“Beats Best Western!!”

Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central
Ranked #58 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed there for one night after a football game. Clean room, friendly staff--no smoking room--something apparently the folks at Best Western in Pigeon Forge seem to have a problem providing--in spite of promising you when they take your reservation.

Breakfast: standard scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, doughnuts, and bagels.

Close to the stadium, TGIF's and the freeway.

Room Tip: Didn't smell like a Marlboro after checkout like we did after staying at the Best Western in Pig...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 11, 2012

It was a good and clean place. I got more than what i paid for. Was not expensive during the day i booked. It had Breakfast. Pretty decent. Staff was friendly. Very conveniently located to I-75.
And Many restaurants close by.
One mistake i made. Nothing to do with this Hotel. I booked it through Priceline. I paid more through Priceline than what this hotel actually charges. I felt my price was good. But the actual hotel price was even less. I was bit appointed by priceline. Again nothing to do with this hotel.
Probably a tip for the reader. Better to check with the hotel directly first before booking through other agent sites.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel directly first before booking through other agent sites. You may save some mone...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Muthu V
Reviewed August 22, 2012

A friend and I needed a place to stay for the night so we went with here because of timing. There were no light bulbs in one lamp and when my friend tried to turn it on he got shocked. In the morning (we stayed one night and didn't use the drawers) when I looked through the drawers to see if my friend left anything, we found a loaded .44 revolver with hollow point bullets and a holster. DO NOT STAY HERE. Staff seemed entirely unconcerned. The woman working at night was snobby and uptight, and the man in the morning was completely unmoved at the fact that we found a loaded revolver in our room. It is the south so I understand that firearms are carried around. I can appreciate and respect it. The fact that this went unnoticed by staff is completely unacceptable. They should be thankful that my friend and I were responsible enough to report there was a weapon in the drawer.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank JAMancini889
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Clean lobby and greeted by friendly staff upon arrival. Room was clean but could use some repairs. The AC was making a very loud noise and the bathroom could have been cleaned better. The breakfast was cold but tasted ok. When we checked out we were ignored by the girl working the counter ( I think we cut into her early morning facebook time) She took our room keys and gave me the receipt without ever looking up to make eye contact, at the end of the transaction she didn't even say thank you, she was very rude.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex P
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Teen youth group and chaperones stayed here July 19th on our way home from Memphis. When we arrived, 2 of the 4 rooms smelled extremely musty, 1 of our 4 rooms had dirty sheets and smelled like kerosene. We kindly asked for a different room. We were sternly informed that there were no more rooms available. We again kindly asked that we at least have clean sheets for the girls. they stated they had no sheets and no staff available in housekeeping. when we persisted, the manager Bob told us we needed to check out and go stay somewhere else. when we found another hotel with 4 rooms available, Bob stated that only 1 room would be refunded(we had prepaid all 4 rooms in advance). bottom line, Dave and Bob were rude, and nasty.rooms were horrible.dirty washclothes hanging from shower head. BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dee c
Reviewed August 2, 2012

You get what you pay for in this case. The beds were clean as were the bathrooms. The breakfast was average & included in the room rate. The pool area was clean & they had a grill available to use. Some rooms had refrigerators & microwaves. Mine room did not & I was placed on a waiting list to get one. After 6 days, I still did not get one. The ice machine was right outside my room, so I used the bathroom sink & got ice every 4-6 hours or so to keep some snacks & drinks cool. Loads of parking for large vehicles. Part of the hotel appeared abandoned & trashy. There were not any restaurants nearby, & it was not convenient (major hwy. to cross) to walk to the ones that were about a mile away.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hi my 4 yr old and I had a great stay at this hotel. It was staffed by friendly people, pool was huge and well cared for and our room was clean and updated. Also our breakfast was hot and fresh. We will be back next time we are in the area!! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family