“nice stopover”

Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
West Bend, Wisconsin
“nice stopover”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Friday June 14,2013, it was our half way stopping point between Wisconsin and Hilton Head SC. The hotel was very easy to find, only about a block off the interstate. The lobby was very nice and Collin at the front desk was extremely pleasant and very helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, the bathrooms are small but adequate. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of a same sex couple's getaway. Staff was not the least bit judgmental when I and my partner asked for a King bed. Also, they did valet park my car for me free of charge which is an added plus perhaps not offered to all customer's, but I'm not complaining about that one bit. Speaking of car we didn't even need it since everything was within walking distance from this hotel and come to find out it was safe and sound the whole 3 day trip. Excellent breakfast, lobby, room, bed, and staff so for the price excellent excellent value. Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jasper, georgia
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed four nights. The staff was very friendly. Stains on sofa but other wise very clean. Housekeepers very friendly and did anything we ask. Did not eat at resturant. Had coffee at coffee bar and was very good. Location great . My only real complaint was that we could hear music from the event in the park even though we were on the 9th floor. This went on from early am till 10 pm. It began to wear on the nerves as we could barely hear our T.V.. Still would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed May 17, 2013

nice hotel, older hotel that has been remodeled in the heart of downtown. Lobby was attractive and the rooms were comfortable and clean. bathrooms were on the small side, nicely decorated but very small. Bed was good. We ate in the hotel restaurant, it was on the pricey side but the food was delicious. We are vegetarians but they was still plenty of unique options and they offered to make us dishes as well. Overall, enjoyable stay and I would stay again. However, even though the hotel is downtown, there did not seem to be any other food places within walking distance. We did however stay on on 10th floor and had beautiful night views of the park with the water fountains.

Room Tip: get a room with a view of the park
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mitch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send your kind words. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Knoxville. Have a great day.
KNOXVILLE
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We did not stay at the hotel but we had Mother's Day Brunch and it was amazing! I have never seen so much food in my life. Wow! They had everything you could imagine. Omlets, oysters, cake, macaroons, sushi, waffels, cheese, pie, custard, salmon, prime rib, stuffed pork loin, friut, veggies, etc... I could go on and on. The service was great! It was about $30 a person but well worth it. All the moms got a rose and all the adults got a complementary mimosa. Ther is a bloody mary bar for $10 as well. I highly recommend brunch!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for attending our first Mother's Day Brunch. I appreciate the nice comments and we are certainly thrilled that you enjoyed your day. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business trips. I cannot comment on the price because my company pays for it. The front desk staff is always polite accommodating and professional. Convenient location just a few blocks away from restaurants and bars. Gym and pool are very nice too and you also have the YMCA across the street. Just talk to the front desk. They have a special price deal with them. Comfortable beds but the pillows are interesting. Fortunately the front desk, always nice, provides me with a down feather pillow and I am able to enjoy my sleep. Good place to stay. Nice people.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day.
Nashville
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a professional seminar. The location was a great one, with lots going on . . . actually, a triathlon was going on at the same time as my stay! There was much hustle and bustle, with bicycles everywhere. The room was quite comfortable, although the bathroom was a bit small. I considered that this was probably due to the hotel being an older one that had been remodeled. The towels were great (one of my "big things") and the bed linens were also nice. Free Wi-Fi is also a big plus. My view was overlooking the roof of the convention center, but the view in the distance helped a bit! Being close to the park is really great. The parking garage was easy to maneuver, and the $8/day charge was reasonable.

Room Tip: I would definitely suggest a request for a room not overlooking the roof of the convention center...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice note. We look forward to hosting you again soon. have a great day.