“Sub-standard”

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

After spending over $2500 in a three night span at Hilton Hotel (downtown) Knoxville, I encourage travelers to look elsewhere. I checked into a room that was not clean. The bathtub did not drain properly, and there was trouble with appropriate water temperature on two nights. No refrigerator, no microwave and although willing to pay extra for these things, Hilton could not arrange. Very displeased - the poorest Hilton I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy R
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry that encountered this type of experience in our hotel. As a Hilton property we take pride in striving to deliver the appropriate experience to our guest. Clearly we failed to deliver our own expectation in this case. I again apologize for this and commit to addressing the issue with my team to avoid in the future. I do trust that we have another opportunity to give you a better experience in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Knoxville

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel while traveling. We arrived at 3 a.m. after a full day on the road, completely exhausted. After asking for 2 room keys, we received one. We parked the car and got all of our belongings out and headed to the room. Upon finding out room, our one room key did not work. My husband stayed at the room door with all of our belongings while I went to the front desk. After waiting 10 minutes in line while someone else checked in, my key was re-scanned and I was told it should work fine now. I went back to the room and it did not work. I returned to the lobby only to wait in line another 10 minutes. I was then given a new key and a security guard escorted me back to the room with her master key. My new key still did not work but the security guard let us in with her master, ignoring the fact that my key STILL did not work. There was a EXTREMELY loud sound coming from the toilet in the room but after glancing into the bathroom, the security guard just left. In total, it took 45 minutes to get into our room, which we then could not leave as our key still not work, and my husband had to fix the toilet himself (as I was NOT going to ask the lobby for help). We left as soon as the sun rose as we wanted nothing to do with the hotel anymore. After a long day of driving, this was not at all the experience we had in mind when booking a HILTON. Extremely disappointed with this chain as it was not at all worth the cost.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your stay. I offer my sincere apologies for the problems you faced during your arrival and your stay. I understand how such circumstances impact a traveling family, especially at that time of the night. I know that my apologies do not take back the occurrence but I will certainly address the issue. As a team we can be diligent in checking our systems to ensure we avoid placing our guests in these types of situations. Again, on behalf of our entire team I offer my apologies. I do trust that you continue to utilize the Hilton brand for your travel needs in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

the staff at this hotel is very bad and not helpful at all. I have a daughter starting at UTK and will not stay at this hotel again. I am an honors member and they just don't know what they are doing. OH and don't plan to actually sleep......sooooo noisy

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We walked easily to some great night life and shopping. The hotel staff was friendly. Servers in the bar and dining room were professional. Parking service was fantastic. We would stay here again. The ventilation in the room was noisy but kept the temperature comfortable. A nice Hilton experience, as usual.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We are grateful that you chose to stay at our hotel and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We arrived late in the day and were very tired. They immediately checked us in, very courteous service. We freshened up in a ver clean room. We asked the desk about a place we could have dinner and she recommended Market Square. What a great little area only two blocks from hotel!
Definitely would return to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the team here at the Hilton Knoxville I just wanted to thank you for telling us about your stay. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I travel for business so have stayed in everything from the Ritz to the Day's Inn. The Hilton is a nice hotel, clean, comfortable, very convenient to UT. To get to the next level I would suggest a better menu in the dining room so I can entertain guests without having to go elsewhere. I spent some time at the bar but found that the wine list was pedestrian and the Scotch selection wanting.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike E

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to let us know of your stay. I will take some steps to address your thoughts about both the wine list and the Scotch selection. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed one night, wish I had stayed two instead of moving. This property is located right in the heart of downtown - easy walking distance to all downtown sights and activities.

This is an older property that shows its age here and there. Overall it is clean, well kept, modern Hilton furnishings and decor, and exceptional customer service. My room was on one of the concierge /hhonors floors. It was generally small compared to a lot of properties, but the bathroom was a good size. Furnishings and decor were current, and I had a fantastic sleep on the bed (pillows also good).

The common areas seemed a little small in the lobby and not very comfortable for lounging. I often travel with people who like to sit in the lobby and do emails, etc... Probably not a good environment fir that. The concierge lounge is also off the lobby. Nice evening appetizers and breakfast.

Finally, the staff were too notch... Friendly and welcoming. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'd self park. Valet guys are very friendly but they are busy. Garage is easy to access hotel an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are always pleased to know that you were happy with your stay and loved the positive comments about our staff. We look forward to seeing you back with us.