“Very nice hotel in a great location”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very nice hotel in a great location”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very nice and clean. The service is pretty good. Valets are expedient. It's right in the middle of downtown Knoxville close to done pretty good bars and restaurants. Breakfast is ok, but pricey for what our is.

• Stayed January 2014
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for telling us about your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. You will be pleased to know that we are in the roll out stages of upgrading our breakfast experience. I feel confident that we will address your concerns through this process. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Sarasota
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here six nights and feel it is necessary to review it. Given my circumstances this was a superb location to stay. Market Square was very close, and there were many restaurants nearby as well as a few attractions. One positive thing was that the service here was super. All of the folks were bending over backwards to be helpful. The beds were not comfortable, which lessens my good impression a bit. Also, the dining room every morning has the same buffet over and over. They could change it up a bit from day to day! I found the Starbucks in the hotel to be a wonderful thing. It was very loud and noise from other rooms was easily heard, like water running, sneezing, even flushing of the toilet! Not good. People in the hallways talking constantly when events were going on kept us from a good night's sleep. Not a good thing to have happening, but that's life when you stay in a busy hotel. Overall, a nice experience but would possibly try another hotel next time around.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We just wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your interaction with our associates as they are the key ingredient to our success. I do apologize for the noise level mentioned and we will review that issue within our rooms. Again, we appreciate your professional feedback and we will ensure that we utilize it to move forward.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Horrible experience...RUN. I'm not picky generally. Room wasn't ready. They were supposed to contact me. They never did. Staff is horrible. Arrived at 10 am. Showed back up at 8:00 pm, still no room confirmation. Ordered wings in bar...joke. My experience couldn't have been worse. Stay away!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Guest feedback is an important part of our ability to continue to improve the service experience we provide for our guests. I am truly sorry that you experienced some problems during your stay. We will certainly review our procedures in these situations and work to avoid such occurrences in the future. I again am truly sorry for your frustrations and I trust that we will have another opportunity to serve you within the Hilton family in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Overall impression with this hotel is pretty decent. The staff is great. The hotel is relatively clean, although the rooms are a bit dated (but clean). Parking rate of $13/day for self park is a bit high. Come on, it's Knoxville, Tennessee. For $13 a day, you get to navigate and park in the attached structure. Here's some advice: Drop some bread-crumbs to and from your vehicle. It is not the most intuitive parking garage, easy to get turned around. But again, it serves the purpose.

So, you're reading this review and wondering, "Why did Biz T. only give the property a 4 star rating?" Well, to answer that question let me relate the events that began on my first night...

10:05pm: Sitting at the desk in the room thinking "why does only one desk drawer in a hotel room work and the other is just for looks?" Like an extra fake drawer is going to put a smile on my face, but I digress...

10:06pm: Working on some emails, when I heard what sounded like a lady in distress howling and screaming next door. I was ready to put on my Dudley Doo-Right Mounted Police cap and come to her rescue, but then quickly realized the only thing mounted was already happening to the woman next door. For the next 10 minutes the screaming continued. Even in "guy time", 10 minutes seems like an eternity, (although, as it turns out, the lady next door probably would not agree with my concept of eternity). As i have since realized, it's a fine line between distress and pleasure.

10:15pm: The neighborly activity and noise stopped.

10:16pm: It became obvious that sound proofing of any sorts was not a top priority when this hotel was built. In fact, any noise, whether from the street, or the room next-door, sounded like it was in the room with me.

So, if you are looking for a quiet room, then you may wish to look elsewhere. Otherwise, a fine hotel, with competent staff, clean rooms and a pretty decent location will await you. 4 Stars, indeed, although it's nothing to scream about.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Although I am grateful for the kind comments regarding our hotel and associates. I am truly sorry that you were disturbed in your room do to noise. I do hope my team responded in a prompt manner if they were made aware of the disturbance. I also appreciate your professiionalism in sharing your frustrations but being able to point out the many high points of the hotel and associates. I hope we get another chance to serve you in the future.

(Seriously though, you may want to take up writing...you have a way with words)

Sincerely
Memphis, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I used my Hilton Honors points to stay on the executive floor level which allowed access to the lounge for snacks and continental breakfast, freeing me to get where I needed to be on time. The room was clean, location was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive review on our hotel. We take great pride in the level of service that we provide for our guests and we are truly grateful for your business.

Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I booked rooms on line for a one-night romantic stay. From the time we walked into the front doors, every single hotel employee that we met was incredibly helpful, kind and cheerful. From the exceptional check in process that was hassle free, to the recommendations for the best local restaurant, everyone was spot on. After dinner we decided to have a cocktail in the hotel bar, the Orange Martini. Even late at night, we had the same exceptional service and helpful attitude. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was looking for a one-night stay to travelers who pan on making Knoxville there destination, STAY AT THIS HOTEL. That is how strongly I feel about how the employees made us feel on our short visit. Well done downtown Knoxville Hilton. I promise you that this is now our hotel of choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a special weekend. I am so pleased that you had a great experience. On behalf of my entire team, thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you back with us soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 31, 2014

It took 2 hours to get out of the parking garage. Cars were lined up for several levels. Although the parking ($13) was charged to my Hilton bill automatically when I made a reservation, the parking spot clearly says Hilton Knoxville, and the attendants at the entrance are Hilton employees; no-one would help. The people at the desk, including the manager, plead no responsibility and gave me numbers to call that do not answer. No ownership whatsoever. Not even a pretense of caring or the slightest concern for customer service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the parking garage during your stay at the Hilton Hotel. I understand how impactful an experience like this can be and that it carries a heavy impact on your day or evening based on the time lost. We are working at the highest level to correct the issues with the garage management and feel confident in their commitment to preventing the issue from re-occurring. I again want to stress my apologies on behalf of the Hilton Hotel for experience. We take our guests satisfaction very seriously and strive to give the expected level of service in every way. I assure you that we will address the issue and I do hope that you will consider Hilton Hotels for your future travel needs. Thank you for your feedback.