“Convenient location”

Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Birmingham
“Convenient location”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is a very nice hotel that is easy to get to from the Interstate. It is across the street from the Convention Center where my granddaughter was competing in gymnastics. The hotel has a very nice sitting area complete with a fireplace which was very nice. Also, the area around the hotel was very well lit making the walk to the Convention Center feel safe.
The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating even though we arrived before check in time.
Our only concern when we got to our room was it was next to elevators and ice machine, but to our surprise was very quiet and we actually slept in the next morning.

Room Tip: A very nice place to stay while travelling.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear the wonderful words you had to say. We love our location right next to the convention center and very convenient to anything you may need downtown. I am delighted to hear you had a great rest while here and we do hope you come and stay with us on your next trip into Knoxville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed February 14, 2014

What a wonderful experience I just had at an early morning breakfast at the hotel restaurant at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville. I am a composer, attending The College Music Society Conference at U of Tenn. My server, "Varnell," impressed me so much that I left him a %110 tip! It is so pleasant to be treated, both in a professional and personal manner. He was not overly personal with which to begin, but was extremely friendly without "gushing" and was very helpful and accommodating. Being a professor, I really appreciate working professionals with good "people skills." I engaged him in polite conversation, and he spoke to me in a friendly but professional manner. He seemed to have the ability to engage one on a semi-personal level, but keep his attendance to other customers with professional ease and skill.

It may seem odd that I would write so extensively about such a person, but it seemed to me that this man, Varnell, would/is/should be destined for a position in which he would have more exposure to the hotel clientele as he was such an excellent ambassador for this establishment. The result was a memorable breakfast, that certainly could have remained rather pedestrian or mundane.

TO THE HOTEL MANAGEMENT: Make use of Varnell (I do not know his last name)... he is a WONDERFUL ASSET to your establishment. His people skills are the best I've encountered in a long time. If he is representative of the kind of Human Resources you have at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park, this would then certainly be the "Go-To" place in the city of Knoxville.

Since my work requires extensive travel, being treated so professionally with that extra personal touch, means more than I can express! I certainly hope to return to this Holiday Inn to find Varnell in a position of real professional value to this establishment. Meeting such people makes travel a DELIGHT!

GOOD LUCK TO VARNELL and CONGRATULATIONS to Holiday Inn World's Fair Park for their ability to employ persons of REAL quality!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

Dr. Daniel McCarthy
Section Chair/Professor, Composition and Theory
The School of Music
University of Akron
Akron, OH 44303

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dr McCarthy,
Thank you so much for a wonderful comment on Varnell. He is by far an amazing person to work with and to have at our property. We value all the employees that work at our property. We do hope to see you again on your next visit into Knoxville.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have always had pleasant experiences when staying at a Holiday Inn. I live in Knoxville so I have never stayed at this one. I would think the quality of the hotel very comparable to other Holiday Inn's of this caliber. I almost never write a review however the hotel restaurant was unforgettable.... Windows on the Park had wonderful service, the atmosphere was very pleasant with the views and the bar itself looked wonderful. The food however was horrible. My trout was so fishy tasting... not in a good way and the chicken so dry. We did not finish our meals. $50 tab only made it worse. Reviews online revealed the same. I didn't believe them. Believe my friends... believe.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on your recent dining experience. I want to personally apologize for the quality of food not being up to your preference. This is not something that we take lightly and we want to make sure that each guest has a wonderful relaxing experience while at our property. I promise that your comments have been given to the correct department and if you would like to further discuss this please never hesitate to contact someone from our management team.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

All I can say.... Superb staff! Everyone from concierge bell staff, front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, restaurants on site. Waiter and waitress (esp Dennis who made our omelets and offered to make my Chocolate Chip Waffle with a big T for Tennessee Vols). Great job Holiday Inn and staff!

• Stayed February 2014
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for the glowing comments on our staff. We are pleased that you chose to stay with us and had such a wonderful experience. We hope to see you on your next trip back to Knoxville.
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Great reception upon arrival with very informative staff. Dinner in the restaurant was fantastic and well above the norm for hotel restaurant quality. Great location close to downtown and they also have a shuttle bus to drive hotel guests around the local restaurants.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful comments with us. We know there are lots of choices for hotels and we are so pleased you chose us. We do hope you come back to town on your next stay with us.
Augusta, Ga
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Checked in on a Thursday evening, could not get the full menu. They only had the buffet (pasta) and the bar menu (sandwiches) available. Not good for someone with food allergies. Room service for breakfast the next day took about 30 min. Omlets and the Cinnamon French Toast were very good. They close at 130 for lunch. Had to wait until 3pm to order a sandwich from the bar which took a good 30-35 min to get.
Room was clean and fairly good size. Bathroom is very small but it allows for more "living" space. Overall nice place to stay especially if you have an event in the convention center.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our property. We can not appologize enough for your experience in our restaurant during your recent stay. Feel assured that your comments have been given to the correct department. Never hesitate to ask for extra accomodations when there is a food allergey involved. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to discuss this further. Again, I do apologize for your experience this is not a standard here.

Megan Butler
Front Office Manager
865-522-2800
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the holiday inn for a gymnastics meet that was being held at the convention center next door. We elected for the 1 Bedroom Suite, which was a perfect choice for us and our two kids. There were 2 rooms, a bedroom and a "main" room. Both rooms were large, and each had a bathroom (a big plus for getting ready). In addition, by electing a suite, we were placed on the 11th (top) floor, which had excellent amenities. Among other things, there was breakfast on the 11th floor from 7am to 10:30am, which included bagels, fruit, yogurt, waffles, etc. It was convenient and a great bonus.

The hotel was also very convenient for anyone in Knoxville because of the convention center. You are literally next door, and no hotel is closer. Also, you are just a 5 minute walk (at most) to Downtown Knoxville's shops and restaurants.

All together, this hotel was a great choice. Nice rooms, good amenities, great location and a great price. I recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments on our property. The gymnastics competition is always a big and fun filled weekend for the city and the hotel. I love to hear that your room was everything you expected and more. The suite rooms are wonderful in that they do offer that extra needed space for a family. Thank you again for your comments and for recommending our hotel. We would love to see you again on your next trip into town.