Knoxville Marriott
  • Breakfast included
The Oliver Hotel(Knoxville)
Executive Inn(Knoxville)
View Hotel
All reviewswomen's basketball hall of famethe concierge loungecivic centerstayed at the marriottriver viewfree trolleytennessee riverdowntown areabit datedan older hotelomeletnice staymarket squarestaff was friendlybeds were very comfortablelobbyconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel staff was very courteous, accommodating and professional!! The hotel property is dated and in desperate need of a remodel! The room was clean but felt more like a "motel" than a Marriott. The hotel is close to the downtown area and convenient parking. Again the staff was amazing, but would most likely not stay at this property unless it has been remodeled.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed there one night. I'm Marriot Elite and coudn't get a room with an outside window. OK so be it. I left something behind when I checked out. My fault. Later that day I called and gal took my name and number promised a return phone call. 24 hours later, no call so I call back. Same promise. No phone calls returned. Can't believe a Marriot named property doesn't return calls to guests. (But a positive comment on Allison who was a very nice server at the bar, that's why a 3 instead of 2).

Room Tip: Request outside facing room so you get daylight.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

it'd be that I could work at a Marriott whenever I'm on the road! We checked into the Knoxville Marriott the night before we were to work a full-day program in the ballroom. From the moment we opened the car doors until the moment we drove away, the service was over the top. These people really know how to run a hospitable hotel and a top-notch banquet service. Jimmy, who worked the front desk ... Sherry, the banquet manager ... Jake the AV whiz ... Vinny, who kept attendees in fresh water while fielding our requests for help ... they all strived hard to be sure that we and our meeting attendees were well taken care of. We spent $20 more per night than we spent at the tired, underserved Chattanooga Choo Choo the night before ... and $120 LESS per night [yes, you read that right] than we spent at the Johnson City Holiday Inn the next night ... and the quality of service, facilities, and accommodations ran circles around both of those other locations. The bed had those wonderfully crisp, high-thread-count cotton sheets, a down comforter, billowy pillows ... a great night's sleep! We're told that this was a Hyatt for many years. I don't know how long Marriott has owned it, but if you're looking for a great room, four-star service, and a reasonable price, check out this Marriott in downtown Knoxville.

Room Tip: We stayed on the river side and had a great view.
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a very clean and comfortable hotel. Don't let the facade, which is quite dated, scare you away from this hotel. It was very nice and the rooms were updated. I would stay again. It is located downtown right next to the river. The location is good, but there is not much around there at night. Certainly nothing within walking distance. Overall, this was a great value for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Knoxville Marriott in February 2013. We travel a lot and stay at lots of Marriott properties. This property is an older property. The public spaces have been updated nicely. The rooms are just ok and are in need of a little bit of a facelift. They have the basics and are clean but are not up to the standards of many of the Marriott properties that we stay in. I would not let the older rooms scare you away -- they are nice and they are clean. The staff at this hotel is superb! They went out of their way to help at every turn! The staff in the cafe breakfast area was very friendly and tended to our every need. The front desk personnel was also helpful and friendly. We visited the bar area late one night (after food hours) and the staff was happy to make quesadillas for us! I found the experience at this hotel to be very enjoyable. This location is downtown Knoxville but it is really not within walking distance to most of the sights. There is, however, a trolley that will come and get you and take you downtown!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 9th floor... the rooms were oversized up there!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple