“This is a nice hotel in a a great location”

Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was attending an event over at the University of Tenn. Swimming complex and decided on this hotel because it was close to the Pool. What I did not know when I made the reservation was that the hotel had a shuttle service to any location with in a few mile radius of the property and it included the Pool complex. The hotel was real nice with a great breakfast. Rooms were very clean and the bed very comfortable. I would recommend this property to anyone. Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

We appreciate you chosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Knoxville and the University of Tennessee. The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park is the only downtown hotel that offers a complimentary shuttle. This is a wonderful service because you can park your car and not move it until departure. Thank you for recommending our property to future guests and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The front desk staff was very helpful at check in. The overall hotel has been renovated and is a convenient location for downtown activities. Parking was covered and directly under the hotel. Their is an $8 add on fee for parking. My wife and I checked in for New Years. The room was clean and comfortable. It was large enough to not feel confined. The view of the Worlds Fair Park was nice. I tried out the pool on the second floor. It was small, but nice. The glass and sun shining through felt good. The tile shower in the room was nice, with good water pressure and temperature. At 4:00 P.M I went down to the hotel lounge. It had a modern feel, with plenty of seating, good selections and Happy Hour specials from 5:00 to 7:00.
I choose this hotel for the price and location. We were able to walk to all we wanted to do for the holiday. We had breakfast before checking out. I believe the buffet was around $10 each. The omelet station would be the highlight there. Check out was smooth with no surprises.

Room Tip: Upper floors have the best view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the glowing reviews of our property and for chosing us to celebrate the New Year. The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park has just completed a massive rennovation and we are so pleased you are happy with the new features. Windows on The Park is a great addition to our hotel with the bar, as you stated, being a wonderful place to go and relax with beautiful floor to ceiling windows. We do hope you come back and experience dinner in the restaurant, which is always sure to please. We look forward to your return stay with us.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Honestly one of the best hotel experiences. Stayed there for NYE with my boyfriend.

There re few things I was looking for and they had it all. Restaurant which we did not use but a hotel bar we did use. Very spacious bar with different seating options. Also has a indoor pool which I was excited about. The best was the price for sure. With tax and the $8 parking it was $130 for a king room. I'm originally from Miami/Fort Laud so I thought this was very inexpensive, especially since the rooms were clean, large and comfy!

Location is great! My only complaint has nothing to do with the hotel itself but just a warning for whoever is staying there. Across the street was a fire station so there were sirens all night ( it was NYE though).

Employees were helpful and friendly. Gave us bottled water and granola bars upon check in.

Definitely already planning our trip back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed your New Year's celebration and chose our property to stay at. I love to see all the wonderful comments you had to say about our property. Unfortunatley you hit the nail on the head about the fire department. The hotel is located just a block from the fire department and it can get loud at times with the sirens, we do apologize for that. Thank you for being a loyal member of our rewards club and we do hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn with my husband. A couple other friends were getting rooms there too on New Years Eve. The rate was reasonable. The rooms were nice. The main thing going for this hotel is location. It is located right downtown near a lot of bars. They provide shuttle service but we did not use it because it was probably busy. We took taxis. The hotel has a lot of floors and is right off the interstate.

We stayed in a king sized bed room. We paid $88 a night. The room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. They had a chair, desk, and tv and closet area. The room was pretty big, not cramped. You can see the Sunsphere from your room. We were on the 7th floor. The elevators were kinda slow but moved fast enough to avoid causing issues. They had luggage carts but obviously they need more because when checking out the next day my husband had to wait to get one and others were waiting too.

All the furniture in the room was nice and I felt like the hotel seemed in very good condition. No problems there. You do not get a free breakfast with this hotel. We did order the room service breakfast and it was about $10 a person. It arrived in 30 mins or less and it was very good and service was great. When I checked in they offered me bottles of water and a granola bar for me and my husband. They said it was because I was a priority member but I don't think I actually am. They did not offer that to our friends who were also staying there.

The indoor pool seemed on the small side. We did not use it but we went and looked at it. Our friends wanted to use it for their kids but it was very crowded and small and so was not a good experience. I was not impressed with the pool. The hotel has a big lobby and a gift shop and restaurant.The hotel seemed packed the night we stayed there with a wedding going on and a bunch of people booking rooms to go out for NYE. Seems to be a popular hotel.

The biggest downside for me is the charging for parking. They have an underground parking garage and parking is $8 a day which means I think they charge you once per night you stay. So we only got charged once. But honestly when I book a hotel room I don't think I should have to pay for parking. It should be included. They just charge it into your credit card you book the room with. They give you a key to get into the garage. The spaces in the garage were tiny and my husband said the garage was full when he went to park the car almost but got a spot. However because one person parked over the line it caused everyone to park over the line meaning our car ended up against a pillar where the passenger side was inaccessible. Parking should be free. That cost them a star in my book to make it 3 stars but location and everything else got it another star to get 4 stars.

It has a later check out at 12 and check in at 3. The green hotel thing was not a problem really for us. Just make sure to ask for an extra key so you can leave it in the slot if you want to adjust the ac/heater and so the lights will turn on brighter. I honestly don't care about a green hotel. I just want my stay to be pleasant. Overall I would stay here again and would recommend it.

Even with it being NYE and people partying and being loud we never heard anyone. We slept right through it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for chosing our property to celebrate your new year! The hotel has just completed a huge rennovation and we are so glad you noticed all of the hardwork that was put into the property. I am sorry to see we did not meet your expecations in the parking garage. When it is a busy night like new years I know it is difficult to really enjoy the parking because of the crowd. We will make sure these comments are taken into account on the available spots, and on the charges. Thank you again for taking the time to comment on our property and your stay with us. We do hope to see you again in the future for more celebrations.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay while attending my sons wedding. The service was first class. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Even though I lived in Knoxville for over 15 years and attended UT, I have never stayed at this property. It was a short walk to all that downtown Knoxville and UT has to offer. The staff at the lounge were top notch and rival the best Key West servers. Seth and his staff (particularly Varnell) were the highlight of our trip. The staff at this property cannot be overlooked. From housekeeping to sales....they are all a class act. The sleep quality is not 5 star because of a couple of things. The A/C unit is noisy as is the thermostat (it clicks loudly - just before the unit turns on). The light from the "green" light switch in the entry area had to be covered because it's very bright at night.... As someone who works in life safety, it concerned me that an elevator lobby fire door was propped open. Upon returning from a walk I was pleasantly surprised to see the servicing company van in the parking lot later that day. That tells me that this property values it's guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

First off, I am so thrilled that you chose our property to celebrate such a special day in your son's life. It is always such a pleasure to hear the wonderful and kind words from our recent guest. Thank you for commenting on the first class service that you experienced while here. I do apologize for your the lack of comfortable sleep you may have experienced during your stay. Feel assured that your comments have been taken into consideration and forwarded to the correct department.I hope you stay with us sometime in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Not your normal Holiday Inn. It was BETTER! Refurbished, clean, and the most of all, the staff was amazing! Their restaurant and bar was perfect for a brunch given by friends. Food and Staff were awesome.
The wedding was set up with perfection and our 200 guests were treated with dignity. Location was a plus for parking your car and never needing to see it again until checkout. Walking distance of Market Square and Old City. Located on the World's Fair Site.

Room Tip: Bathrooms are small, would recommend the suites, which come with 2 baths. We each took a bathroom t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

First off congratulations on your new marriage. We are honored that you chose us for your special event. A wedding is a very special time for everyone to come together and celebrate the union of two people. It was our pleasure to serve you and all your guest in making that dream come true. Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was the second stop on our motorcycle trip. There was great underground parking for the bikes. You could walk to restaurants, etc. but they had a bus that would take to you if you liked. The rooms were very nice and the staff were extremely accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

We are very excited you chose to stay with us on your trip into Knoxville. The great review you have given us is such a delight to hear. We take pride in our customer service and are very thrilled you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you again on your next trip into town.