“Terrible representation of the brand”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Knoxville Marriott

Knoxville Marriott
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Michigan
“Terrible representation of the brand”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I completed a survey form earlier today for my stay, and I indicated: this is the worst Marriott I've ever stayed at. My opinion stands.

This property, according to an Internet search, was built in 1972. While it has been updated... It feels every bit that old. The rooms are poorly sound insulated with heavy traffic sounds from a road system that is not that busy. I could hear non-stop dripping noises. It got so bad over night I took a walk... Found a bucket on the floor above me in the center of the hall capturing water. Very classy.

The room furnishings were generally up to date but in poor condition. The room was clean but could have been cleaner. There was also a smell in the room and in some of the halls.

Staffing will generally rule the day and stay at a hotel for me. The checkin experience was negative with a relatively rude person. The bar staff later at night were generally not very concerned about customers, their personal conversations appeared much more important. On a positive note, the front desk staff at night were better when approached for a map and directions, they represented the brand well.

I wish I had spent another night at the Hilton instead of moving. There was an event at the Hilton that would have put me in a different room type... Something I didn't want to do... It would have been a much better choice though.

One final positive... Free parking, not much of a trade off.

Room Tip: Get a high room... Nice city or river views (depending on side of room).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jra3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a night to attend a UT graduation. Every employee was very pleasant & attentive from the man sweeping the entrance to the bar manager who personally brought a beer to my husband at the cafe before the bar was officially opened for the day. We had a room with a view of the river , which was unexpected but appreciated since our room was a Marriott Rewards free night.

• Stayed May 2013
chattanooga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here for a UT Football game, and it was just excellent! Sorry to read about the other reviews about the other "issues". We had no such problems ,and just thought the staff was great and accommodating. We love the way they gear up for home games! Go Vols!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Marriott from the 18th of April till the 21st. We were treated outstanding by the staff. Stuart checked us in and our room was not ready but got us settled into the bar area and came and brought us our key cards when the room was done. We had a room on the 10th floor with a view of the river. Great room, great price. The only twocomplaints I would have is the Internet cost 12.95 a day and isn't that great and the bar prices are a little steep compared to the place on Market Square. I asked for the internet service for the time I was there and they comped it on my bill. If I was headed out to a UT game again I would stay again. Trolly picks up at the hotel and Market Square is within walking distance.. Fun time had by all.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

The room itself was nice but when we pulled back the curtains there was mold growing the window. The view of the river was beautiful and had a lovely concierge lounge. The exercise room was in great condition and I wish I had time to use it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shawnee, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

booked for one night stay on way through Knoxville. Very pleased with choice. River view from 10th floor was beautiful with view of river and sunrise over the Great Smokies. Concierge lounge was wonderful with good snacks in evening and breakfast in morning. Room was very clean and extremely comfortable. Staff was excellent and very helpful.

Room Tip: We really liked the high floor room on the river side of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Morristown, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked this room for a 1 night stay. We live 30 minutes outside if Knoxville but came to town for a concert & knew we wouldn't need to drive afterwards. The hotel was a little pricey at 119 + taxes but well worth it! Very clean! I mean ridiculously clean! Bravo to the cleaning staff! The rooms were large & not cramped. The bed was amazing! Wish I could pick the bed (fabulous pillows & all) up & transport it to my bedroom! Large flat screen tv & more toiletries than most hotels leave! This will definitely be our choice hotel for our future concert trips to Knoxville! Only thing the room didn't have was a mini fridge or microwave but we weren't in the room long enough to need them! Thanks for a fabulously clean room! That's the most important thing after all!

• Stayed April 2013