“great hotel in the heart of it all”

Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
St. Louis, MO
“great hotel in the heart of it all”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed that the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park for a business trip to Knoxville. The rooms were recently renovated and lovely. I was upgraded to the concierge level so was able to start my days with a convenient, tasty breakfast just down the hall from my room. The staff were helpful and gracious. However, the best feature of this hotel is the location. After my work was finished for the day, On the first evening, I enjoyed a walk around the park right outside the door. The next evening, I ventured a couple of blocks over and took in the live music, shops and cafes at Market Square. I'll be staying here on my future Knoxville trips, you can be sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our daughter is a freshman at University of TN and I have stayed at this hotel twice now.; once for Orientation over the summer, and then this past weekend for UT Family Weekend and Football. I will always stay at this hotel because it is so close to campus, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the customer service is outstanding. The only down side is that they jack the price up whenever there is a home football game, but all of the hotels in Knoxville do that. It was very convenient to take their shuttle over to campus so I didn't have to worry about parking or anything. I was a little disappointed with the service at the hotel bar, but the bartender was slammed with rowdy football fans, and I'm a pretty patient person and didn't make a big deal of it. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting The University of TN or any other place in downtown Knoxville.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I always stay here when I visit my children at UT. It's within walking distance of campus and also downtown venues. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The rooms are neat and always clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Blountville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Very nice hotel in downtown Knoxville. The staff is top notch. Very professional and
accommodating in every way. Truly a pleasure.

Room Tip: I've stayed on several occasions and each room I've had has been very comfortable, nicely de...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2011

After Having a bit of an ordeal getting checked in. Our reservation had us as getting a king instead of double beds. They were completely booked so we got offered a complimentary cot. Of course the cot showed up in the bill anyway. The night manager was less than helpful. It was also a bit noisy...only because your in downtown Knoxville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SingingGal
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed a very smooth stay at this hotel, which I consider one of the top Holiday Inns that I've stayed at (and I've stayed at many throughout the years). The renovations have made a huge difference - things look new from the outside of the building to the lobby to the rooms.

- The bed was very comfortable, and we did not have issues with noise, though I'm glad I wasn't down the hall where there were a lot of very rowdy teens (~18 yrs)
- Room service was available with good choices, though we did not use it
- You could not ask for a better location - walking distance from the main restaurant and entertainment district in the area - tons of restaurant choices
- The gentleman who checked me in was extremely friendly and helpful, taking the time to explain everything I needed to know, without wasting any time. I felt treated as a special guest, even though I was just a regular one.
- Example: as a Priority Club standard member, we were handed water and a choice of snacks upon check-in (popcorn, rice krispie treats, etc.) ... unlike the supposedly upscale Hotel Indigo in Nashville, which offered absolutely nothing.
- There is a small fee for parking, but it is minimal and parking is very close
- Finally, they have a shuttle that will take you just about anywhere, any time. Awesome.

NEGATIVES:

- Room did not have microwave / fridge, and the wi-fi was very slow at time (but it was free - this is a big plus!)
- I don't feel the smoking policy is strictly enforced. We were in a section that was all non-smoking and kids were smoking in the hallways and the rooms; we practically had to walk through a cloud to get to our room.

I really can't come up with other negatives, and I tend to be pretty picky. I feel that I got a value equal to what I paid here (it is a little expensive; I had a government discount).

Room Tip: Book through the hotel web site rather than a 3rd-party site; you'll be treated better.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nathanmedic2003
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel before and once again, our stay was most pleasant. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and quiet. We had the Non-Smoking King Suite. The free WiFi was plenty fast. The beds are very comfortable! The complimentary breakfast is above adequate. The overall atmosphere is comfortable.
The only reason to not get an "Excellent" rating is the rooms never seem to get quite cold enough (but we like really, really cold air)! The location of this hotel is awesome, due to our visits usually include visiting our son at the university nearby and college football games.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family