“Loved the hotel - definitely be back”

Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Blountville, Tennessee
“Loved the hotel - definitely be back”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Very nice hotel in downtown Knoxville. The staff is top notch. Very professional and
accommodating in every way. Truly a pleasure.

Room Tip: I've stayed on several occasions and each room I've had has been very comfortable, nicely de...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2011

After Having a bit of an ordeal getting checked in. Our reservation had us as getting a king instead of double beds. They were completely booked so we got offered a complimentary cot. Of course the cot showed up in the bill anyway. The night manager was less than helpful. It was also a bit noisy...only because your in downtown Knoxville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SingingGal
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed a very smooth stay at this hotel, which I consider one of the top Holiday Inns that I've stayed at (and I've stayed at many throughout the years). The renovations have made a huge difference - things look new from the outside of the building to the lobby to the rooms.

- The bed was very comfortable, and we did not have issues with noise, though I'm glad I wasn't down the hall where there were a lot of very rowdy teens (~18 yrs)
- Room service was available with good choices, though we did not use it
- You could not ask for a better location - walking distance from the main restaurant and entertainment district in the area - tons of restaurant choices
- The gentleman who checked me in was extremely friendly and helpful, taking the time to explain everything I needed to know, without wasting any time. I felt treated as a special guest, even though I was just a regular one.
- Example: as a Priority Club standard member, we were handed water and a choice of snacks upon check-in (popcorn, rice krispie treats, etc.) ... unlike the supposedly upscale Hotel Indigo in Nashville, which offered absolutely nothing.
- There is a small fee for parking, but it is minimal and parking is very close
- Finally, they have a shuttle that will take you just about anywhere, any time. Awesome.

NEGATIVES:

- Room did not have microwave / fridge, and the wi-fi was very slow at time (but it was free - this is a big plus!)
- I don't feel the smoking policy is strictly enforced. We were in a section that was all non-smoking and kids were smoking in the hallways and the rooms; we practically had to walk through a cloud to get to our room.

I really can't come up with other negatives, and I tend to be pretty picky. I feel that I got a value equal to what I paid here (it is a little expensive; I had a government discount).

Room Tip: Book through the hotel web site rather than a 3rd-party site; you'll be treated better.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nathanmedic2003
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel before and once again, our stay was most pleasant. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and quiet. We had the Non-Smoking King Suite. The free WiFi was plenty fast. The beds are very comfortable! The complimentary breakfast is above adequate. The overall atmosphere is comfortable.
The only reason to not get an "Excellent" rating is the rooms never seem to get quite cold enough (but we like really, really cold air)! The location of this hotel is awesome, due to our visits usually include visiting our son at the university nearby and college football games.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MonBon7
Kimberly, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 14, 2011

When in knoxville, I had hurt my back. the staff at the hotel went well above what could be expected to help my wife and I out. The shuttled me to the hospital and back, to get a rental. Never did they once hesitate to offer to help. We are so grateful for these Tennessee volunteers.

• Stayed July 2011
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Mike and his staff made me and the rest of the Wing Dingers feel at home. It all started with the warm welcome from Amber who got us a room even though we had reservations at another property. Mike the manager was involved in nearly every aspect of the operation ensuring we were taken care of. This place should change it's name to Hospitality Inn

• Stayed July 2011
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip. My room had brand new carpet, kind of a small leopard print, I loved it! Nice room, very comfortable. I was given water bottles at the desk. Travis, who was at the desk most of the time I was there, is super nice person. Just outside the hotel is World's Fair Park and the "giant gold ball", which is a great place to walk around. I ate a fantastic dinner in the restaurant. Since I was the only one there, I struck up conversations with the wait staff, and they were very friendly and attentive. I don't drink, but they had a nice bar. If I am in Knoxville again, I will most likely return.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business