Our family stayed here for 1 night in July on a Friday. The room was very nice and the bathroom as well. This had most amenities however the indoor pool was very small (marked 5' at its greatest depth which was questionable as our grandson is not yet 5' and he could stand up with his head above water). We did not use the room service or dine there.
They list a hot tub and this too was very small and there was already an older man who spent some period of time in there (so it really didn't feel accessible to me). There was a large group of teenage boys, not in the pool while we were there but they were gathered and loud. There were a lot of piles of wet towels laying all over the floors around the pool (while there was a laundry bin right there). The pool water was cold. The design of the pool (its small dimensions and shape and all the steps in the pool) did not really seem user friendly as kids were jumping off the sides of the pool coming very close to striking their heads on the concrete walls. The lowest depth said 3'.
Finally, while this did have dining and room service, there was no offer of any complimentary breakfast in the morning. For the price, I would anticipate this.
Check-in was quick and the girl at the desk very friendly.
The facilities were under renovation but did appear very clean (with the exception of the cluttered/messy pool area). To add a note to that, because of the wet towels all over, you could not tell if a seating area was occupied or not.
The coffee was single serve with only 1 packet of sugar in the condiment wrapper (husband uses 2). There were 2 teabags, 2 decaf and 2 regular coffee packets in our room.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay there as far as the room being very nice, clean and quiet. The bedding was also very comfortable and with plenty of pillows. The soaps/shampoos are rather scanty if you have a family so unless you want to call to the desk for more, I would bring my own.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining luxury, convenience, & location, the Holiday Inn - Knoxville - West at Cedar Bluff offers quick & easy access to downtown Knoxville, the University of Tennessee, & the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Right off I-40 & I-75 in West Knoxville, we're only minutes away from many of our area's top attractions. Our Holidome recreational area, public areas, & guestrooms are spacious and elegant. We feature our Cafe Restaurant and Swizzles Lounge, with entertainment six nights a week. Relax in our indoor/outdoor pools, hot tub, and enjoy the only full-service hotel in West Knoxville. We are pet friendly! Reservations must be made for a pet-friendly room, and there is a $35.00 non-refundable pet fee. For our government travelers, please be advised that we do require either a Federal Government ID or a TN State ID. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Knoxville - West (i-40 And i-75)
- Holiday Inn Knoxville - West (i-40 & i-75) Hotel Knoxville
- Holiday Inn Cedar Bluff
- Knoxville Holiday Inn