“Best Holiday Inn I ever been”

Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is the best Holiday Inn I ever been. Rooms are big and clean. Towels and linen are feel new, and I like it a lot. Customer service is just outstanding. We had a couple of extra requests during our 3 days stay, and everything was solved fast by hotel's staff. Hotel has a shuttle service and this allowed as not to rent a car in Knoxville. Restaurant and coffee / gift shot are very good too.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

"Best Holiday Inn" is a powerful statement. Thank you so much for that comment and your 5-Star review.

We take great pride in the quality of our amenities and the location right in downtown is second to none.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit to Knoxville.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Holiday Inn's have never been a fav of mine; but this property at the Knoxville Worlds Fair is a gem. My room was on the 7th floor and had a small view; but otherwise was a great place to stay. it was fresh and contemporary and well worth the $100 or so I paid per night. It is located in a good spot - near the downtown market center - a hidden oasis among all the high rises around it. A little eclectic, but some nice restaurants in a very peaceful setting. A fair amount of nice restaurants in the surrounding area and you don't need a car to get there - maybe 5-10 block at most for all of them.

Room Tip: I would try to get a room on the western side of the hotel as there is a nice park - part of the Wor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

We sincerely appreciate your 5-Star review.

As you have determined, the hotel offers different views and even some suites for larger parties or those who just want to spread out a little bit.

Location and service are two of the many things we feel make the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park stand out amongst the competition.

Should your travels bring you back to Knoxville in the future, it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Very nice hotel! Came to town for business and stayed for the weekend. My wife and I loved the room service and how close this great hotel is to Knoxville's awesome down town! You have to take a walk through the World's Fair Park and enjoy this lovely downtown.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barge06

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and for your 5-Star review.

Nothing pleases us more than when someone comes for business and decides they are having so much fun they stay for the weekend.

It is difficult to see everything you need to see in a single weekend so you will definitely have to come back to Holiday Inn World's Fair Park for a return visit. Please feel free to contact me directly for reservations.

Regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at this Holiday Inn in June for a wedding. Quick check-in by very friendly staff. Updated property includes a lot of "Green" amenities. Close to Market Square. Be sure to try Tupelo Honey. And take in a view from the Sun Sphere. The head of Windows on the Park restaurant accommodated us by extending the restaurant hours by at least an hour being our family from Florida and Michigan were catching up. That meant a lot to all of us. Our servers for the two nights were Lexie and Benjamin and were top notch. Officer Gerlach patrolled the property later both evenings making us feel very safe. Wedding reception on location was excellent and the staff ended up being part of the party. Very nice to see everyone getting into the celebration. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. One of my favorite comments to read is about "friendly staff" because service these days is often so impersonalized. The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park is committed to "selling the experience."

It sounds like you were able to enjoy Windows on the Park for at least cocktails. Next time you will have to stay for dinner.

Should your travels bring you back to Knoxville in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for reservations. Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with others.

Regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This past weekend my husband & I decided to spontaneously stay overnight in Knoxville. We got on Priceline and opted for a last minute Express Deal for a 3-star+ hotel. For $79 pre-tax, we were placed at this Holiday Inn downtown. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was when we got there! It has fairly modern amenities and decor. Our room was very clean and comfortable. I also liked that this is location has Bath & Body Works complimentary toiletries.

The hotel is across the street from the convention center and only a few blocks to the popular Market Square. They had a complimentary shuttle to Market Square, too, which was a nice touch since we would have paid for a cab otherwise. I don't know what the standard hotel rate is for this property but we got a great deal and I would definitely stay there again if another good deal came along!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel W

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and your 5-Star review.

The hotel's location central to downtown, the Convention Center and the University of Tennessee is ideal. For some reason, it always feels a little sweeter when you get a great deal. Monitor IHG.com and third-party sites as we do offer deals and packages from time to time.

We hope your travels bring you back to Knoxville and Holiday Inn World's Fair Park soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We picked this hotel to stay overnight in as we were going to a country star's concert at the Tennessee Theater, several blocks away. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find a underground covered parking garage. This was great because it was pouring down raining when we arrived and also when we left the next morning. Our room was extremely comfortable and spacious. The entire staff from the front desk, to the housekeepers, to the waiters/waitresses in the restaurant were so friendly and out-going. Our waitress Diana, at the Windows Restaurant was very good. She had such a sweet smile that brightened up the rainy day. She helped us with suggestions from the menu. While waiting for our food to come, she came back to check on us and when she found out that we were from out of town and had traveled to Knoxville to see a country star's concert she started a conversation with us. You would never had known that it was her 1st week to be working there. She is a great asset to the restaurant and the hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel uses " green" equipment. This makes for a much more comfortable room. It does n...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your 5-Star review.

We make exemplary customer service the focus here at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. To that end, we often read feedback such as yours to the entire team as affirmation of a job well done. Your "friendliest staff ever" comment definitely started our week off on the right foot.

Should your travels bring you back to our area in the future we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

While attending a business conference I was faced with a prepared meal that looked delicious but was was not in my dietary guidelines. As I am allergic to gluten, I was unable to eat everything on my plate except asparagus. Shady noticed there was an issue and immediately apologized and offered to check with the chef for an alternative. He was able to have a fresh meal within my dietary guidelines in within 10mins! He checked several times with me throughout the 3 day conference to ensure that I was having a good experience. I have attended several conferences and have never experienced the level of service provided at this Holiday Inn. Shady, James, Amy, Varnell, Michell, Jerry and Jarquez all provided outstanding service. I definitely recommend this facility for a one night stay or a multiple day conference.

Room Tip: The view of Worlds Fair Park is beautiful
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to tell others of your experience at the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your conference experience. Despite all the advancements in technology, I still feel that personalized service is what makes the difference. I will be sure to pass along your gratitude to Shady and the rest of our fine team. They like nothing more than to read that they have made the difference.

Should your travels bring you to Knoxville in the future we look forward to welcoming you back.