It's rare to actually have service in a concierge lounge, yet they were constantly clearing plate, refilling things and asking if there was anything guests wanted. It's a large lounge and there seemed to be more breakfast choices than at most other concierge lounges. My feather free room request was handled correctly, which is always appreciated, but especially so when, like this night, I'm checking in after midnight.

The "depends on your point of view" points: The hotel lobby is very seventies. I remember when that style was contemporary. It's clean and comfortable. The furniture is in good condition. But it is definitely dated.

The "needs work" category: The rooms need to be refreshed. The wallpaper is pulling away from the walls in some places. There are two electrical plugs at the desk, both in the lamp. The nightstands do not have easily accessible plugs, nor are there any around the room that aren't blocked by furniture. It's 2014! Travelers have multiple computers, phones, tablets, Bluetooth devices, headsets, etc., that need to be charged. Many of us use our phones as alarm clocks, which is hard when you cannot charge the phone on the nightstand. It's time to update.

Despite this, I would still recommend the hotel. A good staff with a great attitude trumps all else when it comes to a hotel. Heck, a cave with a good staff would be better than a top luxury hotel with a staff that couldn't care less. This hotel reminds me of a visit to grandma's house: warm cookies, very comfortable, but the place is a little dated.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CJKatl
Decatur, GA
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I loved this hotel's architecture so much, I wanted to cry. It didn't matter to me that the hotel has a worn out feel to it - I would stay here again for sure. Okay, so the toilet is positioned in the oddest way, causing you to have to reach behind you for the toilet paper, the thermostat is blocked by a floor lamp, there are wires galore next to the bed and under the desk, internet access is not included, breakfast is not included and is CRAZY expensive in their onsite restaurant, and there is nary a restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. So what? The majesty of the inner atrium and glass elevators erased every negative, including the two sourpusses behind the counter. Other reviews rave about the service, but I must have caught the staff on a bad day.

Room Tip: There are rooms with an outside view, and rooms that face the lobby's atrium. It's weird, in...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KMarriott, Director of Sales at Knoxville Marriott, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feed back regarding your stay with us. Understanding that you were not happy with your recent stay, we extend to you, our sincerest apologies, as ensuring our guest's satisfaction and comfort is our first priority.

The issues you experienced, have been addressed and communicated with our Department leaders, to ensure that our product and service we deliver to our guests is done so flawlessly and with our guest's comfort and convenience in mind.

We do pride ourselves on our service, and hope that we will have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a BRILLIANT experience.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we wish you safe and pleasant travels.