“Excellent Staff”
Review of Knoxville Marriott

Knoxville Marriott
Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed March 11, 2014

While this hotel is not in the immediate downtown area (but within 2 miles), the staff more than made up for the location. Upon checking in, I was updated to a larger room with a balcony. Emily at the front desk provided arrangement for breakfast and was helpful with all questions. At breakfast Madesh (may be off on spelling) and the man making omelets(03/09/14) were extremely accommodating and a pleasure to speak with. I throughly enjoyed my one night stay.

While decor is not super modern, room was very clean and sufficiently appointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice. It's in a convenient location. The staff is very good. The lobby bar is nice. The rooms are very clean and nice with comfortable beds, nice bedding. Room service is very decent and prompt.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I loved this hotel. The lobby is beautiful and the staff was very friendly. They even let us check in about 4 hours early as we were in town for a dance competition and had quite a bit of luggage. There is a restaurant on site but it is pricey if you are on a budget. The rooms were nice and comfy. I had booked a two double bed room but since none were ready when we got there they brought up a roll away which was just as comfy. The only drawback was that the parking garage was tight and a little confusing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a nice hotel - you get the basic hotel features, the employees are super friendly and will go out of their way to help. If you don't see something on the menu just ask and they will try to help in any way they can. We were here for the week on a conference and the only complaint was that the hotel was cold. The rooms we're fine with the individual heating, but the doors and windows let in lots of cold air. Sit away from the windows in the bar or you will be cold. Food is good, service is fantastic.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stopped here due to snow and freezing weather. It turned out to be a very nice overnight. As always, the staff are excellent and very helpful. They have a lively cocktail lounge and the restaurant. It was a plus there were no parking charges.

This was a good stay and I enjoyed the rooms and the full service of a well managed hotel.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors for view and quiet. The desk clerk suggested I have a room overlooking the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I knew going in that the property was built 40ish years ago by a different hotel chain. It was a signature and innovative design of its day. Today it is a well maintained example of that design. New hotels just don't have the vib of this type of Grand open concourse design. OK enough of that. The real jewels of this hotel is the staff. It is clear to me that The GM, understands customer service and empowers her staff to carry her vision out to there team members who interact with the guests. Not one time did I have contact with a staff member that they were not pleasant, helpful and committed to the best guest experience. I also know this is a franchise, Marriott, take notice, there are lessons to be learned from this property that could be taken back to your company owned hotels. This is one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The hotel is 40 plus tears old, sure their are always little things that could be better, but this staff had taken a Grand Hotel and made it a GREAT place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I think the staff at the Knoxville Marriott ranks up there among some of the friendliest and most helpful that I've ever encountered. I enjoyed my room--beautiful view of the river and mountains. It seemed very clean. I did find a long hair on the fitted sheet--I suspect it was the housekeeper's. I used the other bed--it was immaculate. I had an adjoining room to strangers, and found that I could hear every conversation that they had. I have had that problem with nearly every adjoining room that I've ever had (many other hotels). They did not really disturb me--I just now know way too much personal information about them than they (or I) would desire!

I attended a banquet buffet downstairs, and overall, the food was excellent. The only problem that I encountered was a piece of plastic wrapping inside of a blueberry tart. The iced tea glasses are permanently stained and appear dirty--would probably be good to run them through a bleach load periodically. Everything else was lovely.

Room Tip: Grab a high floor on the river side so you can have a lovely view of the mountains! I stayed on the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business