“I enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #55 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Johnson City, Tennessee
“I enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I called on Saturday night October 29 and made my reservations for a full week, site unseen. I had read previous reviews and was a little nervous about staying there but it was close to the business I needed to go to. The reservation process was easy and I got a very good rate.

I arrived around 8:30 pm, the desk clerk was very nice and check in went very smoothly. I stayed until Thursday when I unexpectedly had to leave. My room was on the first floor but it was very clean, the bed was wonderful and my bathroom was spotless (I had read previous reviews so i checked these areas very carefully. I wore white socks in the room and they stayed clean. Breakfast was adequate with scrambled eggs and self made waffles, cereal, bagels and toast as well as juice and coffee. I was satisfied. I would stay here again should the need arise.

Room Tip: I don't know any tips. My room was on the first floor and I could hear water running occasional...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Spent the night at this Red Roof on Thursday and it was not too bad. It is an older hotel, so the furnishings are not very modern, but my bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the man at the front desk was informative and nice. It did smell funny when I checked in and it had been raining so I wonder if it was just that musty wet smell, but when I checked out the next morning, I could smell the air freshener everywhere, so there must have been an issue to cause the smell and it was apparent to everyone since it was corrected overnight. The caulk in the bathroom is old but it was not dirty or mildewed. I did not have breakfast so I can't comment on that but there is free wifi that worked beautifully and was hassle free to log onto. I just spent one night but it was not too bad at all.

Room Tip: I chose a ground floor room near the elevator because it is a very large hotel and I can't do a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dyersburg tn
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This a very old hotel.Long, dark indoor hallways. Outdated furniture and the view of an abandoned part of the hotel.Two connecting doors to gosh knows where! Roaches in the breakfast area. Not a family place to stay. If it wasn't so late when we got there, we would have left. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rsn4onashoestring
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We took a chance on this hotel that was formally Holiday Inn @Papermill. From the minute we walked in the door, Steven made us feel welcome. Because we were leary about Red Roof from previous experience, we did not have high expectations. Steven's warm welcome, quiet room selection for us, recommendation for eating places and even suggestions for areas to visit in Memphis, where we were headed, made all the difference in the world. The room was excellent, the breakfast was good and the overall experience will be memorable. We don't know if this young man will stay in the hospitality business but if he does, he should be managing a property. Better yet, he should be a front desk staff trainer. We just have 5 daughters but I would be proud to call someone of his professional and sincere talent level "our son". Please tell him Hello from the Hennessys!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The front desk was wonderful. My room was next o a barking dog, and on the other side was a wild couple. Walls ry thin and the coin laundry took my money. The staff did readily refund it. never felt clean in the room

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
The Netherlands
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Staff was welcoming and warm..we were on the 2nd floor, nice thing was we had an elevator,,and a luggage rack on wheels, so we did not have to drag out stuff to the room, was nice.Hubby went to the bathroom to put our toilet bags in there, and came out and said there was no shower curtain,, we were going out to eat any way so we notified the front desk, and was told it would be there when we got back,breakfast was nice, was quite a bit of food ..I love the belgian waffles, Hub and I wanted to go to the Smokey Mountains and take a look around,so we decided to stay in this motel one more night. We were gone all day , we got back we were tired and wanted to eat our food, and lay down and go to sleep, no sheets on the bed..every thing was tossed around took 30 min or longer for them to send up someone to make the bed..it took 2 GROWN MEN to make the bed, this morning there were 4 young women doing rooms..guy at front desk was willing to move us into a different room,, nahhhhh.. all our STUFF was already in the room.
The property could use a make over. Beds were comfy carpets in our room was clean..Nice big tv..microwave, fridge, iron, and board..quite comfy really.. would stay here again:-)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CloggieUsa2001
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I traveled from NY to Knoxville, Tennessee. We stayed at one other Red Roof in Ky. and we have stayed at several over the past 3 years. None of the former Red Roofs and Ky can compare to the Kirby Road Red Roof. It was absolutely bright, CLEAN, newer enviroment, had all the amenities. The staff was extremely professional, pleasant, and helpful. We would HIGHLY recommend this Red Roof...........Oh yes, the hotel was full of Tennessee fans for the game and there was NO noise or inconvenience. Great place!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Supreme? King bed room. Super. and the breakfast was good.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends