Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
  • Breakfast included
Knoxville Marriott(Knoxville)
Executive Inn(Knoxville)
View Hotel
All reviewsconvention centermarket squarefree shuttlesun spherehotel restaurantshuttle servicefair parkparking feebreakfast buffetexecutive floorwithin walking distancestreet noiseut campuseach morningthe entire staffhotel stafffront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This weekend included three couples staying at this great Holiday Inn. The guest rooms were very clean, the hotel easy to reach and just a few blocks from all the downtown action in Knoxville. Happened to be a festival weekend which made the trip all the more fun. The registration was quick and James the Customer Service Rep was very helpful with some local recommendations. Met the General Manager, Marc Bauer and he was very accommodating to our group. He runs a tight 'ship' and recognized us each time we crossed paths. Would highly recommend this hotel. We plan a quarterly trip.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room! Rooms on the north side face downtown.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great getaway at our property and in Knoxville. Knoxville is always a great place to come in the spring because of everything going on in the area. Thank you for the comments on staff. Marc does run a tight ship and we are all proud to be a part of that. We hope to see you again on your next trip this way.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was thinking the old fashion hotel of Holiday Inns from the 80s. Boy was I surprise. The rooms were clean, up-to-date, and spacey (was ungraded to an executive room), but lacked ample desk/counter space.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. It is always exciting to hear someone's comments on our recent renovations that has never stayed here before. We are very proud of all the work that has been done to the property and glad that it is a great experience for our guests as well.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I left a favorable review of this hotel but now I need to correct that. We stayed at this hotel and our group booked a total of 2 regular rooms and one suite. My friends booked the suite for 2 nights. They had a lengthy conversation with the staff telling them NOT to charge the card for the room, that they would put it on another card. The staff assured her over and over they would not. Well upon check out they paid on another card and went about their business. Turns out they double charged them and went ahead and charged her card she specifically told them NOT to charge.

That happened to be her child support card and it took all the money out of her account leaving her no money for food for her children. She did not find out till she tried to buy food for her kids and the card declined. They got their payment in full but still tried to screw my friend. When my friend tried to fix it, they were not very helpful and it took almost over a week for her to get her money back on the card!!! OUTRAGEOUS! They acted like they did not care. I had to call on her behalf multiple times because they were not being helpful at all. We even called corporate about it and still got not good customer service.

For such a mistake like that, they need to really make it up to us. They were not going to offer us anything for their mistake but after yelling at them repeatedly they finally offered her $50 off her bill. But then never gave her that $50 until we again had to keep calling.I think they hoped we would forget about it.

I go to hotels frequently and this was the worst customer service I have EVER experienced at a hotel. When they mess up due to their mistake, they should bend over backwards to fix it and they did not to our satisfaction. Honestly after the trouble they gave us they should have refunded her the entire stay. I had less mistakes at a Hilton hotel and they immediately refunded the entire room when we did not even ask for it. THAT is how you handle customer service. Not like this place does.

So BE WARNED! They are known for overcharging and double charging even if you talk to them over and over telling them not to and then won't even care about fixing it and it takes over 10 days to come back on the card!!! Then they won't even try to make it up to you. I have vowed off Holiday Inns after this and have not stayed in one since and probably never will again if I can avoid it. It made us sick.

This hotel should be ashamed of themselves.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Noleone, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear April,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. I am very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations.

Let me begin by apologizing for the unfortunate set of circumstances surrounding your visit. I can assure you that it would never occur to me or the staff that a child support card could or even would be used as an alternate form of guarantee. If we knew there was any possibility of compromising a child's welfare I am sure we could have made some other alternate arrangements. Therefore, the mistake was an honest one and not one with malicious intent.

I have addressed this situation with the staff to preclude a similar occurrence in the future. In the meantime, I hope that all other aspects of your New Year's Eve package were enjoyable. Should your travels bring you to Knoxville in the future (and it appears they do based on other reviews), I would love the opportunity to once again earn your business.

Marc B. Bauer

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was a guest at this hotel several years ago. I thought it was an average hotel. But, it has clearly been recently renovated. The hotel looks great. The location is so convenient as well to the market and business areas. The rooms are very nice with a very commfortable bed. The bathroom was good sized as well. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rate was very reasonable. I will definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank John R

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are so thrilled that you liked the new renovations of the property and enjoyed our hospitable staff. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip in Knoxville.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel was recently renovated and it is beautiful. The room was perfect but, a little close to the fire department. This was really only an issue one night out of four. It is situated in a great area - can walk to market square and the area is so great you can go for a run without fear.

The really great part is that I don't really need my room cleaned everyday, but they still left a bag of towels and hospitality items outside my door!!

The hotel restaurant and lounge were great - really nice service. The pool was also nice and WARM!!

My only complaint, was that I picked this hotel because it stated it had complimentary shuttle service to my class everyday. Well my class is outside of the 3 mile radius, so I had a little pushback at first.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Swill_11
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. We are very proud of the renovations this hotel has received and we are glad that you are too. The location and shuttle service is one of the most convenient features we have at this property. I do apologize for the confusion you encountered on the 3 mile radius of our hotel shuttle. We do have a limitation on how far the shuttle can go for convenience of other guests utilizing this feature. Again, thank you for the comments and I hope your travels bring you back here soon.