“Avoid room #1113 - otherwise, pretty nice”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roanoke, VA
“Avoid room #1113 - otherwise, pretty nice”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have read reviews that said they booked through Hotwire and were placed in a lower class room. I never believed this actually happened until last weekend. I booked a room for one night to visit the UT campus. I got a great rate through Hotwire. When we walked into the hotel, everything was gorgeous and classy. You could tell the hotel was several years old but they have done a great job of keeping the entry & lobby area up to date. (There was a convenient computer center with several computers available for use.) We were placed in room 1113 which had a decent view of downtown. The room was extremely spacious. My initial disappointment was when I found hairs in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor. Otherwise the room looked very clean. We wanted to use the water glasses in the room later that night and found that one glass had lipstick on it. None of this was because we'd booked through Hotwire. And other than these few cleanliness issues, the room was comfortable. The beds were terrific and we love the Hilton pillows. It was an EXTREMELY cold night and the room heater kept things toasty. We were grateful to have valet parking in this weather! Unfortunately, around 7:00 the next morning, I realized why this must be a "Hotwire Rate room". Apparently room #1113 is below the cleaning closet / laundry room on the 12th floor. I was woken up by the sound of carts rolling across my ceiling - very loud carts. As well as a loud sound of water running which I assume was the washing machines. I'm now a believer in the whole Hotwire rooms which I had read about before. I would definitely stay here again if I could make sure to have a room where I wouldn't be woken by loud cleaning noises (which continued throughout the morning). The staff was extremely friendly and the valet guys deserve a medal for working in that weather! Overall, nice hotel with a few cleaning issues and a very poorly placed cleaning room.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep past 7 a.m., don't stay in room #1113!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about both the positive things and the things you were not pleased with during your stay. It does demonstrate a level of professionalism that is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the issues that you encountered in your room. I will assure you that we do not have rooms that are designated for certain guests or guests that book through certain avenues. It is however, my responsibility to ensure that we are very careful to avoid noise complaints especially ones that involve our hotel associates. We do not have laundry equipment on upper levels of the hotel but will certainly commit to correcting the issues you experienced for all of our valued guests. Thank you again for allowing us an opportunity to move forward and improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Knoxville, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I recently stayed at the Downtown Knoxville Hilton for a 4-day conference, and the staff were all so helpful, particularly Jose who helped us immensely during the conference. The guest rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Location is very convenient to Market Square and downtown area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with fellow travelers. It is such a pleasure to hear such things from our guests. I trust that we will have another opportunity to serve you soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Hotel was wonderful! We enjoyed the stay overnight. However, when we got there our heat wasn't working & it was COLD! Maintenance came in & checked & had to replace our unit. It was warm & cozy when we returned. Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us for your recent holiday. I do apologize for the need to make a repair in your guest room during your stay. We do appreciate your professionalism in allowing us to correct the issue. I hope we will see you back soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for New Years Eve. Clean rooms, optional pay for late night breakfast on New Years, and the service was great. I Would stay here again. . . It was so nice having a Starbucks downstairs. The bar in the hotel is way too overpriced though for regular draft beer.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for giving us your professional feedback from your stay. I am certainly pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We will also review the other points you made and ensure that we are offering the best value possible for our guests. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you back soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This pet friendly hotel was awesome! The staff was friendly and professional. They have one floor for pets, the rest are non-pets. We stayed on the pet friendly floor since we had our dog with us. The room was SUPER clean and nice. Very roomy. The lobby was great and there is a Starbucks in the lobby which was very convenient. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Hilton always delivers!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I just wanted to thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back for next visit soon.

Richland, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hotel with parking garage located downtown within walking distance from great food establishments and night entertainment. Cleanliness of room was excellent and staff was friendly and courteous. Nice bar and clean establishment!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly striving to improve every day and it is only possible with the feedback from our loyal guests. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you back soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great option for downtown Knoxville and is very close to the University of Tennessee. It's very inviting when you walk in. The valet staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and Windows or Apple computers to use along with printing functionality. This definitely caters to business but is a great option for a family as well. There is coffee in the room and the rooms are a good size for the price. The only complaint I have is the shower head didn't seem to be functioning prospect and it felt like you were getting water boarded. That being said it was a minor inconvenience and overall would recommend a stay here to others and would stay here again personally.

Stayed December 2013
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest and professional feedback. We take great pride in hearing such wonderful thing from guess