“Average stay”

Knoxville Marriott
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
“Average stay”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Overall, pretty good stay. Family just stayed one night. Lobby is updated and very nice, hallways and rooms show age but were extremely clean. The staff was exceptional; to a person they were extremely professional, friendly, and went out of their way to help us. Trolley to downtown was nice but stopped service at 10 pm so we had to taxi back to the hotel. We only had breakfast buffet at the restaurant and I think was overpriced for what was included with average quality food. If not for the staff experience, I would have rated hotel lower for the price paid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Older hotel with small rooms. Wifi is 12$ where it is free at other establishments. The hotel staff was very friendly the rooms where clean but unless I was going to the ladies basketball hall of fame or the Civic coliseum I would stay at the downtown Hilton. If you do stay here ask for a room with an outside view they have an enormous lobby that is very loud until late at night.

• Stayed January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was ok. We had a gymnastics meet in town. Now that I know the area, I would have stayed at Hilton or another hotel closer to the venue so we wouldn't have to drive and park.
It was quite pricey for what we got. Room wasn't all that fabulous. The food was expensive and greasy. Unfortuantely we had a neighbor who was not part of our team, who was LOUD until 3a.
So I didn't sleep well.
The kids loved running around the lobby and going up and down in the glass elevators.

Erwin, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I called the hotel directly to make my reservation. I talked to Leslie, and she assured me that everything I asked for was guaranteed upon arrival. Upon arrival I was told that I would have a King room - not a Double as requested. I was told that requests are not guaranteed, and this was the only room available. The young lady that checked me in told me she did not have any notes on the reservation concerning my food order, or my request to be on the outside hallway with balcony. Again, she said these are requests and nothing is guaranteed. She states she only sees I want a room with a fridge. I asked to be moved to a double room on the outside with balcony, she said there was nothing she could do. I had asked for these things when I made my reservation, and was told I could have these things. When I asked how do I guarantee for the next time, she said she has no idea how to do that. She was rude to me, and apparently did not know the hotels policies on how to guarantee my requests. I gave a credit card when I made the reservation, I thought that guaranteed my requests. I stay with this hotel several times throughout the hockey season, and have always had a pleasant experience. This time, was not the case. Since my husband and I had our son with us, we all had to sleep in a king bed, in a room with an inside corridor window. The hotel was full of kids in the lobby till well past midnight, and they were knocking on the inside window all throughout the night. We almost got up to leave. I saw a security guard walking around and I thought he would ask the kids or the kids parents to keep them quiet, but no such case. When we checked in around 5:30 after telling the desk clerk my issues, I decided to go up to the room to get ready for the game. At around 6:30 our food did arrive from the virtual concierge. Since the desk clerk offered me a pad and pencil to place another order, I assumed our order was lost. We had approximately 30min to have a snack before the game. The cheese was freezer burnt and hard, the ham and turkey was slimy, and the bread was hard as a rock. I had to call down to the desk to have them bring up the fridge, again. I put the rest of the old food in the fridge, and we went to the game. After the game it was after 10pm, and kids were still doing cartwheels in the lobby floor. Running around the halls and pushing the elevator buttons (all of them) so it took 10minutes for the elevator to reach us on the 8th floor (before and after the game) The floor of the lobby and elevator were filthy with food wrappers and water. I almost fell in the elevator and also the lobby floor from water. After a restless night of knocking on the window, and noise from the doors slamming, I went down to check out. I advised the clerk "Nick" about my issues, and told him all my problems with the clerk who checked me in, and he comped my room service and internet charges. He said next time to call the hotel directly to make the reservations. Well, this is what I did and I told him that. I told him my entire story, and he said he could do no more than that, and I left with a bad impression of this hotel. We stay at this hotel cause you can walk directly across to the hockey games, and love staying normally. This experience has made me think twice about staying again. If complaints are made at the time of the issue, and are not resolved, it makes the entire stay not enjoyable. The clerk who checked me in was there that morning, and she saw me and heard me talking about my issues, and I pointed her out. She walked behind a door and did not come out again. This is bad training and bad customer service. She should have owned the issues and resolved them and not said over and over again how "requests are noted but are not a guarantee" I just wanted someone to empathize with me and treat me with more respect and not just someone to scowl at and frown at. I hope this hotel can make this right, and make me want to stay again. As of right now it feels like customer service is not important and my issues are not important.

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed January 20, 2013

After reading other reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. All in all this is a very nice property. Visited for an overnight stay in Knoxville with my family of four. The outside of the building could use a little cleaning, but what matters most is what's on the inside.

The hotel lobby is quite grand. A bit dated, but large and really impressed my children. Although dated, was very clean and well kept. Check in went smoothly and the front desk staff were efficient and pleasant. The room was nicely appointed, although nothing special. It was very clean and updated with contemporary bed linens and accessories.

Had dinner in the lounge as the restaurant was closed. They were serving the full restaurant menu. The food was fresh, well prepared and quite tasty. I had a pan seared salmon and my wife had a chicken dish.

Room was quiet and comfortable. We had a very nice stay. WOuld definitely recommend this properyt for anyone staying in Knoxville.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the outer hall. The inner hall rooms have big glass windows facing the lobby.
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Marriott has been in its location on the east side of downtown Knoxville for some time. A few might find the look a bit dated but we still think the hotel's design retains a "wow" factor. The rooms are huge and well appointed; the hotel offers every possible amenity one would expect in a mid-sized city's upscale hotel; and the staff at the desk and in the restaurants was outstanding. We were there to attend events in the Civic Center and a footbridge leads right to that venue. Downtown is a brisk walk away and the free trolley goes right by the front door. We loved this hotel and you will too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had read some negative reviews about this hotel and were a little reluctant to book it. To our surprise those reviews were definitely not accurate. The hotel was beautiful, clean and well maintained. The lobby was gorgeous and lots of comfortable places to sit and relax. There was a flat screen TV in the room, which was contradictory to the reviews which stated the TV's were old fashion tube tv"s. We had to ask for a refrigerator and microwave which was not a problem. We also weren't charged for internet service in the room. (make sure you request no charge when you check in).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends