“Favorite Marriott”
Review of Knoxville Marriott

Knoxville Marriott
Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is my fourth stay at this particular Marriott. I am a silver rewards member and requested an upgrade to the concierge level. We were actually out of the room during the concierge hours so I can't review that. What I can review is the fact that our every need was met. Even down to them bringing us a fan to block noise. (We always sleep with a fan) We enjoyed breakfast one morning of our stay and I was literally amazed at the outstanding service. They treated our children as if they were royalty. The three gentlemen that tended to us were the most pleasant and helpful I've ever encountered at a hotel restaurant. Everyone from the front desk assistant, to the bell hop....exceeded my expectations. The room and bathroom were very clean. I will agree that the room isn't modernized like some other hotels, but it's classic marriott. I would like to see a reimage of some sort. As well as some tlc to the outside of the building. We travel to sevier county, tn several times per year. And I've now vowed that we will always stay at the Knoxville Marriott and drive the extra few minutes. You guys are the best!

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The check in was fast and efficient. Our room was clean as expected. The view of the river was really nice. It must have been prom season because there were lots of teens about, but the noise was non-existent inside the room. I needed extra pillows and the front desk had them up to us within 10 minutes of my request. In the morning my husband drank so much coffee he needed extra and again the front desk was really quick with getting our item up to us. We just love Marriott and have learned our lesson when we don't just go straight there. You feel like you're at home, only better.

Room Tip: Get a river view if possible, it's so pretty.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday when the hotel was almost empty. Since we are light sleepers, we requested a quiet room. We were informed that all rooms were such and they had upgraded us to a "suite." Turns out we were in an even numbered room that was directly over the expressway beneath.The second night, the room next door was occupied. People went in and out of that room all night, with the door slamming each time. Not a very good night's sleep! Even the plush mattress could not correct that! We suggest that if you stay there, request an isolated room on the west side. We complained about the noise levels to the staff and their response was they would add some bonus points to the account, which never materialized. We also had problems with the maid cleaning the room. This was the first time at any hotel stay that I have returned late at night after being gone all day that the room was not made-up. We were flabbergasted. The furniture in the room was very dated. The hotel is very big with the rooms laid out in a very long hallway. Elevators are located on each end, but if you have any limited mobility, be sure to ask how close the room is located to an elevator.
The concierge lounge was very interesting. With a very light occupancy, the staff maintained a full supply of food each day, with a few unusual appetizers, such as grilled portabella mushrooms and eggplant. As a footnote, the Marriott senior rate for this room was higher than the regular rate for our specific nights.

Room Tip: Choose odd numbered rooms for quietness.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

That I simply don't understand is the placement of the toilet in the bathroom (see picture). There is clearly room for it to be on the wall, between the counter & bathtub (behind the door), yet it literally sticks out in the middle of the room as well as takes up counter space. In all the hotels I've been in, this one has to take the cake as the biggest head scratcher! As others have noted, this is an older property (if you've ever been to the ATL Airport Marriott, this one is the same style), however, it seemed to be in pretty good shade overall. Absolutely no complaints about the bed-very hard to get out of in the morning as I was sleeping so good! Concierge lounge on the 11th floor quite large & well stocked, both morning & evenings (though I, personally, liked the cookies @ the PHL Ren better). My only issue w/this lounge is that there is no access to it outside of its posted hours-again, unlike the PHL Ren which operates on an honor system for drinks during off hours & since I arrived during off hours, this was a bit annoying. Since we were there during the week before Christmas, the hotel's occupancy was way down yet they kept both restaurants open, which was nice, if not a bit surprising. There is not much in the way of stores or restaurants locally to the hotel-the closest is a Ruths Chris Steakhouse at the bottom of one of the many, many, many hills in Knoxville, but I suspect only the heartiest souls will be able to manage the walk; everything else will be a cab ride away, if you don't have a rental car. Will definitely return in January.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
KMarriott, Manager at Knoxville Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you for your feed back during your recent stay with us! We sincerely appreciate taking time to provide us with your experience, as it encourages us to enhance our level of service and products offered to our guests. Our hope is that your travels will always be BRILLIANT, and we hope that your next visit to Knoxville will allow us to service you once again and provide you more options in which to enjoy our city with comfort and convenience!

Knoxville Marriott Management

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I tend to like Marriott's usually...This one was old and needed some modernization . The room was ok. The rooms are not very sound proof, we could here all the noise from the room next door. What was worst was all noise from the bar and hallways at 1:00 am. The hotel suited the purpose for us to stay for a football game... But they should just rebuild it! The set up does work real well!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I remember when this hotel was new and in many ways, it's still part of the Knoxville skyline and memorable. The place was built several years ago and shows some wear in the layout, but overall everything is well kept and spacious. Upon arrival, our concierge on the phone was more than pleasant and the staff was helpful in every way.

The rooms were well kept and comfortable and had nice views of the river and Knoxville skyline. We enjoyed our stay and the breakfast the next morning was equally pleasant. All in all - a great place to stay on a short visit in Knoxville.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a very nice well maintained hotel that overlooks the river and is right next door to an old trading post/ fort type of museum you can walk to. This hotel excels in customer service. There is no microwave in the rooms but when I needed one, the staff had one delivered and hooked up in just 10 minutes or so.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business