“Part 2 - “wait until the remodel is OVER and PARK CAREFULLY””

Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Sorry, not sure how to do this - I'd like to let folks know 'the rest of the story' since the hotel was kind enough to respond to my posting here. I appreciated hearing from them through TripAdvisor - however I was out of the country and so didn't get the email for quite sometime after it was sent.

Two things had happened since my review...the car had to be left at an OUTSIDE airport parking lot for almost 3 weeks where it received harsh, repeated rain and a 'smack' of some sort right on the hood right by the lime stain received from parking at the hotel! (Is my new car doomed?!) So between the constant 'natural car wash', the smack getting repaired, and LOTS of other buffing and rubbing (my elbow grease) the stain was removed before I saw the note from the hotel about trying to make resolution. SO...I applaud them for opening the dialogue to try to help with the stain caused by their parking lot during my stay.

Hopefully the remodel is finished and the appointments lovely! Since their email I would return to stay but I have learned my lesson about parking in
ANY UNDERGROUND GARAGE!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We came to Knoxville for a weekend getaway. Holiday Inn at World's Fair Park is in a great location. Easy walking distance to Market Square, University of Tennessee campus and of course, World's Fair Park. Beds are extremely comfortable and the hotel staff were all very helpful and hospitable.

Room Tip: Only downside is if you get a room on the Henley Street side, the traffic noise is rather loud.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was in Knoxville for an interview and stayed here for the night. The Best holiday inn I've stayed in! They treated me like a king. Wonderful location, city attractions nearby, ample parking spaces. Lobby was rich, welcome was warm, room spacious and luxurious. Loved the experience n highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The customer service, cleanliness, decor, of this hotel put it at the top of its class of hotels. The rooms were larger than normal and very clean. The only complaint I have on the room is that I wasn't able to sleep real well. The bed was not comfortable and the noise from sirens on Friday night was also bothersome, but not too bad.
They have a nice restaurant and very nice lounge. It is within walking distance of downtown events as well as the University of Tennessee. In addition, the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to anywhere within 3 miles(?) of the hotel, which is very convenient around the college campus where public parking is almost unavailable or extremely expensive!
I just recommend they invest in higher quality mattresses!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

You can't beat this hotel for location in Knoxville. The University, Worlds Fair Park and Market Square area are all just a few blocks away.

The hotel itself is a high end Holiday Inn. Really more on the Crown Plaza level. Nice rooms/lobby and a fantastic restaraunt! Service was exceptional as well.

The only disappointment was a rather blasé fitness room. The equipment was clean and in good working shape, but it needs updating/expansion.

Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife & I stayed here last weekend for two nights for a wedding in Knoxville. Upon arrival, the lobby was very nice & appeared to have been recently remodeled. The room was very clean & had nice amenities. The bath products were top notch. The new keycard system they had was great, too. It's nice to see a hotel trying to be more "green". I also liked how we didn't have to swipe the card to get into our room - the sensor in the door simply scans/reads the card. Even though we had to pay for parking, the rate was reasonable, and it was in attached, underground parking. I prefer parking my own car vs. valet, anyway. Our room was on the 11th floor, and we had a great view overlooking World's Fair Park. We were surprised to see that complimentary breakfast was served on the 11th floor. My wife & I felt like royalty at this hotel. We don't travel often, but I have to say the two gentlemen that worked the 11th floor breakfast area were EXCELLENT - friendly, professional, and were there to assist with anything we needed. We dined in the hotel restaurant once for lunch. My wife had the patty melt with fried pickles, and I had the JD burger with beer battered fries. We both shared the chocolate bread pudding that came in a mason jar. All was very good! We also hit the bar on our late night (much needed after coordinating a wedding!). It was very spacious, and the two bartenders were attentive & friendly, even while, literally, running everywhere behind the bar to take care of everyone there. I will definitely return to this hotel if we're in Knoxville again, and I'll also look to stay at other Holiday Inns when traveling to other cities.

Room Tip: 11th floor is great - great view of the city, and the convenience of the breakfast bar on this floor...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here almost 20 years ago and remembered the hotel as a decent choice. It now has to be thee choice in downtown hotels. Close to most things. Great bar. Modern everything. Definitely a solid stay.

• Stayed: October 2012