“Great stay - Can't wait to come back”

Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, from the time I checked in until the time I checked out the staff was courteous, friendly and professional. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable, parking in the hotel garage is quick and easy (there is a charge, but it is minimal). The hotel is centrally located and I walked to UT, Market Square and the downtown area, Worlds Fair park is right next door and a beautiful place to go for a morning run. The breakfast buffet was great, with anything you could want, can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike P
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us.

Our central location is convenient to just about everything in downtown Knoxville but as you so aptly pointed out it is our service that truly makes the difference. I guess a good run and a filling breakfast doesn't hurt either.

We hope to see you again on a future visit and if I can ever assist with reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This a was 3 day convention Beta Sigma Phi was with with about 112 other women I do believe is the finest hotel I've ever stayed at the most courteous and attentive service have a received.
I was responsible for what our hospitality room was doing and how to know where this gentleman showed up name Shady and He had cookies for and told us anything we needed he be at our service. That set the tone for the rest our stay.. The bellman keep the ice filled & the trash removed.
At the dinner we tried to set at the same table our server James was right there taking such good care of us. There was Shady kept everyone moving through the buffet line, he personally walked with some of the ladies helping them fill their plates, helped them back to their tables. I am sure he has a very proud grandmother.
Our housekeeping person was great she took very good care of us. I did not get her name, (room 527).
I would so recommend this hotel convention location. From check in to checkout could not asked for more attentive service from all the staff

Room Tip: Not on the street side was noisy in the night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

We are absolutely thrilled that the Beta group enjoyed their stay. I cannot tell you enough how much of a delight it was to work with your fine group. While always passionate about what we do, the positive energy which radiated from each and every one of your attendees seemed to fuel that passion to serve just a bit more.

I will pass along your kind comments to Shady and the entire team. In the meantime, we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to see each and every one of you back for a visit in advance of the next Beta Sigma Phi gathering in Knoxville.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever assist with reservations.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was in charge of a convention in June and from the moment we walked into the lobby we were greeted with a smile. They (Holiday Inn) made you feel like you were the only one that mattered and they were there to serve! You were greeted by a young man named Markos, who was ready to help get your things out of the car and help you into the lobby. The gals and guys at the registration desk, seemed so happy to see us and The banquet staff were simply amazing. The young manager, Shady could see that I was a little nervous about the weekend, and he said "it's ok, Ma'am. Just sit back, we'll take of everything for you" and he did! I watched him help the older ladies with their plates and seats and he made them feel like Queens. His staff were totally awesome...from Andrew, James, Roger, Jerry, Greg, Meredith, Renee and Jerry. There wasn't one staff person that I knew wouldn't help wherever needed. The food was tasty and hot and plenty of it. The rooms were clean and comfy. Housekeeping was there to help where needed. And our ladies enjoyed the convenience to the World's Fair Park, Gay Street and Market Square, shopping and of course the Sun Sphere! The lounge is a great place to wind down and several of our convention goers enjoyed the bar staff. To Quote another review, The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park is a Hidden Gem! Thank you, Thank you to all the staff for making our weekend so wonderful!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

First off, thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn World's Fair Park to host the Beta Sigma Phi group. We appreciate your business but more than that, we appreciated the opportunity to get to know and serve each and every one of you.

The fact you took note of the names of each one of those individuals tells me that the emotional connection was indeed both ways. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the entire staff.

We so look forward to the return of your group. In the meantime, we hope you will come and visit us for some R&R very soon. If I can ever be of assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel twice this year and both times have been very pleased with the service, cleanliness and the quality of the restaurant available on site.

This hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of market square and World's Fair Park. They are "green" here so you use your card when you enter your room to use the air conditioning. Great way to keep costs down for the hotel and conserve energy at the same time!

The highlight of this hotel is their restaurant called Windows on the Park. The menu is fantastic and you won't be disappointed with anything that you order. I have now tried numerous items and my kudos to the chef because everything is excellent. From burgers to pasta, you can't go wrong. Happy hour nightly until 7 on wines, well drinks and beers. What a great way to unwind after a long day at work. It's nice knowing I don't have to walk up town if I don't want to and can still have a great meal. I was visited once by the chef and expressed how much I enjoyed his style of cooking. The Lounge Manager, Patrick, is also on site and makes you feel very welcomed. I look forward to my next trip to Knoxville and will definitely be staying at this hotel and frequenting the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Noleone, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and thank you for your business.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the Green features of your room and the service, food and quality of Windows on the Park. I am proud to be associated with Chef Leynes, Patrick and all of our wonderful team members.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you ever need assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I attended a convention here in June. From check-in to check-out busman this team was well trained and pleasant to talk to. Shady and Roger of the banquet staff were so courteous, helpful and a joy to talk to. Check-in and check-out was flawless. Some meals were buffet and some were plated but all food was excellent, hot and on time.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor and enjoyed watching the festival outside at fair park.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donna W

Thank you so much for your excellent comments. We take great pride in all facets of our operations and especially banquets. Shady and Roger are excellent examples of the level of service and attention to detail that the team provides.

Should your travels bring you to Knoxville again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservations.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed 4 nights and exceeded expectations from check in to check out. Ate in the restaurant for dinner twice and Patrick (manager on duty) was on top of things. The food and service was good and at a good price. New management came in 6 months ago and has really done a great job of putting "customer first". An example, I went to get our car and my wife was at the bell stand waiting in the afternoon and it was hot. He asked if she would like a cold bottle of water, which she did. Now, that is real class. I would and will stay here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your fantastic comments and five star review.

We have worked very hard over the past six months to refine our levels of service with a heavy emphasis on the total guest experience. Comments such as yours are affirmation that the hard work is paying off.

We look forward to your return visit and the opportunity to serve you once again.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Many Holiday Inns seem tired. This one looks like it was refreshed not too long ago. Staff was friendly and helpful. Decent breakfast buffet. Very convenient to the convention center and other downtown features. Note: rooms on the east side face a busy street - fire department main station is right up the street so there were a fair amount of sirens during the night.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments via your four star review. The location of the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park in relationship to downtown Knoxville, the Convention Center and the University of Tennessee is second to none.

The entire hotel was recently renovated and we are pleased that you were pleasantly surprised.
We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit soon.