“Good business stop”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pegram, TN
“Good business stop”
Reviewed May 1, 2010

I travel quite often and this isn't the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, but it is good. Large, clean rooms that are set up to do business. Very comfy bed. Set up to easily get around downtown Knoxville. Nothing that will knock your socks off, but I had a good nights sleep and didn't need anything else, so it met my needs perfectly.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
brentwood, tn
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I have stayed at this Hilton before, but it's been a couple of years. The hotel is just as beautiful now as it was then.. the lobby is very quaint, cozy, and comfortable. My bed was very comfortable and they offered me a "pillow menu" to choose other pillows if I wanted. I have never seen this before! They now have flat screen TV's, and they're quite nice. Great location in the center of downtown, my car didn't move out of the garage. Very pleasant housekeepers and staff. I give it two thumbs up all the way around.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank susans022
HiltonKnoxville, Fran Owen, CHSP - Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville. As an extra-special comfort amenity, we now provide a menu of pillow selections -- we are happy to hear you were delighted with it. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville!
columbia, sc
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We really enjoyed our trip to Knoxville for the Carolina/UT game. The Hilton was reasonably priced and clean. There were a few bad points that unfortunately outweighed the good. The Hilton website advertises a fitness facility, but you have to pay to visit the YWCA across the street. Parking is rather expensive. And most importantly, we realized midday on Saturday that our things had been gone through while we were out to lunch and a few dollars stolen. I spoke to the front desk on our way out and told them what happened, with them offering sincere apologies and promises that the housekeeping manager would contact me for more information. Three weeks later, and no call from the Hilton. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your comments, as they help us to focus on areas that need improving, thus preventing future issues such as this. We will investigate further and take action to ensure future guests do not experience these issues. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Knoxville.
United States
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My car was parked in the garage attached to the hotel, and the window was smashed and items stolen. The Hilton manager was unsympathetic and callous; he had surprisingly few social graces. He scrawled two numbers on my card, saying that Hilton was not responsible, as the garage was operated by Central Parking (CP). One number he supplied was for the attendant in the garage exit booth, who had no authority to take my report; I never did hear back from the CP manager I left a message for. When I returned to the hotel the valet could not find my keys, directing me to talk to the Hilton manager, who was even ruder than before. I did not ask for anything other than empathy and help, but I got neither from the Hilton. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Samishsailor
We truly appreciate your feedback. We will certainly look further into these issues, and take action to ensure this is resolved satisfactorily. We hope that you will stay with us again.
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I've stayed here a couple of times in the past few years. Pleasant staff, clean place, large rooms (especially on concierge level), really no complaints. Great location to downtown businesses.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank MBones7
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville. We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you again when Knoxville is on your itinerary!
Devon, England
Reviewed August 12, 2009

The rooms are everything you would expect from this well known chain. Clean and modern. Housekeeping came daily and towels changed daily. When our AC stopped working, maintainence came straightaway to fix it.

Everything perfect.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank camymal
Thank you for your nice comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville. We truly appreciate your business, and hope to see you again soon.
amandas28TN
Reviewed August 10, 2009

this hotel was very clean which is extremely important to me, the room was immaculate & i loved the granite shower!!!! friendly staff, easy check in, like i say it was a little pricey, $128.00(plus 10 for parking) for 1 nights stay! but i suppose you get what you pay for... the only complaint i have is that the swimming pool was only 3 1/2 feet deep. other than that minor imperfection this is a wonderful hotel!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville!