“Terrible Beds”

Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central
Ranked #56 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel was at best "ok", but the beds were TERRIBLE and completely make this NOT worth staying there. The first night, my king bed sagged way too much in the middle, and gave me a very sore back. I switched rooms for my second night, only to have a bed that was about as comfortable as sleeping on the floor. I've slept in many hotels and I understand bad beds, but these were beyond terrible.

This property used to be a large Holiday Inn, but is now a Red Roof Inn and I was told soon will be split into also being a La Quinta. They have plans to expand the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Avoid staying here or at least check the bed before you decide to stay in your room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 6, 2012

For $60 on a Fri night, I purchased a clean comfy room at I think a good deal. This hotel is conveniently located just off of the interstate. We were worried when we noticed several college kids on our floor trudging up and down the hall when we arrived. The kids were either very quiet, or the hotel has thick walls because we didn't hear them all night (and I am a light sleeper). The bathrooms were so clean they looked almost newly constructed. This could have been possible as the hotel looks as if it is being renovated on the adjacent side. The heat works well, a little to well, and we did have to play with the controls to regulate it through the night as it was close to the bed. The bed had ample pillows, but they are small. My hubby complained that he woke with a still neck; I was fine. Overall, very good stay and I would recommend to any traveler.

Room Tip: There are no beautiful views from the rooms, just construction of the hotel or pool area. However, v...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed there for one night after a football game. Clean room, friendly staff--no smoking room--something apparently the folks at Best Western in Pigeon Forge seem to have a problem providing--in spite of promising you when they take your reservation.

Breakfast: standard scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, doughnuts, and bagels.

Close to the stadium, TGIF's and the freeway.

Room Tip: Didn't smell like a Marlboro after checkout like we did after staying at the Best Western in Pig...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

It was a good and clean place. I got more than what i paid for. Was not expensive during the day i booked. It had Breakfast. Pretty decent. Staff was friendly. Very conveniently located to I-75.
And Many restaurants close by.
One mistake i made. Nothing to do with this Hotel. I booked it through Priceline. I paid more through Priceline than what this hotel actually charges. I felt my price was good. But the actual hotel price was even less. I was bit appointed by priceline. Again nothing to do with this hotel.
Probably a tip for the reader. Better to check with the hotel directly first before booking through other agent sites.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel directly first before booking through other agent sites. You may save some mone...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Muthu V
Reviewed August 22, 2012

A friend and I needed a place to stay for the night so we went with here because of timing. There were no light bulbs in one lamp and when my friend tried to turn it on he got shocked. In the morning (we stayed one night and didn't use the drawers) when I looked through the drawers to see if my friend left anything, we found a loaded .44 revolver with hollow point bullets and a holster. DO NOT STAY HERE. Staff seemed entirely unconcerned. The woman working at night was snobby and uptight, and the man in the morning was completely unmoved at the fact that we found a loaded revolver in our room. It is the south so I understand that firearms are carried around. I can appreciate and respect it. The fact that this went unnoticed by staff is completely unacceptable. They should be thankful that my friend and I were responsible enough to report there was a weapon in the drawer.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank JAMancini889
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Clean lobby and greeted by friendly staff upon arrival. Room was clean but could use some repairs. The AC was making a very loud noise and the bathroom could have been cleaned better. The breakfast was cold but tasted ok. When we checked out we were ignored by the girl working the counter ( I think we cut into her early morning facebook time) She took our room keys and gave me the receipt without ever looking up to make eye contact, at the end of the transaction she didn't even say thank you, she was very rude.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex P
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Teen youth group and chaperones stayed here July 19th on our way home from Memphis. When we arrived, 2 of the 4 rooms smelled extremely musty, 1 of our 4 rooms had dirty sheets and smelled like kerosene. We kindly asked for a different room. We were sternly informed that there were no more rooms available. We again kindly asked that we at least have clean sheets for the girls. they stated they had no sheets and no staff available in housekeeping. when we persisted, the manager Bob told us we needed to check out and go stay somewhere else. when we found another hotel with 4 rooms available, Bob stated that only 1 room would be refunded(we had prepaid all 4 rooms in advance). bottom line, Dave and Bob were rude, and nasty.rooms were horrible.dirty washclothes hanging from shower head. BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends