“Noisy Construction Work Kept Us Awake”

Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central
Ranked #54 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Noisy Construction Work Kept Us Awake”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I checked in into a superior king room at Red Roof Inn (1315 Kirby Rd, Knoxville, TN 37909) on July 10th at 2 pm. There was a heavy construction work going on with a noisy fleet of vehicles collecting debris outside of our room. We tried catching up some sleep till 6 pm (since we were very tired after a long road trip) but could not. Finally, I went down to the front desk and requested a new room with no noise pollution. A different person at the front desk asked me if you used the room. I said obviously, we are there in the room for four hours. He denied granting me a new room since we already used the room. "I am surprised why were you assigned that room," he added, "since that construction work is going on for several days. But they will stop by 8 pm." We had no choice but to leave the room and return back after 8 pm. Breakfast was hot and fresh. On the next day while checking out I met the same person who had checked us in. I asked him "if you knew there was a construction work going on outside of our room, why did you allot us the room?" He did not apologize but said, "We can give you some discount. Why don't you call the website through which you booked the hotel? Once they confirm your booking we will credit some amount to your card." Till date I have not received any refund.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The only thing that keeps this Red Roof from getting 5 stars is the ongoing construction.
This Red Roof is new to the Red Roof chain and, judging by the amenities, used to be a MUCH more expensive motel than your average run of the mill Red Roof. Everything from the quality of construction to the amenities were a few notches above Standard Red Roof. However, it is priced like an ordinary Red Roof.

I would estimate 5 Stars once the construction is complete.

Room Tip: May want to wait until after the construction is complete.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here only one night, but I stand 100% behind this hotel. We arrived 3.5 hours later than expected, and the staff greeted us by name. The whole place smelled fresh and clean. Our rooms were well-stocked, and even though my request to have them adjoin came late in the day, they were able to accommodate us. The showers were hot and had GREAT water pressure, although there was not any conditioner (but I also didn't ask the front desk for any). Breakfast options were more varied than expected, and the eating area was clean and well-maintained. The front desk even apologized for renovating!!

For $73/two double beds (after taxes), the quality and value simply cannot be beat!

• Stayed July 2013
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three times. They are currently undergoing renovations. For someone looking for a clean room for a good price, this is it, and the front desk staff was very friendly. If you're looking for a 4 star hotel, get a 4 star hotel, but if you're looking for a clean hotel (even with construction going on), that's conveniently located I would try this hotel.
If in Knoxville in the future, I will stay here again. Even through it's next to Interstate 40, my wife nor I could hear any traffic noise. Easy entry onto and exit off of the Interstate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
South Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week while a family member was attending meetings daily. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and have a nice flat-screen TV, fridge, and microwave, which was way more than an expensive alternative we initially spent our first night at in town. Breakfast was more than adequate (for free!) and had cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, waffles, muffins, assortment of juice , coffee, and milk. There was also eggs and sausage daily, so really for you couldn't expect much more without being asked to pay extra for it. The pool was clean and fairly large, and in a good location to receive sun most of the day. A ton of restaurants and shopping were within a 5-10 min drive, and staff was friendly and helpful throughout the day. If I had a negative observation it would simply be to say that the carpet and bedding looks dated, but they are currently doing construction so hopefully that will include upgrades to all of the bldg. Everything was clean and a great deal for the amount of money spent! It would be hard to justify staying somewhere for 3 times the cost with a charge for parking, expensive buffets, and rooms without any type of appliance! I would absolutely stay here again if on a similar trip with all 3 of my kids and just looking to stay comfortable and not spend a ton of money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank USCDOC
cranberry twp pa
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I wish I could give this property no stars. Booked this for two nights, left after one night when the toilet overflowed in the bathroom flooding the bathroom and bedroom. When using the facilities in the lobby, 2 out of three of the commodes there were out of order. The lobby was dusty and dirty due to construction debris, no attempt to keep this area clean was evident. The view both from the front and from the room looked like a war zone. Oh and the desk clerk warned us on checkin not to use th pool because it was cold.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our room was clean, very comfy beds, nice flat screen, clean bathroom, carpets clean, quiet, pet friendly and affordable. Because I booked late, I was stuck with a "smoking" room... Not the hotels fault. We enjoyed being in the back on the 3rd floor. I was able to exercise myself and pups up and down the stairs for potty breaks :) I looked at all hotels in the area and to say the least, they freightened me! I was soooo please with our stay at the Red Roof. We will be re-locating to this area soon and will send our visitors their way if needed. There is construction going on to improve! We didn't get the free continental breakfast, so I can't comment on that, but it is FREE.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family