My wife and I checked in into a superior king room at Red Roof Inn (1315 Kirby Rd, Knoxville, TN 37909) on July 10th at 2 pm. There was a heavy construction work going on with a noisy fleet of vehicles collecting debris outside of our room. We tried catching up some sleep till 6 pm (since we were very tired after a long road trip) but could not. Finally, I went down to the front desk and requested a new room with no noise pollution. A different person at the front desk asked me if you used the room. I said obviously, we are there in the room for four hours. He denied granting me a new room since we already used the room. "I am surprised why were you assigned that room," he added, "since that construction work is going on for several days. But they will stop by 8 pm." We had no choice but to leave the room and return back after 8 pm. Breakfast was hot and fresh. On the next day while checking out I met the same person who had checked us in. I asked him "if you knew there was a construction work going on outside of our room, why did you allot us the room?" He did not apologize but said, "We can give you some discount. Why don't you call the website through which you booked the hotel? Once they confirm your booking we will credit some amount to your card." Till date I have not received any refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, Red Roof Knoxville Central is convenient to so many Knoxville attractions, yet its quiet suburban location is restful and relaxing. If you’re here on business, downtown Knoxville and University of Tennessee are both just 5 minutes away. West Town Mall, Knoxville Convention Center, U of Tennessee Medical Center, Neyland Stadium, Lakeshore Park, and Knoxville Racquet Club are also nearby. The Army Reserve Base and Tennessee National Guard facilities are also close by. If you’re interested in visiting the Smoky Mountains, it’s a pleasant drive of less than an hour. Conveniently located near I40, exit 383, Red Roof Knoxville Central has great shopping just around the corner, and a number of great restaurants within a half mile.Red Roof Knoxville Central features a business center, interior corridors, free hot breakfast featuring eggs and sausage, flat screen TVS, a free fitness facility, a coin laundry, free high speed wireless internet, a sparkling seasonal pool (open May through September), and free on-site parking and motorcoach parking. Our guest rooms feature spacious sitting areas, custom furnishings, overstuffed chairs and sofas, and dedicated workspaces. You’ll also enjoy cable TV, data ports, hair dryers, in-room coffee makers, and irons and ironing boards in all rooms. Selected rooms also offer microfridges and microwaves. Experience our complimentary coffeehouse –style coffee and tea, as well as our dining delivery service and free morning newspapers. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Red Roof Inn, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central Hotel Knoxville
- Holiday Inn Central Papermill
- Holiday Inn Knoxville
- Knoxville Holiday Inn